• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2019 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I know this for several reasons. 1) He is closely covered on every single reception (no separation speed from small school kids who regularly run 4.7 to 4.9 40's). 2) That long INT he returned for 6 was painful to watch, if anyone was out there with real sprinter speed they would have ran his ass down in a heartbeat.

The kid is a great athlete, no doubt. I stand by my statement, he lacks sprinter speed to get a full ride FBS scholarship.

I've seen him play live. He isn't a 4.4 guy, but he has plenty of closing speed. Much more importantly is his back pedal, hips, and ball skills. I'm not sure if he'll get FBS offers or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. Definitely has the talent to play boundary in the Big Sky though.

I agree with you that Dixon is a great HS player, especially at a small school level, which is only 138-825 enrollment (and the 825 is leaving for AA). He better standout shockingly if he is to be considered a FBS player. You say Dixon has plenty of closing speed, well sure in this small division where his opponents won't smell the parking lot of a D1 football stadium unless they are paying. But does he have plenty of closing speed for a full ride FBS scholarship? We shall see.

Bozeman 2094
Billings Senior 1810
Billings West 1761
Helena 1555
Billings Skyview 1521
Great Falls 1446
Great Falls CMR 1441
Flathead 1402
Glacier 1293
Helena Capital 1292
Butte 1224
Missoula Sentinel 1199
Missoula Hellgate 1167
Missoula Big Sky 1099

Belgrade 825
Columbia Falls 642
Laurel 628
Browning 550
Havre 531
Hamilton 486
Whitefish 476
Hardin 471
Polson 463
Corvallis 449
Park 444
Frenchtown 389
Dawson County 362
Sidney 359
Fergus 344
Stevensville 343
Ronan 330
Billings Central 327
Beaverhead County 324
Glasgow 254
Butte Central 138

I just wish Dixon had the closing speed of this speedster: (talk about closing speed, watch the last highlight at 2:20 mark)

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6038825/Damien-Nelson

Yet Damien will not be playing in the FCS. Signed with MSU-Northern. Closing speed certainly is a big part of playing in the secondary at any level but it isn't the whole package. Awareness, instincts, tackling ability, and confidence are all characteristics that should be taken into account along with speed when evaluating a corner. I do not think Chrishon is a scholarship FBS player but he is in the conversation as the best player in Montana and receiving a full-ride from both Montana and Montana State.

I had Damien ranked as one of the best CBs in that class, and I think NAIA is the best fit for him. He’s got speed but like Vim said, it takes more than being fast to play corner in the FBS.

VimSince03 said:
bshay said:
What are your thoughts on the kid, Garrett Brown, out of Corvallis?

I think he's a beast and the second best defensive tackle in this class behind Garrison Poetzl. Everyone struggled to block him last year in the Southwestern A conference.

Agreed. The guy just upped his bench at the Corvallis Lift-A-Thon to 335. He put up 225 16 times for fun.

Talked with Chrishon's dad this weekend. He says Choate has been talking with Chrishon almost every day and the Griz have sent him a question aire to fill out. He wasn't impressed with that. Not to worry. Chrishon wants to play basketball at the next level. That might be his best choice. Not sure he is physical enough to play corner.

Grizwold said:
Talked with Chrishon's dad this weekend. He says Choate has been talking with Chrishon almost every day and the Griz have sent him a question aire to fill out. He wasn't impressed with that. Not to worry. Chrishon wants to play basketball at the next level. That might be his best choice. Not sure he is physical enough to play corner.

:roll:

Those were his Dad's words not mine about playing corner. But the kid wants to play hoops. I'm not so sure he couldn't play D1 hoops. His first step is as good as it gets. So I guess we will just have to see. I wish him the best. He is a great kid!

Grizwold said:
Those were his Dad's words not mine about playing corner. But the kid wants to play hoops. I'm not so sure he couldn't play D1 hoops. His first step is as good as it gets. So I guess we will just have to see. I wish him the best. He is a great kid!

I'll agree that he is a solid basketball player. Had a heck of a state tournament last weekend.

Grizwold said:
They all want to play basketball until they have to play in the Frontier. I'm guessing Crishon plays football.

Yea I'm not sure if Chrishon is wanting to play Frontier or GNAC. He might be. He would have to improve his outside shot quite a bit to play D1 IMO. The rest of his game is pretty solid.

NateB123 said:
VimSince03 said:
bshay said:

I think he's a beast and the second best defensive tackle in this class behind Garrison Poetzl. Everyone struggled to block him last year in the Southwestern A conference.

Agreed. The guy just upped his bench at the Corvallis Lift-A-Thon to 335. He put up 225 16 times for fun.

LIang Liedle is a teammate of Brown's. Just won the lift-a-thon for the 3rd year in a row. He might weigh 150 right now, but should have his weight up for the season. Heard he put up 260 on the bench. Any word on this kid. Looks extremely athletic.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5050963/Liang-Liedle

Met with Meyer's older brother at the state tournament in town this weekend. I don't think he wanted to give much away, but Meyer is getting more FCS looks than people realize. The other school, EWU, Idaho State, and even an Ivy league have all been in contact with him.

I watched his highlights again, and he did a number on Graves in his game against Eureka. His dad and brother are great people/coaches, and he is an intriguing prospect to me. Does anyone know how fast he is?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6408078/5a0ba4073453080f10522241

What do you rank Brian Buschini K from Helena (Capital) he recently visited and I see he is a Kicker for the 2019 class.

Missoula223 said:
Met with Meyer's older brother at the state tournament in town this weekend. I don't think he wanted to give much away, but Meyer is getting more FCS looks than people realize. The other school, EWU, Idaho State, and even an Ivy league have all been in contact with him.

I watched his highlights again, and he did a number on Graves in his game against Eureka. His dad and brother are great people/coaches, and he is an intriguing prospect to me. Does anyone know how fast he is?

He is in the 11.9 range for the 100M dash. Would not be a corner. Slot receiver or safety at the FCS level. I've seen him play many times over the past two years and it would be hard to find a more competitive football player in the state. Despite his size, the kid is afraid of no one on the football field.

VimSince03 said:
Missoula223 said:

He is in the 11.9 range for the 100M dash. Would not be a corner. Slot receiver or safety at the FCS level. I've seen him play many times over the past two years and it would be hard to find a more competitive football player in the state. Despite his size, the kid is afraid of no one on the football field.

Thanks. I asked his brother and he replied with, "He moves." Haha

Missoula223 said:
VimSince03 said:
Missoula223 said:

Thanks. I asked his brother and he replied with, "He moves." Haha

Go to 2:42 in the highlight you posted...you don't need sprinter speed when you have instincts like that at safety.

Grizrule#1 said:
NateB123 said:
VimSince03 said:
bshay said:

LIang Liedle is a teammate of Brown's. Just won the lift-a-thon for the 3rd year in a row. He might weigh 150 right now, but should have his weight up for the season. Heard he put up 260 on the bench. Any word on this kid. Looks extremely athletic.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5050963/Liang-Liedle

Former Corvallis Blue Devil here, so it's cool to see some of these young guys get recognition. Back in my day we were lucky to win 1 or 2 games.

Sounds like this Garret Brown kid is quite the beast causing all sorts of mayhem in the backfield. The Liedle kid seems like a mixed bag of talent, is he a QB, a WR, LB, or DB? Either of these kids have any shot at joining the Griz? Would love to be able to root for some Corvallis boys while watching the U.

George Ferguson said:
I know Longeran and Dixon for sure both have offers from both schools. I'm sure Poetzl does as well. Hopefully Longeran wants to be in Missoula with his sister. Been told by someone I know at BC that Dixon is thinking bigger and wants to leave MT.

Maybe Dixson can follow his Dad around the nation and land somewhere since he is never in Billings..

IntuitiveGriz said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
I know Longeran and Dixon for sure both have offers from both schools. I'm sure Poetzl does as well. Hopefully Longeran wants to be in Missoula with his sister. Been told by someone I know at BC that Dixon is thinking bigger and wants to leave MT.

Considering Dixons dad probably has connections and his brother left the cats for Utah (still amazes me why and how) he probably does have bigger thoughts. There is also no lack of arrogance when considering those two male figures in his life so I could certainly see him eyeing bigger. I have not seen him play football but hopefully he is better than his brother if he wants to be successful at a bigger school.

Chrishon Dixon doesn't have the sprinter speed to get a full ride FBS scholarship.

Not according to his old man... :lol: :lol:

VimSince03 said:
Grizwold said:

I'll agree that he is a solid basketball player. Had a heck of a state tournament last weekend.

No way he will play D1 hoops...not good enough...Class A ball this year was rather weak all around except for Hardin and BC and even then, poor D all around.

Back