• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2019 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

George Ferguson said:
I know Longeran and Dixon for sure both have offers from both schools. I'm sure Poetzl does as well. Hopefully Longeran wants to be in Missoula with his sister. Been told by someone I know at BC that Dixon is thinking bigger and wants to leave MT.

Considering Dixons dad probably has connections and his brother left the cats for Utah (still amazes me why and how) he probably does have bigger thoughts. There is also no lack of arrogance when considering those two male figures in his life so I could certainly see him eyeing bigger. I have not seen him play football but hopefully he is better than his brother if he wants to be successful at a bigger school.

Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:
I know Longeran and Dixon for sure both have offers from both schools. I'm sure Poetzl does as well. Hopefully Longeran wants to be in Missoula with his sister. Been told by someone I know at BC that Dixon is thinking bigger and wants to leave MT.

Considering Dixons dad probably has connections and his brother left the cats for Utah (still amazes me why and how) he probably does have bigger thoughts. There is also no lack of arrogance when considering those two male figures in his life so I could certainly see him eyeing bigger. I have not seen him play football but hopefully he is better than his brother if he wants to be successful at a bigger school.

Chrishon Dixon doesn't have the sprinter speed to get a full ride FBS scholarship.

VimSince03 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
VimSince03 said:
obiwan said:
If you are talking under classman, you have to consider qb Carson Rostad from Hamilton. I am big on BC and Dxon, but the couple of Hamilton games I listened to last year he was a stud. He along with a couple of their other studs, played both ways. Anyway, he had a lot of help on offense, but really threw the ball a ton and was composed in the games I listened to. 6'2" and growing I think. Not sure what he has coming back to help this year but he will be fun to follow the next couple years.

Carson will a Top 10 prospect in the 2020 class. He has two solid receivers (Camron Rothie and Tyler Barnes) returning this year. He will lose some studs on the offensive line but Bryce Carver has completely revitalized the program. Hamilton will be competitive for the foreseeable future. Carson is a very good football player and a legit QB to watch going forward.

Carson, for me, might be the #1 prospect in the 2020 class as of right now. With his size and athletic ability, plus arm strength and accuracy, he is definitely a legit QB prospect

DeMarcus Carr, the RB out of Billings West, will be right up there as well in the class of 2020. Butte QB Tommy Mellot has a shot if he can have a good junior season this fall. DL Aaron Richards out of Butte Central will also make some noise the next two years.

Aaron Richards is related to former (Butte Central) Griz Jonathan and Aschan Richards (who are cousins)... good bloodline.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:

Chrishon Dixon doesn't have the sprinter speed to get a full ride FBS scholarship.

You know this how? He doesn't run track. From what I've seen, he has plenty of closing speed, very good in his back pedal, and fluid hips. Also very good ball skills for a HS corner. Plays physical. Best corner prospect coming out of Montana as long as I can remember. Although, Montana doesn't produce hardly any D1 corners.

Sam A. Blitz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Igotgoodsources said:
George Ferguson said:

You know this how? He doesn't run track. From what I've seen, he has plenty of closing speed, very good in his back pedal, and fluid hips. Also very good ball skills for a HS corner. Plays physical. Best corner prospect coming out of Montana as long as I can remember. Although, Montana doesn't produce hardly any D1 corners.

Personally, I like him more as a receiver. But he's also the best corner in the state in my opinion.

VimSince03 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Personally, I like him more as a receiver. But he's also the best corner in the state in my opinion.

Vim, suspect he'd prefer to be on offense just like 9 out of 10 High School kids would. Yet, he is definitely at his best as a corner back.

I suspect "I got sources" is correct about Crishon's dad having both connections and aspirations for his son to play above FCS. No, he is not a sprinter but the kid is VERY FAST on the football field and an exceptional natural athlete. For the most part speed won't be an issue with his prospects.

If he can put on a bit more weight and not hurt his closing speed I'd guess he'll have multiple PWO opportunities in the Mt West or possibly Pac 12 level. Guaranteed he'll have several full ride offers across the FCS. So it may come down to whom the PWO offers are with. In other words, PWO at Wyoming is not superior to free school and playing at UM, yet a PWO at USC would probably get him to California in a heart beat. We'll see how it pans out but the kid is a player and I'd love to see him be a Grizzly. :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Vim, suspect he'd prefer to be on offense just like 9 out of 10 High School kids would. Yet, he is definitely at his best as a corner back.

I suspect "I got sources" is correct about Crishon's dad having both connections and aspirations for his son to play above FCS. No, he is not a sprinter but the kid is VERY FAST on the football field and an exceptional natural athlete. For the most part speed won't be an issue with his prospects.

If he can put on a bit more weight and not hurt his closing speed I'd guess he'll have multiple PWO opportunities in the Mt West or possibly Pac 12 level. Guaranteed he'll have several full ride offers across the FCS. So it may come down to whom the PWO offers are with. In other words, PWO at Wyoming is not superior to free school and playing at UM, yet a PWO at USC would probably get him to California in a heart beat. We'll see how it pans out but the kid is a player and I'd love to see him be a Grizzly. :ugeek:

I like him as a corner as well. From what I saw, he was a better CB than WR

HowardRoss280 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Yeah I see WR over CB. Got All-state nod at CB over WR in Class A but Billings West rarely passes the ball so numbers were never going to be in his favor on offense. But he completely took over that Hamilton semifinal game on offense. Hamilton had good corners and they couldn't stop him one on one. If I recruited him, I would want him on offense first because of his ball skills, route running, and overall play-making ability with the ball in his hands. Rarely does a kid have all three coming out of high school.

HowardRoss280 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

If he wants to come to UM he better say WR....apparently UM doesn't recruit CBs

Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

I would think Utah would have to be named specifically in that good list you put together above.

VimSince03 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:

Yeah I see WR over CB. Got All-state nod at CB over WR in Class A but Billings West rarely passes the ball so numbers were never going to be in his favor on offense. But he completely took over that Hamilton semifinal game on offense. Hamilton had good corners and they couldn't stop him one on one. If I recruited him, I would want him on offense first because of his ball skills, route running, and overall play-making ability with the ball in his hands. Rarely does a kid have all three coming out of high school.

I agree. Tough to discern his full offensive potential when he plays for a team that is 90 percent run. He definitely was dominant offensively in that Hamilton game. Length matters. Hamilton had good corners, but undersized. BC s last two offensive series Hamilton manned up on him with a taller safety which might have been the difference in the game. Anyway, he definitely has the size and hands to be an fcs reciever. Before judging his speed give him a chance to play one side of the ball. Hard to show full speed when you rarely come off the field.

obiwan said:
VimSince03 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

I agree. Tough to discern his full offensive potential when he plays for a team that is 90 percent run. He definitely was dominant offensively in that Hamilton game. Length matters. Hamilton had good corners, but undersized. BC s last two offensive series Hamilton manned up on him with a taller safety which might have been the difference in the game. Anyway, he definitely has the size and hands to be an fcs reciever. Before judging his speed give him a chance to play one side of the ball. Hard to show full speed when you rarely come off the field.

Great short area quickness and instincts so would excel at either. Probably time to move the topic on. There is a large amount of depth at WR in this class. Will be interesting to see who is offered what as I don't see a bunch of scholarships going out to this years class.

Overall, the talent of the entire class is down compared to prior years in my opinion. But that is just based off junior tape and soooooo many kids make huge strides from their junior to senior years. Gotta let the process play out.

Ursus1 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
VimSince03 said:

If he wants to come to UM he better say WR....apparently UM doesn't recruit CBs

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb:

For only being 5'10", 165 lbs., Ryder may be the heaviest hitter in next year's Montana class. An extremely competitive kid.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NW_Spotlight/status/965680927488688129[/tweet]

VimSince03 said:
For only being 5'10", 165 lbs., Ryder may be the heaviest hitter in next year's Montana class. An extremely competitive kid.

Tough as nails. I hope he gets a shot at the FCS level at least a small partial or PWO. He has good closing speed and will tackle anyone. UM has had a few undersized safeties with toughness and grit do well here. I hope he gets that shot.

dayday said:
VimSince03 said:

Tough as nails. I hope he gets a shot at the FCS level at least a small partial or PWO. He has good closing speed and will tackle anyone. UM has a few undersized safeties with toughness and grit do well here. I hope he gets that shot.

Coach's kid. Never out of position. Dad and brother both went to Rocky, so would assume that is where he will end up if he doesn't get an FCS shot.

Back