• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Marketing

kemajic said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:
The alt-left position has always been a turnoff for me but more recently their refusal to address the real cost issues with the University are bigger. UM is grossly overstaffed and overbuilt for the enrollment and their answer is to raise tuition and fees so they don't have to have difficult discussions with faculty. It's that kind of stupidity that makes death spirals. Keep doing the same things and hope things turn differently. I keep supporting the AD, but my support to the general fund will be on hold until I see some action that has a chance.

i always click on and read every kem post just to make sure that his years long streak of posting nothing but closed-minded, 'um sucks because of liberals', nothing is good enough, and 'things were so much better in the old days' whines remains intact.

i bet i'm not the only one.
I love to bring out the progressive claims that conservatives are "closed-minded' because they don't share their superior views. And of course the progressives are so much more tolerant and supportive of free speech, which we are seeing so clearly across campuses today. There are plenty of reasons they are losing.

Speaking of UM administration, what kind of report card do you give them?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
kemajic said:
The_Real_Chief said:
I stop giving money to the school when students tried to divest everything related to energy, so since thats the industry i work in, i stopped writing checks. I'll send checks to the athletics department and the business school.
The alt-left position has always been a turnoff for me but more recently their refusal to address the real cost issues with the University are bigger. UM is grossly overstaffed and overbuilt for the enrollment and their answer is to raise tuition and fees so they don't have to have difficult discussions with faculty. It's that kind of stupidity that makes death spirals. Keep doing the same things and hope things turn differently. I keep supporting the AD, but my support to the general fund will be on hold until I see some action that has a chance.

"ALT LEFT"? geezus, get a life! Or, get Montanans to pay taxes so that California and the progressive states don't have to support you.

Lol California supporting people hahahahaha...

How are you enjoying your free energy Montanans are subsidizing for you Californian dbags?

Dont worry, I'm sure the state will see that money you owe us someday.

Exactly!!!!!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
kemajic said:
The_Real_Chief said:
I stop giving money to the school when students tried to divest everything related to energy, so since thats the industry i work in, i stopped writing checks. I'll send checks to the athletics department and the business school.

"ALT LEFT"? geezus, get a life! Or, get Montanans to pay taxes so that California and the progressive states don't have to support you.

How are you enjoying your free energy Montanans are subsidizing for you Californian dbags?

Check your fact, Tex..Last I saw was Montana gets a lot of pretty good athletes, professors, coaches, and a money from those dbags....How old are you, 16? I also read where Montana leads the nation in alcoholism, and suicide and is right up there with Texas and the Rust belt in Methheads. So, punch a cow.

GrizLA said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
kemajic said:

Check your fact, Tex..Last I saw was Montana gets a lot of pretty good athletes, professors, coaches, and a money from those dbags....How old are you, 16? I also read where Montana leads the nation in alcoholism, and suicide and is right up there with Texas and the Rust belt in Methheads. So, punch a cow.

Im 28 and obviously already more intelligent than you. Last I checked good athletes and coaches weren't a huge sector of the economy like ENERGY which is what the entire conversation and my comment was related.

That comment was based off your idiotic comment about Californians supporting Montanans. So I responded with actual facts on how Montana produced energy quite literally provides your state with a large sum of the power your states economy runs off of.

The reason for my comment is because Californians constantly say dumb shit like you thinking Cali is gods gift to America and that Cali supports the entire country with both its economy and ideologies, a claim that is clearly not true.

Do I have to break down the rest of this convo for you to understand?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:

Im 28 and obviously already more intelligent than you. Last I checked good athletes and coaches weren't a huge sector of the economy like ENERGY which is what the entire conversation and my comment was related.

That comment was based off your idiotic comment about Californians supporting Montanans. So I responded with actual facts on how Montana produced energy quite literally provides your state with a large sum of the power your states economy runs off of.

The reason for my comment is because Californians constantly say dumb shit like you thinking Cali is gods gift to America and that Cali supports the entire country with both its economy and ideologies, a claim that is clearly not true.

28? Hard to believe since you appear to be in your teens.

GrizLA said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

28? Hard to believe since you appear to be in your teens.

Good response.

"What we have here is the failure to communicate" with another well-intended thread gone rogue, taking a 180 turn and finding itself mucking around in a swamp with a lot of finger pointing that does nothing to help anyone find the way back to the trailhead.

As for all the" good news" coming out of campus, I find nothing that any longer suggests a stimulating and enriching scholastic environment for Montana kids who'll be receiving their high school diplomas next month. And the UM Foundation wonders why I've put my funding for a student assistance scholarship on hold until a new president shows some evidence of turning around this directionless Titanic :?: Truth be told, I can't in good conscience bring myself to doing anything to encourage any new grad to entrust his or her higher education years to UM.

As for an over-populated, over-taxed, over-regulated and waay too much full-of-itself Cali - its best days aren't even in the rear view mirror anymore. Can't wait for the Cascadian fault to do its thing with a long overdue major correction. :coffee:

Silvertip said:
"What we have here is the failure to communicate" with another well-intended thread gone rogue, taking a 180 turn and finding itself mucking around in a swamp with a lot of finger pointing that does nothing to help anyone find the way back to the trailhead.

As for all the" good news" coming out of campus, I find nothing that any longer suggests a stimulating and enriching scholastic environment for Montana kids who'll be receiving their high school diplomas next month. And the UM Foundation wonders why I've put my funding for a student assistance scholarship on hold until a new president shows some evidence of turning around this directionless Titanic :?: Truth be told, I can't in good conscience bring myself to doing anything to encourage any new grad to entrust his or her higher education years to UM.

As for an over-populated, over-taxed, over-regulated and waay too much full-of-itself Cali - its best days aren't even in the rear view mirror anymore. Can't wait for the Cascadian fault to do its thing with a long overdue major correction. :coffee:

Parts of Calif are, indeed, overpopulated. But, not overtaxed or over regulated since the people there voted for taxes to build what they have and that included 5 of the worlds greatest universities, a world view unique in America that looks outward and forward. Still, since I only live there part time now, I see another state with a long history and world view of its own in direct contrast to the Golden State and even here, people take pride and support their universities. Why can't Montanans do the same? As for your wish for bad things to happen to millions of people, I would have hoped the U of Montana would have produced a much more humane human being. They seem to be failing on all fronts.

Silvertip said:

So in summation, it sounds like your solutions are:

1) Do nothing
2) Hope that 39 million people perish in a natural disaster

Good talk!

What you have to understand it is the arrogance most CA show that causes so much hate. I mean what about the proposals by some clueless CA to build pipelines to take the pacific NW water or the one to build a dam in North Idaho and flood the entire Clarkfork river and Flathead valleys to make a resevoir all designed to feed California water needs. The belief that they are superior, and anyone who doesn't agree is an uneducated hick and has less rights is what drives people mad. So yes the unique world view of CA can suck an egg.

Yes I know that these proposals went nowhere, but the arrogance that someone even thought of them is what grinds my gears.

Back