• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Marketing

Grizzoola said:
Kind of ironic, since UM's business school has marketing programs and the Entertainment Management program.

They're just not as good as say a dome or a pair of a Eastern European woman's breasts.

We're fucked!

Ursa Major said:
Grizzoola said:
Kind of ironic, since UM's business school has marketing programs and the Entertainment Management program.

They're just not as good as say a dome or a pair of a Eastern European woman's breasts.

We're f***[*]!

Amen.

bray said:
Nice! The same old gameday routine was getting boring to say the least. I just emailed some song suggestions to the marketing department last week, they must be listening, haha.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If you are suggesting removing Cotton Eye'd Joe, Thank God i'm a country boy, and American Badass I strongly disagree...

Just to clarify a bit.... the UM Marketing Department is a separate entity then the UM Athletics Marketing Department.
One is doing a good job (sold out stadium, apparel sales, advertising revenue, etc.) the other...not so good!!

Grizzly4Life said:
Just to clarify a bit.... the UM Marketing Department is a separate entity then the UM Athletics Marketing Department.
One is doing a good job (sold out stadium, apparel sales, advertising revenue, etc.) the other...not so good!!

Think of marketing like the the AMA defines it, "the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large."

Creation, communication and delivery are hugely deficient here. The exchange offering you describe is being impacted significantly by the relative mediocrity of the program since the last national title run. Translation, if the program continues to miss on its stated goals, winning the conference, beating state ag, & playoffs and so forth - you know, the long march toward irrelevance, the sell-outs go away, nobody wants the goods, and revenues dry up.

It comes down to leadership and money. I love Ms. S, but she's only the bridge to the next man or woman up. What they do to revitalize the U & how they decide to market that will be key. Then it really is about how much money can be allocated, as I've already said, they're going to have to prioritize bringing on the right talent and spend money advertising.

Absent leadership & money, the next best thing is to look for some incremental opportunity, find kids in the business program with ideas, take some risks on them and get back in the game. Oh yeah, fix the music and the fan experience. Doesn't cost much, and will quell the concerns of many. But that won't make a hell of a big difference unless that bastard captain green hat can get it done & they find some real leadership for everything else. #makeumgreatagain

The_Real_Chief said:
bray said:
Nice! The same old gameday routine was getting boring to say the least. I just emailed some song suggestions to the marketing department last week, they must be listening, haha.

If you are suggesting removing Cotton Eye'd Joe, Thank God i'm a country boy, and American Badass I strongly disagree...

By all means, lets not let opposing fans and recruits coming to the most advanced stadium and football atmosphere in all FCS forget we're really just a bunch of bumpkins and hicks.

horribilisfan8184 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
bray said:

By all means, lets not let opposing fans and recruits coming to the most advanced stadium and football atmosphere in all FCS forget we're really just a bunch of bumpkins and hicks.

They already think we ride horse's to work everyday so why not just embrace it?

The_Real_Chief said:
I'd love them to throw on "Back in the Saddle Again" by Gene Autry, just because its a great song.
As long as we're going back that far, how about this?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT_nMcl1QvQ[/youtube]

Grizzoola said:
The_Real_Chief said:
I'd love them to throw on "Back in the Saddle Again" by Gene Autry, just because its a great song.
As long as we're going back that far, how about this?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT_nMcl1QvQ[/youtube]

That song is awesome i'd love to see our guys come out of the tunnel to that song!

I Gotta Get Drunk
Willie Nelson
Well I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
'Cause I know just what I'm gonna do
I'll start to spend my money
Calling everybody honey
And wind up singing the blues
I'll spend my whole paycheck
On some old wreck
And brother I can name you a few
But I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
I gotta get drunk I can't stay sober
There's a lot of good people in town
Who'd like to hear me holler
See me spend my dollars
And I wouldn't think of lettin' 'em down
There's a lot of doctors that tell me
That I'd better start to slowin' it down
But there's more old drunks
Than there are old doctors
So I guess we'd better have another round
Well now I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Calling everybody honey
On some old wreck
Well I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Well I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Calling everybody honey
On some old wreck
Well I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Songwriters: WILLIE NELSON

kemajic said:
I Gotta Get Drunk
Willie Nelson
Well I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Calling everybody honey
On some old wreck
But I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
I gotta get drunk I can't stay sober
There's a lot of good people in town
Who'd like to hear me holler
See me spend my dollars
And I wouldn't think of lettin' 'em down
There's a lot of doctors that tell me
That I'd better start to slowin' it down
But there's more old drunks
Than there are old doctors
So I guess we'd better have another round
Well now I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Calling everybody honey
On some old wreck
Well I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Well I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Calling everybody honey
On some old wreck
Well I gotta get drunk
And I sure do dread it
Songwriters: WILLIE NELSON

This song encompasses the Griz gameday experience.

horribilisfan8184 said:
The_Real_Chief said:

I'd prefer "Blazing Saddles", we might as well be hicks with a sense of humor.

We totally are a bunch of hicks with a sense of humor

This should clear things up & quick.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/umgrizzlies/status/850045739241754624[/tweet]

Back