• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Marketing

The_Real_Chief said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
I'd love them to throw on "Back in the Saddle Again" by Gene Autry, just because its a great song.
I'd prefer "Blazing Saddles", we might as well be hicks with a sense of humor.
We totally are a bunch of hicks with a sense of humor
Well, why not? If you don't like the Sons of the Pioneers, you are not a Montanan!

This is horrible marketing:

UM-GoThere-300x250_run.png

It's like McDonald's saying "let's eat there". It instantly turns you off.

Stupid. No wonder enrollment keeps falling.

griz5700 said:

Whoa there pardner. No one I know would consider this marketing. This is something an intern put together on their mac in the dorm room. I think he got fired, which is why they're looking for interns. Either that or the meth is making its way over fron Cheney in bigger batches.

bgbigdog said:
griz5700 said:

Whoa there pardner. No one I know would consider this marketing. This is something an intern put together on their mac in the dorm room. I think he got fired, which is why they're looking for interns. Either that or the meth is making its way over fron Cheney in bigger batches.

Really? Because I see it everywhere. It's not a small campaign... pardner.

Ursa Major said:
TxGriz said:
Just purchased $10,000 worth of Grizzly silver coins willed to UM Athletics.

:clap: Nice work Tex! Good for you!

Unrelated, where do you live in Texas?

giphy.gif

I looks like hes in Amarillo. But maybe he is just in Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone

Everything I've got on it just what I've got on. But I did mange to scrape together a collection of over $10,k
in Grizzly silver coins which are donated to UM and UM Athletics.

I stop giving money to the school when students tried to divest everything related to energy, so since thats the industry i work in, i stopped writing checks. I'll send checks to the athletics department and the business school.

The_Real_Chief said:
I stop giving money to the school when students tried to divest everything related to energy, so since thats the industry i work in, i stopped writing checks. I'll send checks to the athletics department and the business school.

Good for you, Chief!! That sends a strong message to those punks and their anti-carbon fuel agenda. Most of them probably believe in science and man-made climate change. :roll:

P.S. I'm in the pharmaceutical business and I say bring back the pulp mills to the Missoula Valley. It will be great for the local economy and our asthma medicine sales have dipped tremendously there since the 80's.

Ursa Major said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Good for you, Chief!! That sends a strong message to those punks and their anti-carbon fuel agenda. Most of them probably believe in science and man-made climate change. :roll:

P.S. I'm in the pharmaceutical business and I say bring back the pulp mills to the Missoula Valley. It will be great for the local economy and our asthma medicine sales have dipped tremendously there since the 80's.

Why would he donate money to people dedicated to stopping the industry that provides for him?

Why does that make him not believe in climate change or science?

Lot of science is involved in the energy extraction industry last time I checked in on it. Granted that was all the way back to yesterday.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Why would he donate money to people dedicated to stopping the industry that provides for him?

Lot of science is involved in the energy extraction industry last time I checked in on it. Granted that was all the way back to yesterday.

^ Bingo...On that note I do believe in climate change, i'm an avid outdoorsman. I am also a Native American so nice try on the generalizations Ursa. The energy industry is how I provide for my family, and many folks in our state are in the same boat.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
The_Real_Chief said:

I have no idea what he thinks.

Perhaps for the greater good?
Perhaps he has children/grandchildren that he cares about?
Perhaps he has some shred of decency and lives an ethical existence?
Perhaps he's a Star Trek fan and believes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

If he did believe in climate change or science then one would expect his actions to promote more renewable energy options not withhold funding from an organization that supports it.

Without a doubt we need fossil fuels right now to meet our energy needs but as a society we should have an honest adult conversation about it and plan for the future accordingly. A conversation without the hyperbole that is espoused by the fossil fuel industry (the climate deniers).

I wasn't raised or educated to sell out my values for a paycheck and I have never blindly supported any organization I have ever worked for. I feel sorry for any of you that do.

The_Real_Chief said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
The_Real_Chief said:

^ Bingo...On that note I do believe in climate change, i'm an avid outdoorsman. I am also a Native American so nice try on the generalizations Ursa. The energy industry is how I provide for my family, and many folks in our state are in the same boat.

So in principle, you agree with the students but choose to show your agreement with them by withholding support. Awesome.

Ursa Major said:
The_Real_Chief said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:

So in principle, you agree with the students but choose to show your agreement with them by withholding support. Awesome.

Exactly! Oh my gosh if only everyone could be as smart as you :roll:

The_Real_Chief said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Hang onto that boat, I think you're going to need it. You might need a larger one if you've got a lot of kids!

Back