• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Think We're Going to Have a Team

HelenaHandBasket said:
Jeff Choate during his Triangle Classic address: “We’ve beat the Griz two years in a row but now the prodigal’s son has returned. But one thing I know: the sequel is hardly ever as good as the original.”

True, but on rare occasions it's better. Prodding Bobby. That's always a good strategy, especially from the leader of a team Hauck holds so dear to his heart. *Gag*

"WTF just happened here?" ~J Chote Approx 4:15 PM 11/17/18

griz5700 said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
Expect to compete for championships. Better?

Nothing wrong with high expectations, high standards, or wanting and expecting to be the best, you know?

No wonder enrollment is tanking, who would want to be associated with the current timid and weak mindset of this University and its alumni.

No, no there's not. But we "compete" for championships every year...and with the exception of two years we failed in that quest. I, too, have high standards and want and expect the best, but I just want people to slow their roll a little on BH's ability to magically lift us up on wings and take us places few have and places he's already demonstrated he couldn't.

I would just like someone to explain to me what's so different (in his favor) THIS time around that we can now EXPECT championships; and again, if we expect them and don't get them, does he get the boot? Or is he given favored status because he now wants to win and is from Montana?

First of all, I never said I expect a "National Championship", you took it that way. Although I guess, that is essentially my expectations for this program. So what, I don't expect the Griz to win it every year, obviously, but I expect them to be in the hunt every year. UM is a premier FCS program, that isn't unreasonable.. That is a big reason recruits want to play for Montana. So why hide from it?

Why should people temper their expectations for Hauck? Do you think he or the player can't handle the pressure? Should they not believe they can win a National Championship? If fans and alumni expect that and the Griz don't win it all, do you think people will stop supporting the Griz?

I don't get why you take issue with it? Other people expecting you to achieve greatness is a good thing.

And no Hauck won't get fired if he doesn't win a NC, but he also isn't guaranteed the job for life.

AZ, have you been to any practices this spring? Maaan, from what I've seen, I think this team could make run at the NC this year.

Fans and alumni (myself included) DO expect it, and we HAVEN’T won it all—in 17 years, and people HAVE stopped supporting the Griz. Are you not aware of the attendance issues this past year?

If Hauck doesn’t get fired for not winning the NC then we truly do not have an expectation of championships.

AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
Expect to compete for championships. Better?

Nothing wrong with high expectations, high standards, or wanting and expecting to be the best, you know?

No wonder enrollment is tanking, who would want to be associated with the current timid and weak mindset of this University and its alumni.

No, no there's not. But we "compete" for championships every year...and with the exception of two years we failed in that quest. I, too, have high standards and want and expect the best, but I just want people to slow their roll a little on BH's ability to magically lift us up on wings and take us places few have and places he's already demonstrated he couldn't.

I would just like someone to explain to me what's so different (in his favor) THIS time around that we can now EXPECT championships; and again, if we expect them and don't get them, does he get the boot? Or is he given favored status because he now wants to win and is from Montana?

First of all, I never said I expect a "National Championship", you took it that way. Although I guess, that is essentially my expectations for this program. So what, I don't expect the Griz to win it every year, obviously, but I expect them to be in the hunt every year. UM is a premier FCS program, that isn't unreasonable.. That is a big reason recruits want to play for Montana. So why hide from it?

Why should people temper their expectations for Hauck? Do you think he or the player can't handle the pressure? Should they not believe they can win a National Championship? If fans and alumni expect that and the Griz don't win it all, do you think people will stop supporting the Griz?

I don't get why you take issue with it? Other people expecting you to achieve greatness is a good thing.

And no Hauck won't get fired if he doesn't win a NC, but he also isn't guaranteed the job for life.

AZ, have you been to any practices this spring? Maaan, from what I've seen, I think this team could make run at the NC this year.

Fans and alumni (myself included) DO expect it, and we HAVEN’T won it all—in 17 years, and people HAVE stopped supporting the Griz. Are you not aware of the attendance issues this past year?

If Hauck doesn’t get fired for not winning the NC then we truly do not have an expectation of championships.

You were a big Stitt supporter. To the bitter end. Can you show some of your posts demanding or expecting Stitt to win the national championship? I don't recall you saying that. Did you?

I actually don't think you "expect" any coach to win a national championship. You are just bummed or bitter because you were so wrong about Sittt.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
AZGrizFan said:

You were a big Stitt supporter. To the bitter end. Can you show some of your posts demanding or expecting Stitt to win the national championship? I don't recall you saying that. Did you?

I actually don't think you "expect" any coach to win a national championship. You are just bummed or bitter because you were so wrong about Sittt.

I agreed with 5700’s change to “expect to compete for” national championships...which is where I believe we were from ‘95-2009.

I was a big Stitt supporter, yes. But he had to rebuild (I know you disagree with that, so no need to re-plow that ground). However, I fully expected that he would ultimately deliver multiple BSC championships and bring UM back to prominence given enough time—I never said I expected him to win an NC. But I also said he had to go after losing to the scats two years in a row—there are certain things that just can’t happen.

But all that has NOTHING to do with the BS people are spewing about Hauck (I’M not the one saying he’s going to win NC’s). Hauck is NOT inheriting what he inherited in 2001. This is not the BSC of 2001 and this is not Joe Glenn’s Griz team...Nor was what Stitt inherited, nor was was Delaney inherited. So to make statements that just because Hauck is back, just because he now “wants to win” (like he somehow didn’t the first time around), and just because he’s a “Montana boy from Sweetgrass High School” that somehow he’s gonna magically deliver the goods this time in a MUCH more competitive environment is either delusional thinking or setting him up for failure.

And if Hauck goes 7-4 for three years and loses to the ‘scats 2 of those three do we put a bullet in HIM too? Or does he get a longer rope “because he’s a Montana boy”?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

I was a big Stitt supporter. But he had to rebuild (I know you disagree with that, so no need to re-plow that ground). However, I fully expected that he would ultimately deliver multiple BSC championships and bring UM back to prominence given enough time—I never said I expected him to win an NC. But I also said he had to go after losing to the scats two years in a row—there are certain things that just can’t happen.

But all that has NOTHING to do with the BS people are spewing about Hauck (I’M not the one saying he’s going to win NC’s). Hauck is NOT inheriting what he inherited in 2001. This is not the BSC of 2001 and this is not Joe Glenn’s Griz team...Nor was what Stitt inherited, nor was was Delaney inherited. So to make statements that just because Hauck is back, just because he now “wants to win” (like he somehow didn’t the first time around), and just because he’s a “Montana boy from Sweetgrass High School” that somehow he’s gonna magically deliver the goods this time in a MUCH more competitive environment is either delusional thinking or setting him up for failure.

And if Hauck goes 7-4 for three years and loses to the ‘scats 2 of those three do we put a bullet in HIM too? Or does he get a longer rope “because he’s a Montana boy”?

I like you AZ, but you are too removed from the program and Missoula and don't understand.

Stitt took the program which was nos. 8 and 12 in the nation post season, to not even in the top 30. Stitt did not have to rebuild. Please stop with the total nonsense.

If you didn't expect Stitt to win a national championship, and I know you didn't, why are you spewing your national championship BS towards Hauck. Again, please stop with the nonsense. Stop acting like a bad loser.

Sorry, but Hauck didn't inherit a great team after Glenn departed. He just didn't. Look at how the team folded that prior year. Ask around. Like I said, you are too far removed from the program and Missoula to know.

Hauck is not going to go 7-4 for 3 years, and lose to the Cats twice. No one, who is close to the program and follows the program closely, thinks that. Not anyone. Again, you are too far away and don't understand.

So, I’m too far away and don’t understand? Is that it?

Don’t be so obtuse. come right out and say what you mean, ffs.

AZGrizFan said:
So, I’m too far away and don’t understand? Is that it?

Don’t be so obtuse. come right out and say what you mean, ffs.
He said you are “too far away and don’t understand.” What part of that didnt you understand? I think he meant you live in Texas which is along ways away and you just don’t comprehend things very well. I’m sorry if you got your feelings hurt.

Well, I think what he meant was: you're too far away and don't understand. I can relate, I'm right in Missoula and am still too far away and don't understand. I hope that helps.

rail43boy said:
Well, I think what he meant was: you're too far away and don't understand. I can relate, I'm right in Missoula and am still too far away and don't understand. I hope that helps.
What is it you two fellers don’t understand?

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
I agree his past run was incredible. That should be enough and I believe it is enough to the silent majority of griz nation. We realize what a great hire he was and what he brings back to his home state. I’m a Hauck supporter and have never weighed in on the Stitt situation, but there is still a low grade vibe of resentment for Hauck here on egriz by some of the fellas who mock us Hauck supporters. Dudes Stitt is gone, he sounded like a really decent guy and I think he got f***ed. Hauck had nothing to do with that directly, but his past success set a high bar for his predecessors.

To say BH had nothing to do with that is a flat out lie. He came to town, telegraphed his intentions such that EVERY SINGLE PERSON knew what he was implying, and then "surprise!" lands the job when Stitt is summarily shown the door at the end of the season (and I'm NOT saying Stitt didn't need to go--he absolutely did).

And we only mock Haucksuckers who say shit like "EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS!" like there's 4-5 mythical national title flags flying over Wa/Griz right now because of BH...he went ZERO for THREE, and (lest we forget) was roundly criticized on this very board multiple times for his demonstrated inability to win the big one. So to magically expect multiple flags THIS time around when the top echelon of the BSC (and for that matter, the top echelon of FCS) is waaaaaay better than when he was here the first time? Well, that's just a fools errand and already setting him up for failure. We are LIGHT YEARS behind NDSU, JMU, SHSU, and honestly Kennesaw St. and Jacksonville St., just to name a few. Hell, we're behind EWU, NAU, WSU in our own conference

Loooong ways to go, fellas.
So I'm a liar? Dude you really post like a mean girl. Stitt lost to the cats and didn't make the playoff 2 years straight. Maybe in your mind Bobby had something to do that, right. Lol. Why don't you take a time out and go to the mean girls thread with you bros and vent and spew at us haucksuckers (did you make that one up yourself?) there and commiserate about how butt hurt you all still are because because your boyfriend got fired. That way we don't have to read about it. Thanks

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
I agree his past run was incredible. That should be enough and I believe it is enough to the silent majority of griz nation. We realize what a great hire he was and what he brings back to his home state. I’m a Hauck supporter and have never weighed in on the Stitt situation, but there is still a low grade vibe of resentment for Hauck here on egriz by some of the fellas who mock us Hauck supporters. Dudes Stitt is gone, he sounded like a really decent guy and I think he got f***ed. Hauck had nothing to do with that directly, but his past success set a high bar for his predecessors.

To say BH had nothing to do with that is a flat out lie. He came to town, telegraphed his intentions such that EVERY SINGLE PERSON knew what he was implying, and then "surprise!" lands the job when Stitt is summarily shown the door at the end of the season (and I'm NOT saying Stitt didn't need to go--he absolutely did).

And we only mock Haucksuckers who say shit like "EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS!" like there's 4-5 mythical national title flags flying over Wa/Griz right now because of BH...he went ZERO for THREE, and (lest we forget) was roundly criticized on this very board multiple times for his demonstrated inability to win the big one. So to magically expect multiple flags THIS time around when the top echelon of the BSC (and for that matter, the top echelon of FCS) is waaaaaay better than when he was here the first time? Well, that's just a fools errand and already setting him up for failure. We are LIGHT YEARS behind NDSU, JMU, SHSU, and honestly Kennesaw St. and Jacksonville St., just to name a few. Hell, we're behind EWU, NAU, WSU in our own conference

Loooong ways to go, fellas.
So I'm a liar? Dude you really post like a mean girl. Stitt lost to the cats and didn't make the playoff 2 years straight. Maybe in your mind Bobby had something to do that, right. Lol. Why don't you take a time out and go to the mean girls thread with you bros and vent and spew at us haucksuckers (did you make that one up yourself?) there and commiserate about how butt hurt you all still are because because your boyfriend got fired. That way we don't have to read about it. Thanks

Yes, you’re a liar. :thumb:

And for extra credit, you’re also a dick. :thumb:

And I did make up Haucksuckers, thanks for noticing. I’ve also patented it.

I love it when someone posts “dude you post like a mean girl” and then proceeds to post like a mean girl. :lol: The vitriol spewed around here when you deign to say ANYTHING negative about King Bobby or disagree with the Haucksuckers is really frightening. It’s like Bobby’s Army coming out of the woodwork to defend his honor. And coming from a newbie like you is even more weird. Is that you, Tim? ANd why do you keep bringing up Stitt? Do you NOT see the irony in ranting and raving about Stitt being MY boyrfriend, and in the same post defending Hauck to the point of name calling and acting like a 12 year old?

As I’ve stated before, this isn’t 2001 and this ain’t Joe Glenn’s BSC. IF Hauck is successful, great. And I like the direction he’s got the team headed. But you’ll pardon me if I’m not ready to anoint him as Jesus Christ our Football Savior just yet.

Um, you still never explained how Bobby had something to do with the Stitt losing to the cats two years in a row and then losing his job. If Stitt had won those games Bobby would be the HC at some BSC mid major right now. Some it's the spring game today can't we all just get along? Go Griz

“Haucksucker” proudly coined by that unrepented Stitt supporter AZgrizfan. My understanding is that it means those of us who think Bobby is the new head coach and not Bob Stitt, and we are like an army defending his honor. Kind of like Christian soldiers except it is not about religion it’s about the return to dominance. I rise and stand with the rest of griz nation and proudly state that I too am a Haucksucker

I wouldn’t agree that the highest level FCS teams are significantly better this time around. I think the teams are just different. Back then it was GA southern, AP State, UMass, Delaware. Just different big dogs. There is more consistency within the better teams of the BSC, whereas before on occasion someone would challenge. I enjoyed the spring game. I thought there were ups and downs, but overall happy with the product, especially offensively. Time to get 3 drop downs, CB, OL, and CB/S or OL

PlayerRep said:
Sorry, but Hauck didn't inherit a great team after Glenn departed. He just didn't. Look at how the team folded that prior year. Ask around. Like I said, you are too far removed from the program and Missoula to know.
I've made this point several times, but AZ's bias never lets him concede. The '02 Glenn team lost 3 of it's last 4 games, including the miserable performance to break the MSU streak. Both QBs graduated; as '03 started, BH had Jeff Disney as a QB for Christ's sake. I was at the first game in Maine; it did not resemble a Cadillac. By season's end they were playing Griz football, played tough in the playoffs and made it to the NC the next year.

AZDoc said:
I wouldn’t agree that the highest level FCS teams are significantly better this time around. I think the teams are just different. Back then it was GA southern, AP State, UMass, Delaware. Just different big dogs. There is more consistency within the better teams of the BSC, whereas before on occasion someone would challenge. I enjoyed the spring game. I thought there were ups and downs, but overall happy with the product, especially offensively. Time to get 3 drop downs, CB, OL, and CB/S or OL
Finally, let's look forward. At least BH has a far better QB situation at this start than he had in '03.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
Finally, let's look forward. At least BH has a far better QB situation at this start than he had in '03.

Thanks for the sanity in this thread.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:

I think overall Sneed played better, but he started well and Gresch finished well. Sneed has a couple touch sacks, too that were big gainers with full contact. Line looked solid and loved the running game overall. I’m still sticking with 7-4, but right now it looks like a good product if people stay healthy. This is minus some starters as well. Thoughts?

I think Sneed is the better overall qb. But Jensen has a nice deep ball. I think this team at the very least gets 9 wins this season. I wouldn't be surprised if we went undefeated in conference play at all.

Latest posts

Back