• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Think We're Going to Have a Team

griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Maybe he’s only expecting Big Sky championships.

Coming from two guys who would be happy if Bob Stitt were still running the program into the ground...

Not this guy. I always hoped Stitt could do it but after year three it was obvious it wasn’t gonna happen. Super stoked Haucks back and I think he’s the best guy for the job. I’m sure I don’t need to remind you though that he still has yet to win his 1st natty.

People who say this have no appreciation for how incredible Hauck's last run at Montana was.

People who say that can appreciate his previous success...people that respond to him like you did have no other response to his inability to win the big one.

alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOVE waving those imaginary championship flags from his last stint here at my tailgate....

Coming from two guys who would be happy if Bob Stitt were still running the program into the ground...

Not this guy. I always hoped Stitt could do it but after year three it was obvious it wasn’t gonna happen. Super stoked Haucks back and I think he’s the best guy for the job. I’m sure I don’t need to remind you though that he still has yet to win his 1st natty.

How many head coaches still coaching at the FCS level can say they won a natty at the FCS level? Let's name them.

AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
BOBBY HAUCK IS BACK, PPL.

EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I LOVE waving those imaginary championship flags from his last stint here at my tailgate....

I wave a lot of the flag poles with broken hearts on them from past years...I believe this go around, I will get the championship flag (s) that eluded him before.

I agree his past run was incredible. That should be enough and I believe it is enough to the silent majority of griz nation. We realize what a great hire he was and what he brings back to his home state. I’m a Hauck supporter and have never weighed in on the Stitt situation, but there is still a low grade vibe of resentment for Hauck here on egriz by some of the fellas who mock us Hauck supporters. Dudes Stitt is gone, he sounded like a really decent guy and I think he got f***ed. Hauck had nothing to do with that directly, but his past success set a high bar for his predecessors. So what the wtf why continue to dwell in the past? Because you have nothing relevant to add or discuss so your hurt feelings over ride your social filters (learned that one from AG) and you get sassy and behave like miserable mean girls. (Sorry GG, I know that sexists as hell, but it’s a powerful metaphor for the anti-Hauck crowd who throw out veiled barbs and then when someone calls them on it they hang up or praise Hauck too much. Lol.)

How about you guys just open the closet door come out behind your key boards and start a thread just for the mean girls and and you fellas can post and spew and mock and condense and haze and just generally be dickheads to your hearts content and trash Hauck and any innocent bystander who happens to post a pro Hauck comment. For the rest of griz nation they can post here about griz football and enjoy the discussion without having to read the snark. For that they can go to your new thread if they want to check out your latest bombs. So really just stop with the snark toward anyone who is pulling for Hauck like I am. RTD

P.S (I spelled checked and I believe I stayed on point and I broke it into paragraphs, admittedly some run on sentences though. Please feel free to pm if you find any typos, spelling errors, grammatical errors or anything else relevant to my composition. Thanks fellas really looking forward to your responses and can’t wait to check out your new mean girl anti-Hauck thread.)

Dutch Lane said:
I agree his past run was incredible. That should be enough and I believe it is enough to the silent majority of griz nation. We realize what a great hire he was and what he brings back to his home state. I’m a Hauck supporter and have never weighed in on the Stitt situation, but there is still a low grade vibe of resentment for Hauck here on egriz by some of the fellas who mock us Hauck supporters. Dudes Stitt is gone, he sounded like a really decent guy and I think he got f***ed. Hauck had nothing to do with that directly, but his past success set a high bar for his predecessors. So what the wtf why continue to dwell in the past? Because you have nothing relevant to add or discuss so your hurt feelings over ride your social filters (learned that one from AG) and you get sassy and behave like miserable mean girls. (Sorry GG, I know that sexists as hell, but it’s a powerful metaphor for the anti-Hauck crowd who throw out veiled barbs and then when someone calls them on it they hang up or praise Hauck too much. Lol.)

How about you guys just open the closet door come out behind your key boards and start a thread just for the mean girls and and you fellas can post and spew and mock and condense and haze and just generally be dickheads to your hearts content and trash Hauck and any innocent bystander who happens to post a pro Hauck comment. For the rest of griz nation they can post here about griz football and enjoy the discussion without having to read the snark. For that they can go to your new thread if they want to check out your latest bombs. So really just stop with the snark toward anyone who is pulling for Hauck like I am. RTD

P.S (I spelled checked and I believe I stayed on point and I broke it into paragraphs, admittedly some run on sentences though. Please feel free to pm if you find any typos, spelling errors, grammatical errors or anything else relevant to my composition. Thanks fellas really looking forward to your responses and can’t wait to check out your new mean girl anti-Hauck thread.)

I will say I was a Stitt guy in the sense that I support whomever is the coach of the Griz. I also think he got a raw deal, so that's why at times I am snarky. That being said, there is no way BH can live up to what everyone expects unless he wins the big game, as that's what eluded him the first time around. I want him to win every game...and win by 30. I don't like stressful games and prefer Cadillacs to run without needing a tuneup. I also think that if the Griz wanted him back, now was the time, as there were some other developing "opportunities" for him. I think Stitt was the product of bad timing as well. Either way, can't wait for the season, although admittedly this spring hasn't produced anything for me because of lack of information. I'd love to see the Spring Game, but have to coach my daughter's soccer team Saturday. P.S. I did not use paragraphs, spell check, or give a rat's behind about grammar. Please feel free to PM Dutch if there are any issues with my post. GO GRIZ!

griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

People who say this have no appreciation for how incredible Hauck's last run at Montana was.

A very untrue blanket statement.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

How many head coaches still coaching at the FCS level can say they won a natty at the FCS level? Let's name them.

Not many but I’m not the one who said expect championships from someone who’s never won one. To be honest, I expect a national championship every year, no matter who’s coaching. I would hope everyone does. That’s why we replaced Stitt with someone we know can atleast get us to the game and give us a chance to win one.

Dutch Lane said:

Pretty sure no one’s trashed Hauck. Maybe questioned some of his assistant coach choices but I think that’s about it. If you were referring to me, I’m all for the Hauck hire and think he’s the best choice. Stating a fact that he’s never won a natty is not bad mouthing the coach. Just a fact. He also did get us to the natty more then any other coach and I believe he’s the winningest coach in the history of the Sky.

griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
BOBBY HAUCK IS BACK, PPL.

EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Not true, but your comment is fucking comical. Hows about we let him win ONE before we anoint him Jesus H. Fucking Christ.

PlayerRep said:
I liked everything I saw at practice today. Players, coaches, hustle, attitude, tackles, catches, throws, runs, drills, and fans. The team looks very fit.

Some great catches, including by Bingham, JLM and Akem. A few drops. Some nice coverage by Nash.

A great goal line running and tackling drill. Runner and 2 defenders on back (at goal line), until whistle. Nice tackling.

Practice is fast-paced and busy. All hustle, including on and off field, and all players running downfield to cover or chase longer plays. Players off the field waiting their turns, often doing separate drills. Injured players doing various conditioning and other drills. While I assume the Griz will be harder and faster, especially the D, practices are definitely faster and hard. Fairly physical today, without full tackling in 11 on 11.

Great attitude by players.

Sachs is a talker. The corner coach provides considerable feedback and instruction, without raising voice.

Mick Delaney and MIck Dennehy in attendance. A good number of observers. Lots of athletic dept people.

I'm excited. Look forward to the scrimmage.
That a boy, PR, Nice post. It just backs up how I feel about the team (after having seen the half hour spring scrimmage preview video thread), excited as well.

Dutch Lane said:
I agree his past run was incredible. That should be enough and I believe it is enough to the silent majority of griz nation. We realize what a great hire he was and what he brings back to his home state. I’m a Hauck supporter and have never weighed in on the Stitt situation, but there is still a low grade vibe of resentment for Hauck here on egriz by some of the fellas who mock us Hauck supporters. Dudes Stitt is gone, he sounded like a really decent guy and I think he got f***ed. Hauck had nothing to do with that directly, but his past success set a high bar for his predecessors.

To say BH had nothing to do with that is a flat out lie. He came to town, telegraphed his intentions such that EVERY SINGLE PERSON knew what he was implying, and then "surprise!" lands the job when Stitt is summarily shown the door at the end of the season (and I'm NOT saying Stitt didn't need to go--he absolutely did).

And we only mock Haucksuckers who say shit like "EXPECT CHAMPIONSHIPS!" like there's 4-5 mythical national title flags flying over Wa/Griz right now because of BH...he went ZERO for THREE, and (lest we forget) was roundly criticized on this very board multiple times for his demonstrated inability to win the big one. So to magically expect multiple flags THIS time around when the top echelon of the BSC (and for that matter, the top echelon of FCS) is waaaaaay better than when he was here the first time? Well, that's just a fools errand and already setting him up for failure. We are LIGHT YEARS behind NDSU, JMU, SHSU, and honestly Kennesaw St. and Jacksonville St., just to name a few. Hell, we're behind EWU, NAU, WSU in our own conference!

Loooong ways to go, fellas.

alabamagrizzly said:
Dutch Lane said:

Pretty sure no one’s trashed Hauck. Maybe questioned some of his assistant coach choices but I think that’s about it. If you were referring to me, I’m all for the Hauck hire and think he’s the best choice. Stating a fact that he’s never won a natty is not bad mouthing the coach. Just a fact. He also did get us to the natty more then any other coach and I believe he’s the winningest coach in the history of the Sky.
Yes we have heard it ad noseum we all lived through the highs and the 3 loses in the chipper. Give it a rest if that’s all you got. He’s back he wants to win we know his track record and he’s from freaking Sweetgrass County High. How much more Montana can you get. I like the way he has handled himself so far. He’s mature and feels less defensive in interviews. Your comment about the coaches, I believe most of the new guys took paycuts from previous jobs to work with Bobby. It’s difficult to get assistants from D1 schools to a D2 because of the lack of exposure and a pay curt. I like the staff he was really lucky to assemble in a short time period. What is more important the experience these guys all bring in? They all came back for some reason or another related to Missoula or Bobby. Sometimes I think we fool ourselves into believing that assistants are clamoring to come and coach the griz.

AZDoc said:
Dutch Lane said:

I will say I was a Stitt guy in the sense that I support whomever is the coach of the Griz. I also think he got a raw deal, so that's why at times I am snarky. That being said, there is no way BH can live up to what everyone expects unless he wins the big game, as that's what eluded him the first time around. I want him to win every game...and win by 30. I don't like stressful games and prefer Cadillacs to run without needing a tuneup. I also think that if the Griz wanted him back, now was the time, as there were some other developing "opportunities" for him. I think Stitt was the product of bad timing as well. Either way, can't wait for the season, although admittedly this spring hasn't produced anything for me because of lack of information. I'd love to see the Spring Game, but have to coach my daughter's soccer team Saturday. P.S. I did not use paragraphs, spell check, or give a rat's behind about grammar. Please feel free to PM Dutch if there are any issues with my post. GO GRIZ!

You can stream the Griz scrimmage live or stream the replay if you download the free WATCHSWX app on your smart phone.

Diesel said:
Thanks PR, the entire coacing staff seems to be holding players accountable. A little old school fire brewing on the field. Mixed with precise uptempo practice. Will be good to hear your thoughts on some of the players. 33 catches the eyes in team drills, might be a big year for Olsen.

I am with ya on Olsen being set for a good year. I've had my eyes on 33 since his signing, where I saw Olson was the state of Oregon Defensive MVP two years in a row (3-time All State selection). He's done nothing but impress since, being a Player of the Year all three years as a Griz: once a scout team, twice special teams.

Dutch Lane said:
Yes we have heard it ad noseum we all lived through the highs and the 3 loses in the chipper. Give it a rest if that’s all you got. He’s back he wants to win we know his track record and he’s from freaking Sweetgrass County High. How much more Montana can you get. I like the way he has handled himself so far. He’s mature and feels less defensive in interviews. Your comment about the coaches, I believe most of the new guys took paycuts from previous jobs to work with Bobby. It’s difficult to get assistants from D1 schools to a D2 because of the lack of exposure and a pay curt. I like the staff he was really lucky to assemble in a short time period. What is more important the experience these guys all bring in? They all came back for some reason or another related to Missoula or Bobby. Sometimes I think we fool ourselves into believing that assistants are clamoring to come and coach the griz.

Didn't he want to win before?
Wasn't he from Sweetgrass County High before?

Are these somehow different facts from his first go-round?

IntuitiveGriz said:
AZDoc said:
Dutch Lane said:

You can stream the Griz scrimmage live or stream the replay if you download the free WATCHSWX app on your smart phone.

Appreciate that! Thought, though, had to be in the vicinity or at least in MT. I'm in Idaho.

AZDoc said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
AZDoc said:
Dutch Lane said:

Appreciate that! Thought, though, had to be in the vicinity or at least in MT. I'm in Idaho.

Oh, I don't know, good point. :?:

Dutch Lane said:

think your record skipped right about here.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

mike Houston from james Madison who just last year signed a 10 year and chris klieman from ndsu to name 2, and andy talley who won at villanova just retired before last year I think he was there like 30 years. so there is that.

Back