• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Think We're Going to Have a Team

Expect to compete for championships. Better?

Nothing wrong with high expectations, high standards, or wanting and expecting to be the best, you know?

No wonder enrollment is tanking, who would want to be associated with the current timid and weak mindset of this University and its alumni.

griz5700 said:

Nothing wrong with high expectations, high standards, or wanting and expecting to be the best, you know?

No wonder enrollment is tanking, who would want to be associated with the current timid and weak mindset of this University and its alumni.

Agree 100%. Can’t agree with the rest because I don’t know if that’s true or not. I believe we’re righting the ship. It’s just a really big ship and was going completely in the wrong direction so it’s gonna take a bit to get it turned around.

alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:

Agree 100%. Can’t agree with the rest because I don’t know if that’s true or not. I believe we’re righting the ship. It’s just a really big ship and was going completely in the wrong direction so it’s gonna take a bit to get it turned around.

It's unfortunate. Griz fans getting defensive about expecting a championship program is the same sort of loser attitude you hear coming from Main Hall. People need to wake up, get creative, provide support, and demand excellence from UM.

PlayerRep said:
My view is that anyone who actually "expects" championships (national) truly never played the game. And has no appreciation of how hard it is to become a national championship.

I agree with those two sentences.

Hell, a state championship is hard enough, I can't even imagine a frickin' national championship. (In HS, we lost two state championships and a state semi-final)

Thread started well enough...then we had a guy (ostensibly a Griz fan) who interchanges coach's name with the word "cock" on a regular basis; i_troll_the_bigsky self-quoting; the grammar police ribbing a noob who demonstrably can't take a fuc#in' joke; and finally the requisite "you never played the game." lmao the discourse on here anymore...

So can we "expect" a Big Sky Championship? Is that ok with everyone, or is that too much? I mean, he did have a few of those (every year if memory serves). Good grief, some grown ass men getting upset pretty easily about pretty trivial stuff. Only in America.

Carry on

i_troll_the_bigsky said:
i_troll_the_bigsky said:
you bet! THERE'S GOING TO BE A TEAM, ALRIGHT!Just remember these three letters RTD "Return to Dominance"! The Griz ARE BACK"! Most coaches in the BSC and the FCS are quite aware of this, TRUST ME! Only the fools doubt it but it doesn't matter. Dominance is Dominance!!! Lead follow or get out of the way, but you will get whipped~! Go Gri
z!

CFallsGriz said:
i_troll_the_bigsky said:
i_troll_the_bigsky said:
you bet! THERE'S GOING TO BE A TEAM, ALRIGHT!Just remember these three letters RTD "Return to Dominance"! The Griz ARE BACK"! Most coaches in the BSC and the FCS are quite aware of this, TRUST ME! Only the fools doubt it but it doesn't matter. Dominance is Dominance!!! Lead follow or get out of the way, but you will get whipped~! Go Gri
z!

griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:

It's unfortunate. Griz fans getting defensive about expecting a championship program is the same sort of loser attitude you hear coming from Main Hall. People need to wake up, get creative, provide support, and demand excellence from UM.

Quick off topic question. Do you purposely try to insult people or does it just come naturally? Is it by accident and that’s just the kind of person you are? I thought the one time we met, that you were alright. Maybe your still holding a grudge for my one out-a-line comment way back when. Just trying to get a gauge on who you really are cus I’m sure we’ll meet again someday since we are family.

griz5700 said:

No, no there's not. But we "compete" for championships every year...and with the exception of two years we failed in that quest. I, too, have high standards and want and expect the best, but I just want people to slow their roll a little on BH's ability to magically lift us up on wings and take us places few have and places he's already demonstrated he couldn't.

I would just like someone to explain to me what's so different (in his favor) THIS time around that we can now EXPECT championships; and again, if we expect them and don't get them, does he get the boot? Or is he given favored status because he now wants to win and is from Montana?

i the sky = growler
Sorry if that was posted already. There should be a contest to see who makes the ID the fastest.

AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

No, no there's not. But we "compete" for championships every year...and with the exception of two years we failed in that quest. I, too, have high standards and want and expect the best, but I just want people to slow their roll a little on BH's ability to magically lift us up on wings and take us places few have and places he's already demonstrated he couldn't.

I would just like someone to explain to me what's so different (in his favor) THIS time around that we can now EXPECT championships; and again, if we expect them and don't get them, does he get the boot? Or is he given favored status because he now wants to win and is from Montana?

First of all, I never said I expect a "National Championship", you took it that way. Although I guess, that is essentially my expectations for this program. So what, I don't expect the Griz to win it every year, obviously, but I expect them to be in the hunt every year. UM is a premier FCS program, that isn't unreasonable.. That is a big reason recruits want to play for Montana. So why hide from it?

Why should people temper their expectations for Hauck? Do you think he or the player can't handle the pressure? Should they not believe they can win a National Championship? If fans and alumni expect that and the Griz don't win it all, do you think people will stop supporting the Griz?

I don't get why you take issue with it? Other people expecting you to achieve greatness is a good thing.

And no Hauck won't get fired if he doesn't win a NC, but he also isn't guaranteed the job for life.

AZ, have you been to any practices this spring? Maaan, from what I've seen, I think this team could make run at the NC this year.

PlayerRep said:
My view is that anyone who actually "expects" championships (national) truly never played the game. And has no appreciation of how hard it is to become a national championship.

Like Coach Hauck?

AZGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

I expect the Griz to make the playoffs, make a few runs now and then. If Huack could have 3/4 the success he had before it will still be fun Footbal to watch. A natty is not make or break.

griz5700 said:
PlayerRep said:

Like Coach Hauck?

No, I was thinking of people like you. Ha.

griz5700 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:

Seth Bodnar hardly has a loser attitude, and he offices in Main Hall.

PlayerRep said:
griz5700 said:
PlayerRep said:

Like Coach Hauck?

No, I was thinking of people like you. Ha.

Hahaha. I’m at a whole nother level, PR. Plus, I play a lot of games ok. So...no way you’re talking about me. [emoji6]

I’m mainly pointing out the loser mentality this school, it’s alumni, and fans have at the moment. It’s pathetic and I assume you’ll defend it publicly here but acknowledge it privately. Maybe not though.

Anyway, Griz will be good this year. I hope Hauck’s approach rubs off on others on campus.

Big Sky Championship by year 3 followed by an extension for BH and staff. This is the minimum expectation.

National Semifinals at a minimum by year 4...or BH is on the hot seat. That is and should be the expectation of Griz Nation. My bet is BH agrees with this...

SoldierGriz said:
Big Sky Championship by year 3 followed by an extension for BH and staff. This is the minimum expectation.

National Semifinals at a minimum by year 4...or BH is on the hot seat. That is and should be the expectation of Griz Nation. My bet is BH agrees with this...
Roger that ... :thumb:

Jeff Choate during his Triangle Classic address: “We’ve beat the Griz two years in a row but now the prodigal’s son has returned. But one thing I know: the sequel is hardly ever as good as the original.”

Back