• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

That time of the season again: Who do you want as Head Coach if Stitt gets the boot after this season

G-BEARS said:
griznative24 said:
Man, I'm not much of a fan of stitt anymore (hope he turns it around, but that defense is awful), but this thread confirms that the AD doesn't have many great options if he decides to replace him after this year...

There are always great options.

Yeah, but are they realistic?

GrizRealist said:
G-BEARS said:
griznative24 said:
Man, I'm not much of a fan of stitt anymore (hope he turns it around, but that defense is awful), but this thread confirms that the AD doesn't have many great options if he decides to replace him after this year...

Sure, if you consider Bobby Hauck, Robin Pflugrad, Dave Dickenson, Brent Pease, Beau Baldwin, etc., to be "realistic". :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
GrizRealist said:
G-BEARS said:
griznative24 said:

Sure, if you consider Bobby Hauck, Robin Pflugrad, Dave Dickenson, Brent Pease, Beau Baldwin, etc., to be "realistic". :lol:

I don't consider Hauck or Pease "great".

AZGrizFan said:
GrizRealist said:
G-BEARS said:
griznative24 said:

Dickenson, Pease and Baldwin are not realistic in my opinion. Baldwin for example is making over 500k as an OC. No way he cuts his paycheck more than in half to drop back to the FCS level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we ought to bring back Gene Carlson. The Boosters picked a real winner there. Oh wait hes not available.

In the scenario we are looking for a new coach at the end of the season, we should start by paying them well. If UM is going to tout itself as a top tier FCS football program and wants a seasoned coach with a good track record at a D1 level they are going to need to cough up more than the 175k they are paying Stitt. He's like the 20th highest paid coach in the FCS.

ari gold said:
In the scenario we are looking for a new coach at the end of the season, we should start by paying them well. If UM is going to tout itself as a top tier FCS football program and wants a seasoned coach with a good track record at a D1 level they are going to need to cough up more than the 175k they are paying Stitt. He's like the 20th highest paid coach in the FCS.

175K is base pay. He can earn more than twice that pretty easily. not to mention appearances etc.

tnt said:
ari gold said:

175K is base pay. He can earn more than twice that pretty easily. not to mention appearances etc.

All I'm saying is schools like Villanova, Northern Iowa, James Madison and Richmond are all paying base salaries of over 300K. If we want a legit coach who is a proven winner, its going to cost some money. Thats the way it works at the FCS level and the FBS level. We shouldnt expect coaches to take a lower salary because "we are Montana"

While watching last chance u, I find myself wondering if maybe that's a place we could find a head coach/defensive coordinator....juco ranks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frenchtown coaches are 5-0, better than what we have. Out scoring opponents something like 225 - 60. Complete games.

I can't believe none of you have figured it out yet and it's already a done deal. After the game ended Saturday evening a group of rich, powerful boosters (PR was there) got together and decided Stitt is gone but they're giving him until the end of the season. They also made a decision of the new head football coach for the Montana grizzlies. Ty Gregorak.

poorgriz said:
I can't believe none of you have figured it out yet and it's already a done deal. After the game ended Saturday evening a group of rich, powerful boosters (PR was there) got together and decided Stitt is gone but they're giving him until the end of the season. They also made a decision of the new head football coach for the Montana grizzlies. Ty Gregorak.

True. And TG will bring Jeff Choate as his DC.

After the dust settles around this college "shoe deal scandal", which will most likely reach into football, there will be all sorts of coaches for you guys to fantasize about.

Back