• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

That time of the season again: Who do you want as Head Coach if Stitt gets the boot after this season

grizpsych said:
Robin Pflugrad. Of course that is not going to happen. But, I think he would be able to come in right now and have success with the players currently on the team.
+1 never gonna happen but would be a good fit. He deserves to be a head coach, and the engstrom regime destroyed his coaching career. That was very bad form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizaremoregooder said:
Jonathan Smith O coordinator at Washington.

Another guy that is not really an option.

:lol: that's why I threw out Bellicheck. As long as we're f***[*]' dreaming. :roll:
Hey, we can dream. Shit, bob beers came from a position with the Texans. And look at the staff that surrounded pflugrad when he was here! That was a solid group of coaches across the board

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizaremoregooder said:
Jonathan Smith O coordinator at Washington.

:lol: that's why I threw out Bellicheck. As long as we're f***[*]' dreaming. :roll:

Exactly why this type of thread is useless.
Well. Let's make it more realistic. So our best chance is either a head coach from lower division, position coach at higher division or coordinator at same division but lesser program with less opportunity for advancement? That should narrow the search

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Well. Let's make it more realistic. So our best chance is either a head coach from lower division, position coach at higher division or coordinator at same or higher division but lesser program with less opportunity for advancement? That should narrow the search

Using that criteria there have to be some solid options

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Well. Let's make it more realistic. So our best chance is either a head coach from lower division, position coach at higher division or coordinator at same or higher division but lesser program with less opportunity for advancement? That should narrow the search

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Well. Let's make it more realistic. So our best chance is either a head coach from lower division, position coach at higher division or coordinator at same division but lesser program with less opportunity for advancement? That should narrow the search

I would throw in FCS head coaches, albeit not from the top level.

Ian Shoemaker (HC @ CWU)
John Wristen (HC @ CSUP), 1 National Championship
Dave Emerick (Asst @ WSU), ties to both Pacific NW & Arizona
Zak Hill (OC @ BSU), former asst at EWU

Spanky said:
Bobby, if we can get him. He isn't an Offensive Genius, he just wins football games.

Except the ones that matter. Lots of participation trophies with that guy.

AZGrizFan said:
Spanky said:
Bobby, if we can get him. He isn't an Offensive Genius, he just wins football games.

I would be perfectly happy to win the conference, have 3 home playoff games, lose in the championship and be ranked no. 2 in the country every year,.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Spanky said:

I would be perfectly happy to win the conference, have 3 home playoff games, lose in the championship and be ranked no. 2 in the country every year,.

+1

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Spanky said:

well, people weren't too happy with BH's performance (as you just described) WHILE he was here...always bitching about his inability to win the big one. Grass isn't always greener.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:

Once again, he did wonders at UNLV.
I'm not sure you can use that as a fair comparison really. I don't believe anyone can win there. Just my $.02.

ordigger said:
Ian Shoemaker (HC @ CWU)
John Wristen (HC @ CSUP), 1 National Championship
Dave Emerick (Asst @ WSU), ties to both Pacific NW & Arizona
Zak Hill (OC @ BSU), former asst at EWU
I think written and zak hill are interesting choices. Though going the d2 rout again makes me nervous, wristen is a proven winner. I like that zak hill ties to our recruiting region is big plus

Back