• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Game 4/12

According to the stat sheet Huot went 6-6 for 77 yards. Fife 5-10 65 yards, sacked twice. Ah Yat 6-13 for 45 sacked once. Slitter 3-3 for 34 yards and 1 td. Doesn't even list Vidlaks... Which is weird. He had a considerable amount of game time.
You much have made 10 posts mentioning Fife incomplete passes. And he was 5-10?

They mixed lineups up and some groups on Offense were mixed with 2nd group guys or working against second groups on defense. Some played against better defensive groups. Don't read too much into a controlled scrimmage. QB's weren't allowed to run which had a big effect. A bunch of number one guys didn't play at all. Transfer guys that stood out to me were Patrick Hayden..really impressed !. Rocker looked really good, Andres Lehrmann looked strong, Everrett Johnson is huge! Xavier Harris looks like he is withn receiver group exclusively and they made an attempt to throw to him deep, Missed him close a couple times. Asher Croy did look good. But it will be tough for hime to get the ball with that group.

You can't read too much into anything, see every spring game for the last five years. But some things were nice. Huot is devoloping, and that is clear. I liked seeing that. Not at ALL saying he will see the field, but he is obviously growing. Fife made some really good passes on those throws to the sidelines that so many have been frustrated about on 3rd and 7 in the Griz offense. QB's overall seemed comfortable hitting sideling out route passes in comparison to past games I've watched. I don't know why that stood out, but it did. Croy is strong AF. I liked that, too. Rocker makes some nice moves. The defense looked FAST in getting to the ball, but who knows how that equates to live football. I just felt like they looked visibly fast in comparison to past years.

Those were the thoughts I walked out with.

Yes, thanks for updates GrizAddict but way too biased on QB play! Fife has a gun and is mobile. Ah Yat has a great touch! OT play was more suspect than QB play as they need longer to pass! OL weakest position group but have potential! The transfers are studs! SDSU linebacker and Fresno State safety will likely start along with Hayden!

That was from the stat sheet which obviously wasn't reliable. Vidlak played a lot and he had no stats besides rushing.. which can't be accurate. Whatever I posted was. Every time a play happened I just said what happened, unless I missed the play.

I understand football plenty I just posted what happened... 🤣 You're a tool old man. Delusional as it gets. Remember when you said 58% completion rate over a season was bad?

I'll go back and see how many times I said he threw an incomplete though, just for you.

I counted 1 total post where I said Fife threw an incomplete pass. Seen lots of ones I said Vidlak did. And wrote about how there was a lot of incomplete passes in general. But, you exaggerated that by 10x the amount. Good job. Mr. Too senile to know anything about football. This isn't 1932. The QB position has evolved, football has evolved. It's 2024. Huot threw the best ball and made the best decisions. Fife was inaccurate (no good QB throws less than 60%, remember?) and bobbled a few snaps and looked like a deer in headlights in a damn scrimmage. Ah Yat had decent decisions, accurate at times but, no consistency. Vidlak was absolutely horrible. Huot was great and Slitter looked good when he was in. Those are all facts buddy.

Also, don't you have some vandall football players to be defending? Because people that play sports should never be held accountable right? You're a clown.

I counted 1 total post where I said Fife threw an incomplete pass. Seen lots of ones I said Vidlak did. And wrote about how there was a lot of incomplete passes in general. But, you exaggerated that by 10x the amount. Good job. Mr. Too senile to know anything about football. This isn't 1932. The QB position has evolved, football has evolved. It's 2024. Huot threw the best ball and made the best decisions. Fife was inaccurate (no good QB throws less than 60%, remember?) and bobbled a few snaps and looked like a deer in headlights in a damn scrimmage. Ah Yat had decent decisions, accurate at times but, no consistency. Vidlak was absolutely horrible. Huot was great and Slitter looked good when he was in. Those are all facts buddy.
You don't have a clue. I wasn't the only one who said your posts were biased. And you obviously never played the game.

Also, don't you have some vandall football players to be defending? Because people that play sports should never be held accountable right? You're a clown.
I am all for holding people accountable. And that include you and your posts.

If the Idaho football guys were so criminal and bad, why hasn't anyone been charged? Wha haven't some of them been suspended, or kept out of spring ball? If there was a sucker punch and the kid who got hit like the 79 year old alum said in her email, and the player was known because he wasn't wearing a mask, why has the player not been charged with misdemeanor or feloly assault? What's causing the delay? It makes me wonder if there's more to the story, or the story so far isn't accurate. Maybe the charge or charges are coming? Again, I just don't understand the delay. You're the clown. Never played the game and don't understand it.

Man, things have been a LOT more positive around here lately. Some back talking, sure, but everybody has been doing a lot to not make it personal. If you don't like somebody, just put them on ignore. Egriz has actually been in a really okay place lately. Would be cool if we kind of kept that up, and stuff. Just sayin'.

where's 3-7-77 when you need him ?
Just enjoying the view, and inevitable written bloodbath which follows ANY Griz football activity. For every 50 posters there are 50 points of view. Like the Seven Blind Men describing an elephant.
Let me put the Football Guru title to bed. I never played the game. I just observe what I observe. I'm one of the 50, and ain't blind, yet. I try to have fun posting, if possible. My views are not chiselled in stone. Show me I'm wrong and I might change my mind.
There, with that said, continue your rational/reasoned discussion.🙈🙉🙊

I was at the scrim, Fife Def looked bad but I'll give him some grace since he hasn't been in the offense long, Vidlak looked pretty bad too, no grace given as he's been here long enough. Huot looked the best by far, Ah Yat has a high ceiling but it doesn't look to me like it has quite clicked for him.

My guess is that the game plan was pretty vanilla by design and that Ah Yat is the starter seeing as he didn't get many reps, neither did Gillman. It is clear that they are developing the run game to be dominant to take pressure off the QBS and help bring them along. I bet that early season games will be won by dominant run game and then by the end of the year we will have great QB play.

Spring game doesn't mean anything overall so I watch new players

Pat hayden looked great as a new d lineman, he was my mvp of game with his presence and energy

Rocker looked good and is good reading his blockers and way bigger than I thought

Tj rausch looked ready to play at this level

The secondary transfers Lawler and Gordon will both start, they covered amazing

Asher coy could be great in the red zone as a full back, big and strong

Klucewich looked solid as did nuce

As for guys I didn't know bj Phillips looked fun as a receiver in the slot and Elijah Brady as redshirt freshman at corner was very impressive

Punting I thought was awful and only Glasgow looked like a real kicker to me

The snaps were bad all game but that takes time

As for qb which too can never take anything from a spring game I thought ah yat made the best and quickest decision making,, was impressed with how our secondary closed on balls that I thought were for sure catches. Ah yat def gets it. Fife looked shook and would make to many reads and wait to long, vidlak kind of looked the same, and if you looked at personal hout who throws a nice ball wasn't playing much against the big boys but there is some thing there for sure.

O line looked fantastic and the new coach was all over them all game

Grossman is back and he is just a monster but def needs to get into game shape again you could seem him catching his breath

Overall impressed with the a lot of the transfers and what we have going on
Don't forget about the LBs. This Kaho kid along with Riley are going to fill in nicely 👌

Back