• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pearl Jam in Washington Griz official!

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
This guy thinks Pearl Jam is "great".

"Pearl Jam Might Not Be Cool, But That Doesn’t Mean They Aren’t Great"

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/despite-what-you-may-think-pearl-jam-is-still-great.html

Ament is a nice guy. Nice supporter of Griz hoops. His Flathead island house is my normal boat tour. I'm looking forward to the concert. Have loved the concerts in Griz stadium.

first met ament back in '81 - '82-ish, in miller hall. i think it was in bruce fairweather's (sp) room. their band was deranged diction. was big on dressing the part. also met a few times in seattle. was still big on dressing the part. then met him again in missoula in the late nineties. think it was his place on blue mountain. nice enough guy, but a pedantic player.

never understood why people like flathead lake so much - many, many more beautiful spots in montana. i guess if someone is a stalker who likes to search out where 'famous' people live, they'd gawk at their houses, but it isn't my thing.

speaking of houses, francis crick had a cool house with a spiral staircase in cambridge. really interesting guy. didn't ever go to his place in la jolla, but he was getting pretty old and didn't socialize much any more.

Flathead in the summer is my favorite place on Earth. It's more than the beauty. It's the water, boating and socializing--and the sheer magnitude of the lake. Started going there in the 50's. Aunt/uncle started the Ranch Supper Club in Polson on river after WWII.

A heck of a lot more people look at my house than at Ament's.

I think a stalker, or at least creepy, includes a person who follows certain posters on the board, nipping at their heals. Or, someone who followed Ament around in college, and thereafter. Ya, you are more of a creeper than a stalker.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/despite-what-you-may-think-pearl-jam-is-still-great.html

Ament is a nice guy. Nice supporter of Griz hoops. His Flathead island house is my normal boat tour. I'm looking forward to the concert. Have loved the concerts in Griz stadium.

first met ament back in '81 - '82-ish, in miller hall. i think it was in bruce fairweather's (sp) room. their band was deranged diction. was big on dressing the part. also met a few times in seattle. was still big on dressing the part. then met him again in missoula in the late nineties. think it was his place on blue mountain. nice enough guy, but a pedantic player.

never understood why people like flathead lake so much - many, many more beautiful spots in montana. i guess if someone is a stalker who likes to search out where 'famous' people live, they'd gawk at their houses, but it isn't my thing.

speaking of houses, francis crick had a cool house with a spiral staircase in cambridge. really interesting guy. didn't ever go to his place in la jolla, but he was getting pretty old and didn't socialize much any more.

Flathead in the summer is my favorite place on Earth. It's more than the beauty. It's the water, boating and socializing--and the sheer magnitude of the lake. Started going there in the 50's. Aunt/uncle started the Ranch Supper Club in Polson on river after WWII.

I think a stalker, or at least creepy, includes a person who follows certain posters on the board, nipping at their heals. Or, someone who followed Ament around in college, and thereafter. Ya, you are more of a creeper than a stalker.

ya, i'm just a creeper. you are the stalker.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

ya, i'm just a creeper. you are the stalker.

I never stalked anyone or anything in my life, and never will.

argh! said:
biga75 said:
argh! said:
George Ferguson said:
Remaining 1,200 sold out this morning in less than 15 minutes. All of the shows for this tour are now officially sold out. Who posted earlier that PJ isn't relevant anymore?

me! just because a bunch of old white people like stale music from the 80's and 90's doesn't make pearl jam relevant. just another boring commercial act doing the same thing over and over and over again in front a bunch of geezers who close their ears to anything new and whine about the next generation, just like the clueless in the generation before whined about them.

From the article that PR posted:
Onstage, Eddie Vedder opens himself up as a medium for the characters that speak through his lyrics, while his band — whose bassist Jeff Ament and rhythm guitarist Stone Gossard call on over 30 years of creative chemistry each night — hurtles back whatever restless mix of hits, deep cuts, and offbeat covers he and the audience can handle. No two nights are similar, except in the commitment to honoring the die-hard fan love that’s kept this enterprise afloat for over a quarter of a century.
:coffee:

eddie vedder uses a teleprompter or lyric sheet during concerts. sad. he always warbles his voice, even when it detracts significantly from the song. tired and old. i'm pretty sure changing a few songs out of 20 (or whatever) per show doesn't really make one concert a lot different from another.

enjoy your time with greenie and the gang, listening to a band that hasn't covered any new ground in nearly 30 years. and listening to a guy who can't even remember his own lyrics.

This might be the dumbest post I've ever seen, and that's saying something. I can't imagine what's in your music playlist but I'm guessing it's absolutely terrible. And Flathead Lake..... you must be from Eastern MT?

poorgriz said:
argh! said:
biga75 said:
argh! said:
me! just because a bunch of old white people like stale music from the 80's and 90's doesn't make pearl jam relevant. just another boring commercial act doing the same thing over and over and over again in front a bunch of geezers who close their ears to anything new and whine about the next generation, just like the clueless in the generation before whined about them.

Onstage, Eddie Vedder opens himself up as a medium for the characters that speak through his lyrics, while his band — whose bassist Jeff Ament and rhythm guitarist Stone Gossard call on over 30 years of creative chemistry each night — hurtles back whatever restless mix of hits, deep cuts, and offbeat covers he and the audience can handle. No two nights are similar, except in the commitment to honoring the die-hard fan love that’s kept this enterprise afloat for over a quarter of a century.

eddie vedder uses a teleprompter or lyric sheet during concerts. sad. he always warbles his voice, even when it detracts significantly from the song. tired and old. i'm pretty sure changing a few songs out of 20 (or whatever) per show doesn't really make one concert a lot different from another.

enjoy your time with greenie and the gang, listening to a band that hasn't covered any new ground in nearly 30 years. and listening to a guy who can't even remember his own lyrics.

This might be the dumbest post I've ever seen, and that's saying something. I can't imagine what's in your music playlist but I'm guessing it's absolutely terrible. And Flathead Lake..... you must be from Eastern MT?

What's wrong with Eastern Montana?

argh! said:
biga75 said:
argh! said:
George Ferguson said:
Remaining 1,200 sold out this morning in less than 15 minutes. All of the shows for this tour are now officially sold out. Who posted earlier that PJ isn't relevant anymore?

DLZQxzYUMAANiyK.jpg

PeauxRouge said:
poorgriz said:
argh! said:
biga75 said:

Absolutely nothing at all. I love Eastern MT. I live in Eastern MT. But the only time I've ever heard anyone put down Western MT, the Flathead Valley and Lake, it was from people from Eastern MT. Hence my comment to Argh.

poorgriz said:
PeauxRouge said:
poorgriz said:
argh! said:

Absolutely nothing at all. I love Eastern MT. I live in Eastern MT. But the only time I've ever heard anyone put down Western MT, the Flathead Valley and Lake, it was from people from Eastern MT. Hence my comment to Argh.

Man, it goes both ways. So many in Western MT disparage Eastern MT when, in truth, all of Montana is beautiful, just different varieties of beauty.

PeauxRouge said:
poorgriz said:
PeauxRouge said:
poorgriz said:

Man, it goes both ways. So many in Western MT disparage Eastern MT when, in truth, all of Montana is beautiful, just different varieties of beauty.

That's the truth there Peaux.

And I've lived in both. Met my wife and married in Red Lodge, had my first daughter there, and have lived in Zootown for 32 years now. Lucky to be a part of the best State in the USA.

Back