• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pearl Jam in Washington Griz official!

Some advice - get tickets in the north end zone. Pearl Jam will have a huge stage set up and you definitely won’t be sitting too far away. You’ll be front and center to the whole show.

I got 2 tickets in 132 & 2 in 229C. Probably will sell the 229C tickets.

This is THE Pearl Jam show to go to in 2018. Should be fun.

GrizTix was a total clusterfuck last Friday when the pre-sale started. Somebody screwed up with the "must by at least 4" thing instead of "max of 4". I was actually patient for once and was finally able to buy just one GA ticket (in addition to the two I got through the Ten Club drawing) after about 20 minutes of reloading the page. Glad I did, because it looks like GA tickets are sold out before the general public sale even starts this morning.

griz5700 said:
Some advice - get tickets in the north end zone. Pearl Jam will have a huge stage set up and you definitely won’t be sitting too far away. You’ll be front and center to the whole show.

I'll buy the extra 2 that you have in 229 C if you decide to sell them

Remaining 1,200 sold out this morning in less than 15 minutes. All of the shows for this tour are now officially sold out. Who posted earlier that PJ isn't relevant anymore?

George Ferguson said:
Remaining 1,200 sold out this morning in less than 15 minutes. All of the shows for this tour are now officially sold out. Who posted earlier that PJ isn't relevant anymore?

I've been listening to the bootleg cd of PJ's 1st Tester fundraiser show at WaGriz for the last 3 days. What a great show! The best of the 3 PJ shows I've been lucky enough to have attended.

Bobcats are going to Imagine Dragons this summer in July. The haven't hosted a major concert in their stadium in 37 years. Thinking they either throw some lipstick on that pig in order to ready for the concert... Or they have just giving up on not caring what parts of the look like.

Side note my Kid's ( and her cousins )love of that band might force me to attended this show.

Bertram said:
Side note my Kid's ( and her cousins )love of that band might force me to attended this show.

Looks like I'll be in Bozo for that concert, too. But while my wife and kids are at the show, I'll be touring Bozo's finest drinking establishments.

griz5700 said:

Will the stage be in the NEZ? Or will they do like the last few shows and put the stage in the SEZ?

George Ferguson said:

me! just because a bunch of old white people like stale music from the 80's and 90's doesn't make pearl jam relevant. just another boring commercial act doing the same thing over and over and over again in front a bunch of geezers who close their ears to anything new and whine about the next generation, just like the clueless in the generation before whined about them.

This guy thinks Pearl Jam is "great".

"Pearl Jam Might Not Be Cool, But That Doesn’t Mean They Aren’t Great"

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/despite-what-you-may-think-pearl-jam-is-still-great.html

Ament is a nice guy. Nice supporter of Griz hoops. His Flathead island house is my normal boat tour. I'm looking forward to the concert. Have loved the concerts in Griz stadium.

argh! said:
George Ferguson said:

me! just because a bunch of old white people like stale music from the 80's and 90's doesn't make pearl jam relevant. just another boring commercial act doing the same thing over and over and over again in front a bunch of geezers who close their ears to anything new and whine about the next generation, just like the clueless in the generation before whined about them.

From the article that PR posted:
Onstage, Eddie Vedder opens himself up as a medium for the characters that speak through his lyrics, while his band — whose bassist Jeff Ament and rhythm guitarist Stone Gossard call on over 30 years of creative chemistry each night — hurtles back whatever restless mix of hits, deep cuts, and offbeat covers he and the audience can handle. No two nights are similar, except in the commitment to honoring the die-hard fan love that’s kept this enterprise afloat for over a quarter of a century.
:coffee:

PlayerRep said:
This guy thinks Pearl Jam is "great".

"Pearl Jam Might Not Be Cool, But That Doesn’t Mean They Aren’t Great"

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/despite-what-you-may-think-pearl-jam-is-still-great.html

Ament is a nice guy. Nice supporter of Griz hoops. His Flathead island house is my normal boat tour. I'm looking forward to the concert. Have loved the concerts in Griz stadium.

first met ament back in '81 - '82-ish, in miller hall. i think it was in bruce fairweather's (sp) room. their band was deranged diction. was big on dressing the part. also met a few times in seattle. was still big on dressing the part. then met him again in missoula in the late nineties. think it was his place on blue mountain. nice enough guy, but a pedantic player.

never understood why people like flathead lake so much - many, many more beautiful spots in montana. i guess if someone is a stalker who likes to search out where 'famous' people live, they'd gawk at their houses, but it isn't my thing.

speaking of houses, francis crick had a cool house with a spiral staircase in cambridge. really interesting guy. didn't ever go to his place in la jolla, but he was getting pretty old and didn't socialize much any more.

biga75 said:
argh! said:
George Ferguson said:

From the article that PR posted:
Onstage, Eddie Vedder opens himself up as a medium for the characters that speak through his lyrics, while his band — whose bassist Jeff Ament and rhythm guitarist Stone Gossard call on over 30 years of creative chemistry each night — hurtles back whatever restless mix of hits, deep cuts, and offbeat covers he and the audience can handle. No two nights are similar, except in the commitment to honoring the die-hard fan love that’s kept this enterprise afloat for over a quarter of a century.
:coffee:

eddie vedder uses a teleprompter or lyric sheet during concerts. sad. he always warbles his voice, even when it detracts significantly from the song. tired and old. i'm pretty sure changing a few songs out of 20 (or whatever) per show doesn't really make one concert a lot different from another.

enjoy your time with greenie and the gang, listening to a band that hasn't covered any new ground in nearly 30 years. and listening to a guy who can't even remember his own lyrics.

Back