• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU working on another Quality Loss

bgbigdog said:
A question unrelated to shit ponds & choke jobs in Greeley. PSU is getting hammered again - does Barney survive this with the other baggage hanging around his neck?
he has 4 yrs left on his 5 year deal.

bgbigdog said:
A question unrelated to shit ponds & choke jobs in Greeley. PSU is getting hammered again - does Barney survive this with the other baggage hanging around his neck?

Best interview in the big sky. Dude is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jodcon said:
MT Head Guy said:
Cats did what we couldn't last year in Colorado.

Which has nothing to do with 2017, but you probably don't get that.
UNC also graduated a QB who is on the Vikings practice squad. Last year's UNC team wins that game today. Bad comparison.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It never should have been close. MSU is far better than UNC, and they will make some plays against UM, especially by Murray running for his life and by design. But their passing game was basically only dangerous because Murray had about five minutes to get rid of the ball. Anyone think that will happen against the Griz?

srgrizizen said:
It never should have been close. MSU is far better than UNC, and they will make some plays against UM, especially by Murray running for his life and by design. But their passing game was basically only dangerous because Murray had about five minutes to get rid of the ball. Anyone think that will happen against the Griz?

...he had 5 minutes....because UNC...decided not....to pass rush....and contain....his rushing....which.....they didn't even....do well.....

wbtfg said:
I dont remember, did um play at uncu last year?

Funny how you guys try and spin this one :lol: . That game was like watching shit play crap. The Griz will score 40 or 50 points on that UNC team. I wouldn't be feeling all fuzzy and warm right now if I were a Bobcat fan.

bhumble said:
bgbigdog said:
he has 4 yrs left on his 5 year deal.

Plus PSU doesn’t have the money to buy him out. They are stuck with Barneyball whether they like it or not.

grizaremoregooder said:
wbtfg said:

Funny how you guys try and spin this one :lol: . That game was like watching shit play crap. The Griz will score 40 or 50 points on that UNC team. I wouldn't be feeling all fuzzy and warm right now if I were a Bobcat fan.
I don’t feel fuzzy and warm as a griz fan! While our offense is tits our defense sucks balls! Statistically one of the worst passing defenses in all of FCS! Dead last in big sky! Literally any game left on the schedule could go either way without an improved defense IMO, and while I hope they do improve and UM wins out and heads to the playoffs with a full head of steam, I’m cautiously optimistic. Offense will have to play lights out every game, because this years defense won’t be bailing them out if they have a bad day IMO.

grizindabox said:
wbtfg said:
Additionally, msu starting rb was tossed for targeting in the first quarter on a blown call

...you mean....the blown call.....upheld by.....review......

Ya no shit. the blown no call on OPI is what gave the kittens the win....fvckin' Refs

grizindabox said:
bhumble said:
PlayerRep said:
As I have been saying, quality losses can eventually turn into wins, if the team is in fact improving. Some of you can make fun of this concept all you want, but the concept jumped up and bit the Griz in the butt at the end of last year. Also, related is large margin wins over weak teams, which can lead to a false sense of security. I'm not so sure that huge blowouts over Miss Val St and SS by the Griz were better than the Cats' "good/close" losses over Idaho, UND and NAU. Note that I didn't list their 3 point loss to SS. That was a horrible loss.

Ding, ding, ding winner.

...quality losses....are the biggest.....nonsense......ever.....

Perhaps nonesense for people like you who never played the game.

MjpQ5em.gif

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grizaremoregooder said:
wbtfg said:

I don’t feel fuzzy and warm as a griz fan! While our offense is tits our defense sucks balls! Statistically one of the worst passing defenses in all of FCS! Dead last in big sky! Literally any game left on the schedule could go either way without an improved defense IMO, and while I hope they do improve and UM wins out and heads to the playoffs with a full head of steam, I’m cautiously optimistic. Offense will have to play lights out every game, because this years defense won’t be bailing them out if they have a bad day IMO.

I'm feeling better as a Griz fan after watching that game. I think the Griz will roll UNC at home and they will throw the ball all over the place in Bozeman against that secondary. Montana's defense is solid against the run and that's all that MSU can do right now. I really like their chances in Ogden next weekend because they can stop the run.

grzz said:
jodcon said:
MT Head Guy said:
Cats did what we couldn't last year in Colorado.

Which has nothing to do with 2017, but you probably don't get that.
UNC also graduated a QB who is on the Vikings practice squad. Last year's UNC team wins that game today. Bad comparison.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
No, the Griz played like crap that day. I watched it. And, the Cats played like crap today. Your making that assumption is bogus.

grizaremoregooder said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grizaremoregooder said:
wbtfg said:

I'm feeling better as a Griz fan after watching that game. I think the Griz will roll UNC at home and they will throw the ball all over the place in Bozeman against that secondary. Montana's defense is solid against the run and that's all that MSU can do right now. I really like their chances in Ogden next weekend because they can stop the run.
UNCis not good

Both the Griz last year and the Cats today looked like a can of filthy ass. Unimpressive, but to win on the road in the BSC is damn tough and any victory should be celebrated. I thought the PSU and ISU games were great wins. To demean MSU today is being pompous.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
bhumble said:
PlayerRep said:
As I have been saying, quality losses can eventually turn into wins, if the team is in fact improving. Some of you can make fun of this concept all you want, but the concept jumped up and bit the Griz in the butt at the end of last year. Also, related is large margin wins over weak teams, which can lead to a false sense of security. I'm not so sure that huge blowouts over Miss Val St and SS by the Griz were better than the Cats' "good/close" losses over Idaho, UND and NAU. Note that I didn't list their 3 point loss to SS. That was a horrible loss.

Ding, ding, ding winner.

....except I did.....and I didn't....feel good....after any....of the losses.....hell....the last place team....in the MVC...will have almost.....all quality.....losses.....but doesn't mean....shit.....they still....finish last.....

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
bhumble said:
Ding, ding, ding winner.

....except I did.....and I didn't....feel good....after any....of the losses.....hell....the last place team....in the MVC...will have almost.....all quality.....losses.....but doesn't mean....shit.....they still....finish last.....

No, the last place team in the MVC won't all have quality losses. You obviously don't know what a quality loss is.

Copper Griz said:
Both the Griz last year and the Cats today looked like a can of filthy ass. Unimpressive, but to win on the road in the BSC is damn tough and any victory should be celebrated. I thought the PSU and ISU games were great wins. To demean MSU today is being pompous.

You are right on Copper. It seems to be the same way at ID ST. We both seem to play ugly at that place. ID ST is a much improved team this year though.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

No, the last place team in the MVC won't all have quality losses. You obviously don't know what a quality loss is.

....you must have....OCD.....

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

....you must have....OCD.....

No, just football knowledge.

No quality losses for this last place MV team. Losing 52-0 to NDSU is not a. quality loss.

Eastern Illinois Terre Haute, Ind. L 20-22 Box Score
9/9/2017 at Tennessee Knoxville, Tenn. L 7-42 Box Score
9/16/2017 at Liberty Lynchburg, Va. L 41-42 Box Score
9/30/2017 * at Illinois State Normal, Ill. L 13-24 Box Score
10/7/2017 * North Dakota State Terre Haute, Ind. L 0-52 Box Score
10/14/2017 * at South Dakota Vermillion, S.D. L 6-56 Box Score
10/21/2017 * Southern Illinois Terre Haute, Ind. L 24-45

Back