• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU working on another Quality Loss

As I have been saying, quality losses can eventually turn into wins, if the team is in fact improving. Some of you can make fun of this concept all you want, but the concept jumped up and bit the Griz in the butt at the end of last year. Also, related is large margin wins over weak teams, which can lead to a false sense of security. I'm not so sure that huge blowouts over Miss Val St and SS by the Griz were better than the Cats' "good/close" losses over Idaho, UND and NAU. Note that I didn't list their 3 point loss to SS. That was a horrible loss.

Turnovers were the story. Msu dominated most statistical categories.

08dbdf8f4bc739ab7c08976856c0d594.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Additionally, msu starting rb was tossed for targeting in the first quarter on a blown call

wbtfg said:

....just curious....do you post.....the dominance....if UNC wins.....27-24......

wbtfg said:
Additionally, msu starting rb was tossed for targeting in the first quarter on a blown call

...you mean....the blown call.....upheld by.....review......

grizindabox said:
wbtfg said:

....just curious....do you post.....the dominance....if UNC wins.....27-24......

I only deal in facts. Not hypotheticals.

PlayerRep said:
Wow. Domination of stats. Did those turnovers lead to TD's? I didn't follow the game or read this thread.

One int turned into a UNc TD. The other, msu was inside the unc 15.

wbtfg said:
grizindabox said:
wbtfg said:

I only deal in facts. Not hypotheticals.

...my point.....the score...is what....matters....Cats pulled it....out.....barely....even though....they "dominated".......

HookedonGriz said:
As soon as northern colorado made the decision to "play not to lose" they were effed. That started when they got the ball to start the second half and went through the end of the game. Why teams do that I will never understand.

A win is a win, but the Cats look really bad IMO.
They didn’t lose! NC made the Griz look bad last year. Hate that place and Idaho ST.

wbtfg said:
PlayerRep said:
Wow. Domination of stats. Did those turnovers lead to TD's? I didn't follow the game or read this thread.

One int turned into a TD, can’t remember the other.

....pick deep....in UNC....territory.....

grizindabox said:
wbtfg said:
PlayerRep said:

One int turned into a TD, can’t remember the other.

....pick deep....in UNC....territory.....

Right. Edited my original post.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
As soon as northern colorado made the decision to "play not to lose" they were effed. That started when they got the ball to start the second half and went through the end of the game. Why teams do that I will never understand.

A win is a win, but the Cats look really bad IMO.
They didn’t lose! NC made the Griz look bad last year. Hate that place and Idaho ST.

....Cats pulled it.....out.....Griz didn't....last year....but games....were very....similar......guess....UNC....made Cats....look bad.....too....

PlayerRep said:
As I have been saying, quality losses can eventually turn into wins, if the team is in fact improving. Some of you can make fun of this concept all you want, but the concept jumped up and bit the Griz in the butt at the end of last year. Also, related is large margin wins over weak teams, which can lead to a false sense of security. I'm not so sure that huge blowouts over Miss Val St and SS by the Griz were better than the Cats' "good/close" losses over Idaho, UND and NAU. Note that I didn't list their 3 point loss to SS. That was a horrible loss.

Ding, ding, ding winner.

bhumble said:
PlayerRep said:

Ding, ding, ding winner.

...quality losses....are the biggest.....nonsense......ever.....

A question unrelated to shit ponds & choke jobs in Greeley. PSU is getting hammered again - does Barney survive this with the other baggage hanging around his neck?

bgbigdog said:
A question unrelated to shit ponds & choke jobs in Greeley. PSU is getting hammered again - does Barney survive this with the other baggage hanging around his neck?

....I would say....no....but PSU....athletic department...is a flaming....pile of....shit......so who...knows....

grizindabox said:
bhumble said:
PlayerRep said:

Ding, ding, ding winner.

...quality losses....are the biggest.....nonsense......ever.....

Back