• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Here's a good reason Tom Crady is being moved along

argh! said:
"...incredibly arrogant..."

"...wish people would quit reading...what i write."

This is in jest, only. Lighten up eGrizzers. Take a breath, drink another Crown Royal.
Entire threads are not read on eGriz. Hell, entire posts are not read here. Leave off a few words, and, voila! :lol:
Fake news paved the way for these inspired quotes. Where else could I find such examples, other than the School of Journalism, perhaps(bqm)

argh, why do you think it's so hard to ask a source at the university what data is available and when/how it could be provided to a new consultant expected to be hired (at no cost)? Other than general competence,and enough drive to keep the ball moving, I see no need for any specific knowledge or skills. She appears to have been acting as a go-between, after nothing had gotten for several weeks. And she had the authority and ear of her husband, who wanted this done. Had he not been working on the process and plan to make some cuts and restructure, and probably consult endless people, and hire a Provost, and do the normal presidential duties, he probably could have done it himself.

If the outgoing enrollment VP has his nose bent out of shape, and is pouting and staging a slow down, someone needs to step up to get things done.

In my experience with universities, including my school and UM, I often see or sense an incredible lack of urgency to move things along, make decisions and get things done. Compared to business and law, where there is a different ethic and high competition, it sometimes seems that some university processes are stuck in quicksand. Universities are not the same as businesses, but they could use more financial skills and more of a sense of urgency. Some at UM seem to act like they are in unions. Maybe they are.

This whole storyline is an embarrassment and moronic. Why would we not encourage any active role for this intelligent and passionate person? Part of the problem is everyone at the campus is "more qualified" than the next and is too afraid to step on the egos of the phd's that roam the grounds. The role of the spouse is very common across the world. Unreal that staff would get in a wad about this, sad in fact.

https://www.agb.org/trusteeship/2013/3/does-presidential-spouse-have-role-should-role-be-compensated

PlayerRep said:
argh, why do you think it's so hard to ask a source at the university what data is available and when/how it could be provided to a new consultant expected to be hired (at no cost)? Other than general competence,and enough drive to keep the ball moving, I see no need for any specific knowledge or skills. She appears to have been acting as a go-between, after nothing had gotten for several weeks. And she had the authority and ear of her husband, who wanted this done. Had he not been working on the process and plan to make some cuts and restructure, and probably consult endless people, and hire a Provost, and do the normal presidential duties, he probably could have done it himself.

If the outgoing enrollment VP has his nose bent out of shape, and is pouting and staging a slow down, someone needs to step up to get things done.

In my experience with universities, including my school and UM, I often see or sense an incredible lack of urgency to move things along, make decisions and get things done. Compared to business and law, where there is a different ethic and high competition, it sometimes seems that some university processes are stuck in quicksand. Universities are not the same as businesses, but they could use more financial skills and more of a sense of urgency. Some at UM seem to act like they are in unions. Maybe they are.

i agree someone needs to step up and get things done, but when it comes to requesting data sets that belong to um, from um employees who answer to her husband, mrs. bodnar is not that person. pretty sure i've already been over why i think so.

argh! said:
tnt said:
It's certainly no wonder why the level of research and publishing coming from the UM is nearly in the toilet save a few projects which interestingly are medical in nature.

can you provide some evidence for this statement(bqm)

http://nturanking.lis.ntu.edu.tw/Default.aspx

Not even ranked in the Humanities/Liberal Arts (well we are 500th) areas which are where the most cuts are coming to. Makes sense. (the Cuts that is. We are certainly strong in Agriculture (Don't we have an Ag school elsewhere in Montana) and Ecology as well as some of the other sciences

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

i agree someone needs to step up and get things done, but when it comes to requesting data sets that belong to um, from um employees who answer to her husband, mrs. bodnar is not that person. pretty sure i've already been over why i think so.

Don't think she requested data sets for herself. Why would she want to see stuff like that? She wanted to see what was available and help facilitate getting the data to the new consultant.

Show us where she requested data sets for herself?

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

Don't think she requested data sets for herself. Why would she want to see stuff like that? She wanted to see what was available and help facilitate getting the data to the new consultant.

where did you get that i wrote she requested data sets for herself, greenie(bqm) she requested them (herself...). that is the issue. if you or i requested those data sets, whether for your dog or my cat, or whatever, we'd be told to f-off, regardless of why. we aren't married to bodnar.

you aren't very good at thinking things through, are you(bqm)

snap said:
We need a final solution.

Actually I think we have one, while this is an example of why Crady is "being moved along" the more obvious solution is that despite his song and dance and sell job on the academics, he is/was a total failure.....

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

where did you get that i wrote she requested data sets for herself, greenie(bqm) she requested them (herself...). that is the issue. if you or i requested those data sets, whether for your dog or my cat, or whatever, we'd be told to f-off, regardless of why. we aren't married to bodnar.

Well, part of the point is that she is married to Bodnar and he told people she was doing this at his request. My guess is that if Bodnar told me (or most anyone with some standing at UM or in Missoula) to do this, and said that I was doing it at his request, I would also get the ball rolling. I agree that you would be told to f-off.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

Well, part of the point is that she is married to Bodnar and he told people she was doing this at his request. My guess is that if Bodnar told me (or most anyone with some standing at UM or in Missoula) to do this, and said that I was doing it at his request, I would also get the ball rolling.
I agree that you would be told to f-off.

:shock: Burn!

zengriz said:
...generally speaking...
...wives getting involved...
...never a good idea...

... :coffee:..

I know lots of people with businesses that wouldn't be around if it wasn't for their wives being involved.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
Loved the rebuttal. Was that in the Missoulian? Man they need to feel pretty foolish now. Argh sorry pal but you should as well. Shame on Chelsea, an over qualified and passionate volunteer trying turn our university around :)

Our two posters, who are researcher/profs, both felt that a Rhodes Scholar and medical doctor from Harvard Med School (but no PhD) was not qualified to ask when information was available and what did it take to get it to new consultant that was coming on board. And to follow up and not let the ball drop. Those posters called it nepotism. She was looking for a feather in her cap, and improving her resume. I sure hope there aren't many professor/researchers at UM who think like this.

What a complete put-down to Crady and the Missoulian that recent statement was.

you are making up stuff again, greenie. show me where i said what you insinuate. you can't, because the issue i have been talking about is nepotism, not your diversion into whether she is 'smart' or not.

you are getting dumber by the minute.
Same. Regardless of her credentials, my problem was that it appeared that she was not properly vetted for the position.

grizpsych said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
Loved the rebuttal. Was that in the Missoulian? Man they need to feel pretty foolish now. Argh sorry pal but you should as well. Shame on Chelsea, an over qualified and passionate volunteer trying turn our university around :)

Our two posters, who are researcher/profs, both felt that a Rhodes Scholar and medical doctor from Harvard Med School (but no PhD) was not qualified to ask when information was available and what did it take to get it to new consultant that was coming on board. And to follow up and not let the ball drop. Those posters called it nepotism. She was looking for a feather in her cap, and improving her resume. I sure hope there aren't many professor/researchers at UM who think like this.

What a complete put-down to Crady and the Missoulian that recent statement was.

you are making up stuff again, greenie. show me where i said what you insinuate. you can't, because the issue i have been talking about is nepotism, not your diversion into whether she is 'smart' or not.

you are getting dumber by the minute.
Same. Regardless of her credentials, my problem was that it appeared that she was not properly vetted for the position.

But do we know that? Perhaps from the outside it looks that way, but with who was on hand, her education level, she was a better option than Mary in the admissions office or stan in accounting.

Back