• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HC Candidates - Videos & Bios

Thanks for putting this together 5700. My thoughts on this list..

Would Griz fans be happy with Kaine, who has no connections to this program? They haven't seemed to care for coaches who aren't in "the circle." Also, the concern about coming here to take a job to just move up is a little unfounded.. as FCS coaches rarely move up and have success in FBS. That's why Beau Baldwin left to be a coordinator at an FBS school. In the last 10 years 234 FBS coaches have been hired, 18 only came from FCS. Of those FCS coaches I'm guessing very few are still a head coach.

Hauck is -not- guaranteed to repeat previous success. This conference isn't the same group of punching bags it was 10 years ago. People seem to have short term memories about why they were happy when he skipped town.

Pease.. man, just pass.

Fisher is a -huge- unknown and currently unemployed. No idea what we'd be getting there, or if he's even ready to take charge of a program. There would most certainly be some growing pains unless he surrounded himself with a very strong staff.

Not sure Gregorak is HC material. He's making himself into a good coordinator, but you need more from your HC than Xs and Os.

That said, I haven't put together my own list yet, and really, it may be pointless as this job search might be done already. I tend to go outside the family when I'm looking at HC prospects, and people probably wouldn't like it anyways.

If I got the job and my name wasn't Bobby Hauck, I would condition my acceptance on Haslam holding a press conference explaining exactly why BH wasn't hired so I would maybe make it more than two quarters before eGriz started calling for me to be replaced by BH.

CDAGRIZ said:
If I got the job and my name wasn't Bobby Hauck, I would condition my acceptance on Haslam holding a press conference explaining exactly why BH wasn't hired so I would maybe make it more than two quarters before eGriz started calling for me to be replaced by BH.

I think I the new coach should start his acceptance press conference with "Fuck Bobby Hauck, and glad to be here."

Even if it is Bobby, that would be cooler yet.

CDAGRIZ said:

99.9% it will be Bobby . Will be announced by next Tuesday

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I think I the new coach should start his acceptance press conference with "Fuck Bobby Hauck, and glad to be here."

Now we're getting somewhere with ideas.

TCCGRIZ said:
CDAGRIZ said:

CU Next Tuesday.

CDAGRIZ said:
TCCGRIZ said:
CDAGRIZ said:

CU Next Tuesday.

Holy shit that's funny , didn't even realize lolol
There you go again CDA making me spit my drink out !!!

MrTitleist said:
Thanks for putting this together 5700. My thoughts on this list..

Would Griz fans be happy with Kaine, who has no connections to this program? They haven't seemed to care for coaches who aren't in "the circle." Also, the concern about coming here to take a job to just move up is a little unfounded.. as FCS coaches rarely move up and have success in FBS. That's why Beau Baldwin left to be a coordinator at an FBS school. In the last 10 years 234 FBS coaches have been hired, 18 only came from FCS. Of those FCS coaches I'm guessing very few are still a head coach.

Hauck is -not- guaranteed to repeat previous success. This conference isn't the same group of punching bags it was 10 years ago. People seem to have short term memories about why they were happy when he skipped town.

Pease.. man, just pass.

Fisher is a -huge- unknown and currently unemployed. No idea what we'd be getting there, or if he's even ready to take charge of a program. There would most certainly be some growing pains unless he surrounded himself with a very strong staff.

Not sure Gregorak is HC material. He's making himself into a good coordinator, but you need more from your HC than Xs and Os.

That said, I haven't put together my own list yet, and really, it may be pointless as this job search might be done already. I tend to go outside the family when I'm looking at HC prospects, and people probably wouldn't like it anyways.

Agree with most of this.

I think we can just eliminate the following - Pease, Gregorak, and Fisher. Only way this happens is if Kent has a melt down and says screw it, your new coach is Ty Gregorak and Kraig Paulson is the new DC..then drops the mic and throws a double bird at the camera. That’s pretty unlikely.

Pease - guy just comes across as a miserable person who is always looking for a job. Not happening.
Fisher - would have to absolutely kill the interview and have Bobby withdraw his name.

It really is down to Hauck and Kane. With Hauck being the clear front runner.

I wouldn’t entirely count Kane out, especially if he REALLY wants the job and nails the interview. He’s a very intriguing option. I think given his age and attitude, he could definitely be looking at UM as a way to get a P5 HC or DC position. Hard to compare him to any past or present bsc coach other than Warren at SUU I suppose. I agree though, the jump from FCS to FBS HC has been rare.

The wildcard is Haslam. He was facing A LOT of pressure last time to hire Hauck and went with Stitt. Also who knows how his discussions with the new President have gone this week?

griz5700 said:
My Picks
1. Hauck
2. Kane
3. Fisher
4. Pease
5. Gregorak
6. Thompson

Nice work on this. Thanks for sharing it. I must say this is the most excited I've seen you with this stuff :clap:

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I think I the new coach should start his acceptance press conference with "f*** Bobby Hauck, and glad to be here."

Ursa texted me from his vacation, having trouble accessing egriz & wanted me to share this for him. He said it would be best to eschew the vulgarity, whatever eschew means.

index.jpg

“Bobby Hauck, rush chairman, dam glad to meet you.”

The more I see and research Kane, the more impressed I am. I'd be happy with Hauck or him. He seems to have some fire and youth, which is a win win.

HookedonGriz said:
griz5700 said:
My Picks
1. Hauck
2. Kane
3. Fisher
4. Pease
5. Gregorak
6. Thompson

Nice work on this. Thanks for sharing it. I must say this is the most excited I've seen you with this stuff :clap:

You got it, man. Excited for the next chapter. Although I'm starting to think Kane is best option, which is weird. Feels like I'm betraying King Hauck.. haha.

griz5700 said:
HookedonGriz said:
griz5700 said:
My Picks
1. Hauck
2. Kane
3. Fisher
4. Pease
5. Gregorak
6. Thompson

You got it, man. Excited for the next chapter. Although I'm starting to think Kane is best option, which is weird. Feels like I'm betraying King Hauck.. haha.

Hopefully win win either way. Options like this can be good!

griz5700 said:
HookedonGriz said:
griz5700 said:
My Picks
1. Hauck
2. Kane
3. Fisher
4. Pease
5. Gregorak
6. Thompson

Kane is a rising star, might have him for 4 years, tops.

PDXGrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
HookedonGriz said:
griz5700 said:
My Picks
1. Hauck
2. Kane
3. Fisher
4. Pease
5. Gregorak
6. Thompson

Kane is a rising star, might have him for 4 years, tops.

That’d be MUCH better than the last 3 years, no?

...let's face it if Bobby wants the job he gets it..there's no way in hell he gets passed up this time...I
like what l see from Kane..seems like the energizer!..just not going to happen!

Stitt's firing was probably more on Semore than Stitt himself which proves that it's not just about the HC but also quality of OC/DC and other staff. With this in mind, what kind of staff would each candidate assemble? Bobby has a myriad of connections from his many years in the industry and inspires a lot of confidence that he can and will put together a good staff. While I like Kane's energy and potential, it remains to be seen if he can assemble the kind of staff needed to be successful at Montana. I am not saying he can't or won't do so, just that it's unknown at this point.

Back