• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HC Candidates - Videos & Bios

Don't gp qith Brent Pease or Bobby Hauck, their egos are way to big. The other three would all be top notch griz coaches. I will also just have to say that I am thankful they recognized that Stitt was way over his head and this change needed to happen even if we have to take a step back for a year or so. It needed to happen.

indian-outlaw said:
Don't go with Brent Pease or Bobby Hauck, their egos are way to big. The other three would all be top notch griz coaches. I will also just have to say that I am thankful they recognized that Stitt was way over his head and this change needed to happen even if we have to take a step back for a year or so. It needed to happen.

indian-outlaw said:
Don't go with Brent Pease or Bobby Hauck, their egos are way to big. The other three would all be top notch griz coaches. I will also just have to say that I am thankful they recognized that Stitt was way over his head and this change needed to happen even if we have to take a step back for a year or so. It needed to happen.

Is this the list of coaches in Colters write up? Just curious.

I think out of all listed, Hauck would be the smartest choice. It is well know what he can do as a coach AND is proven at UM.

He would also appear to be the least risky hire. Which at this stage is very crucial now the Champions Center complete. UM needs to field very competitive teams to get back on that national stage and relatively quickly.

If for some reason Hauck does not get the job I would pick Kane next.

I am 90% certain it will be Hauck the way this entire thing has played out with what we have heard about big time boosters. If the booster info is correct.

I personally lik the thought of Hauck back at the helm. Hopefully Selle stays on staff and can learn from Hauck to maybe one day be head coach!

indian-outlaw said:
I’m curious, what are your thoughts on Pease or Hauck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Kane, you get a young qualified coach hungry to move up the ranks. That energy may be exactly what the program needs.

A lot of people seem to think that a coach who has aspirations to leave for greener pastures is a bad thing - I totally disagree. If Kane were at UM for 5-6 years, won a ton of games, and left for a better job, that is a win for all parties. You just have to be sure you hire a person with that same energy in the next hire, not a Bob Stitt.

The more I look into Kane, the more I like.

1a. Kane
1b. Hauck

nzone said:
If Hauck really wants the job and he and Haslem come to terms then any other candidate doesn’t make sense to me. Hope this all gets worked out sooner than later tho.
+1

ORGUNGRIZ said:
Is this the list of coaches in Colters write up? Just curious.

I think out of all listed, Hauck would be the smartest choice. It is well know what he can do as a coach AND is proven at UM.

He would also appear to be the least risky hire. Which at this stage is very crucial now the Champions Center complete. UM needs to field very competitive teams to get back on that national stage and relatively quickly.

If for some reason Hauck does not get the job I would pick Kane next.

I am 90% certain it will be Hauck the way this entire thing has played out with what we have heard about big time boosters. If the booster info is correct.

I personally lik the thought of Hauck back at the helm. Hopefully Selle stays on staff and can learn from Hauck to maybe one day be head coach!

It's the same names that skyline listed except for Jonathan Smith.

indian-outlaw said:

Got it the first 3 times!

Kent has a either a tough decision or no decision. Either the big time boosters want Hauck and have the ability to force Kents hand or they dont. As I have said before Hauck is the safest decision and I am a Montana homer but I really like Kane as well. Tough decision between a tested successful FCS head coach and a new up and comer. Could Hauck have lost some desire and energy since leaving? Very possible. Could being an assistant and having to have someone else make the decisions and his love for UM football relight a fire under him? Possibly.

I sure like the idea of a new young coach that has shown some success at DC like Kane. Didnt get to watch much of his defense today but when I left the house they were pitching a shutout. Need to see some interviews on tv and read some more about him but I like him. Maybe Skyline has some new in depth info? Not ready to pick yet. Hopefully Kent has a lot of info.

1. Hauck
2. Kane but could be definitively swayed to pick him first with more info
3. Thompson

After reading this Hauck and Pease are embedded in my mind, that must mean it's one of them.

cmtgrizzly said:
Kent has a either a tough decision or no decision. Either the big time boosters want Hauck and have the ability to force Kents hand or they dont. As I have said before Hauck is the safest decision and I am a Montana homer but I really like Kane as well. Tough decision between a tested successful FCS head coach and a new up and comer. Could Hauck have lost some desire and energy since leaving? Very possible. Could being an assistant and having to have someone else make the decisions and his love for UM football relight a fire under him? Possibly.

I sure like the idea of a new young coach that has shown some success at DC like Kane. Didnt get to watch much of his defense today but when I left the house they were pitching a shutout. Need to see some interviews on tv and read some more about him but I like him. Maybe Skyline has some new in depth info? Not ready to pick yet. Hopefully Kent has a lot of info.

1. Hauck
3. Thimpson

I wouldn't discount his desire to finish what he started, i.e. winning a national title. As frustrated as we as fans were by getting to the title game three times and losing, I'm sure it was just as bad if not worse for him.

Htowngriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

1. Hauck
3. Thimpson

I wouldn't discount his desire to finish what he started, i.e. winning a national title. As frustrated as we as fans were by getting to the title game three times and losing, I'm sure it was just as bad if not worse for him.

Great point!

jodcon said:
After reading this Hauck and Pease are embedded in my mind, that must mean it's one of them.
Hope it is Hauck then Becuase after reading this I do not want Pease

griz5700 said:
With Kane, you get a young qualified coach hungry to move up the ranks. That energy may be exactly what the program needs.

A lot of people seem to think that a coach who has aspirations to leave for greener pastures is a bad thing - I totally disagree. If Kane were at UM for 5-6 years, won a ton of games, and left for a better job, that is a win for all parties. You just have to be sure you hire a person with that same energy in the next hire, not a Bob Stitt.

The more I look into Kane, the more I like.

1a. Kane
1b. Hauck

I agree 100%, maybe Fisher as the DC for either of them, Rosenbach will probably be Hauck's OC.

Very old article on BH. 2007 kind of interesting to read.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/uwire/112707aay.html

Yukon said:
Very old article on BH. 2007 kind of interesting to read.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/uwire/112707aay.html

Good read. Look forward to seeing how he’s grown over the last 7 years. :thumb:

RayWill said:
jodcon said:
Hope it is Hauck then Becuase after reading this I do not want Pease

I'd rather go off the list than hire Pease, not a fan of his persona.

Back