• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HAMMER,SNOWLAKES AND THE LAW

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
You are in luck, my friend! I'm informed and believe there is a website with a few posters called RedHome, or RedRocket, or something, that has 3-4 posts per day regarding the EWCC Eagles. You're welcome.
Weak

Maybe it is. Not sure, I've never visited the site.
Well if you did visit the site you might learn something about football. I doubt it would hold your attention as it is devoid of the adolescent noise you seem to enjoy.

I Googled RedRocket, and it had little to do with football. Can you kindly provide a link to which you refer?

GoldenEagle said:
This is boring me. I'm out.

Awww!

tenor.gif

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
šŸ˜

So brave.

i was wearing my best dress and said it with a smile. the point was, if you put some douche bag thing on your license plate, you'll get treated in kind. maybe i'm the only one left on this site who thinks something like 'ftc' is pretty pathetic and invites an in-kind response, but hey, your endless attempts at being funny chased most of those i respected away, so i guess i'm alone.

Do you post on the big board even though friends think you shouldn't? When you are alone in the half-light of the monitor, does all existence seem to fade to a being of your soul and memories? Eventually, all posts merge into one, and eGriz runs through it. eGriz was formed by the worldā€™s great Cat grad, and runs over servers in the basements of Cat fans' mothers. In some of the posts are timeless missives. Within the missives are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
:clap: :clap: :clap: This post is brilliance in motion.

i was kinda wondering what kind of gang-of-threeorfour was going to spring into action with with assumative self-projection types of responses... well, ok, i wasn't really wondering too much. brilliance in motion, indeed.

DMV (at county level) allowed me to have FUMSU, but when paper work got to deer lodge it was declined. According to the paperwork I recieved that number/letter combination is not acceptable. That was back in 2001.

Looks like Im losing them fellas!

Dear Mr. "Hammer"

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the certified letter you received.

It has come to our attention the license plates assigned to a vehicle you own display the letters ā€œFTC.ā€

While MVD reviews all personalized plates before initial issuance as directed in statute 61-3-405, it is also customary for MVD to routinely review all permissible words, phrases and spellings in order to account for changes in vernacular over time.

61-3-405.ā€ƒApplication for personalized plates. An applicant for personalized license plates or renewal of such plates in subsequent years pursuant to 61-3-401 through 61-3-406 shall file an application therefor in the form and by the date the department requires, indicating thereon the combination of letters or numbers, or both, requested as a registration number. There shall be no duplication of registration numbers, and the department may refuse to issue any combination of letters or numbers, or both, that may carry connotations offensive to good taste and decency or which are misleading or a duplication of license plates provided for elsewhere in this title.

The term ā€œFTCā€ has been deemed inappropriate and not allowed as it is the abbreviation of a popular phrase - ā€œF--- the Catsā€ - that has emerged as a result of the rivalry between the University of Montana Grizzlies and Montana State University Bobcats. The abbreviation ā€œFTGā€ has likewise been deemed inappropriate.

We understand your intent of the letters may be different and certainly appropriate, yet it is offensive to good taste and decency if interpreted as mentioned above and therefore cannot be allowed according to statute.

An additional letter was sent to you yesterday providing the following options:

1. Request regular issue license plates at your local County Treasurerā€™s Office at no additional cost.

2. Submit three (3) new letter/number combinations on the bottom of this letter and return to the MVD at the address listed above at no additional cost. Once the new personalized plates are manufactured and received at your local County Treasurerā€™s Office you will need to surrender the old plates and receive a registration receipt showing the new letter/number combination issued.

If a response is not received within ten (10) days of receipt of this letter, Montana Highway Patrol will be notified to pick up the plates.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Denice Harris
Operations Services Bureau Chief
Motor Vehicle Division
Montana Department of Justice
[email protected]

BILLYBEAR said:
It would really suck if someone stole them off your car! :steal:

I know where Hammer lives hahahaha ( evil laugh)
On another note I will be setting up an online auction for a really cool lisence plate lol

My response.
Hello Denice. I just have a few questions regarding my plates. Would it have been an issue had the text been on neutral or even cat plates? I think not. If I select another acronym for my plates and someones perception of it is offensive to them will I be going through this again in the future? Probably. My point is that any acronym can be found offensive to any person based on their personal perception of what it means. I am getting legal council on this and will respond within the 10 day window your office has allowed me. Thank you, Hammer.

Hammer said:
My response.
Hello Denice. I just have a few questions regarding my plates. Would it have been an issue had the text been on neutral or even cat plates? I think not. If I select another acronym for my plates and someones perception of it is offensive to them will I be going through this again in the future? Probably. My point is that any acronym can be found offensive to any person based on their personal perception of what it means. I am getting legal council on this and will respond within the 10 day window your office has allowed me. Thank you, Hammer.

Great response Hammer.

Hammer said:
My response.
Dear Denice,

Please see my new plate proposals listed below:

FTDMV
FOADDMV
EABDDMV

Sincerely
Hammer

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How about making a state FOIA request to find out who commented on your plates or said they were offensive? Assume this would be valid, and then we'd all know who the complainer(s) was.

Latest posts

Back