• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HAMMER,SNOWLAKES AND THE LAW

TCCGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
My first question would be is this verified, because it seems a little lowbrow for DOJ jurisdiction. This could be Alpha or someone f***[*] with him.

Secondly, I wouldn't do anything and make them prove intent, if it's documented on submission what he meant by it, even if untrue, how can they say it means something else? I would push back on this.

It's not like it says Robert Lee or something...

It's not Alpha for sure .
I agree on making them prove intent .
He has to write them a letter stating what it means (For The Championship )

Possible exemplar?

Dear [ ],

I, [Hammer], want the Montana Grizzlies sports programs to win championships. The extra money I paid to the State of Montana to obtain a license plate displaying the acronym "FTC" is a direct result of the fact that the State of Montana will not allow the full text "For the Championship" to be displayed on my paid-for Montana Grizzlies license plates. If the State wishes to allow the full text of the message I wish to convey, I will gladly accept such a licence plate at no charge to me. If the State wishes to prohibit the message I wish to convey despite perpetually approving it and accepting my payment therefor, well, we might have to talk. I hope this helps.

TCCGRIZ said:
IdaGriz01 said:
... "Free speech," as defined by the First Amendment, is pretty much on its way out in this country. (Hope I'm wrong, but the evidence goes the other way.) Today, "offensive" and (worse yet) "hate speech" are basically code words for "stuff I don't agree with."

My inclination and advice is to tell the DOJ to buzz off. And if they persist, we can start a GoFundMe campaign to pay his legal costs (seriously!).
You must have watched Tucker Carlson last night also .
I know Hammer is worried and pissed all in one .
I like the idea of the go fund me campaign. I would have no clue how to start it though .

The envelope was DOJ the letterhead was DMV btw
I know who Tucker C is, but ... no, I did not watch him last night. (Where is he on, and did he address this issue specifically?) Anyway, my assessment is based on "independent research," both on the air and in print.

I've been hoping this thread was just something started to "stir the pot" -- and I played along. If it truly is real, my inclination would be to (1) write a respectful -- but incredulous -- reply asking what the Hell they think they mean and (2) send a letter, with enclosed copy, to my state/Federal elected officials asking them if they don't think the agency in question has better things to worry about (or words to that effect).

As for GoFundMe, I've never done it, but I know there are people on eGriz who know how to do it.

IdaGriz01 said:
TCCGRIZ said:
IdaGriz01 said:
... "Free speech," as defined by the First Amendment, is pretty much on its way out in this country. (Hope I'm wrong, but the evidence goes the other way.) Today, "offensive" and (worse yet) "hate speech" are basically code words for "stuff I don't agree with."

My inclination and advice is to tell the DOJ to buzz off. And if they persist, we can start a GoFundMe campaign to pay his legal costs (seriously!).
You must have watched Tucker Carlson last night also .
I know Hammer is worried and pissed all in one .
I like the idea of the go fund me campaign. I would have no clue how to start it though .

The envelope was DOJ the letterhead was DMV btw
I know who Tucker C is, but ... no, I did not watch him last night. (Where is he on, and did he address this issue specifically?) Anyway, my assessment is based on "independent research," both on the air and in print.

I've been hoping this thread was just something started to "stir the pot" -- and I played along. If it truly is real, my inclination would be to (1) write a respectful -- but incredulous -- reply asking what the Hell they think they mean and (2) send a letter, with enclosed copy, to my state/Federal elected officials asking them if they don't think the agency in question has better things to worry about (or words to that effect).

As for GoFundMe, I've never done it, but I know there are people on eGriz who know how to do it.

I wish it was a joke but it is legit .
You just can not make this shit up !!!

Its totally legit. Came certified mail and my wife had to sign for it. I would post the letter on here if someone would tell me how to upload a photo from my phone and post on here.

My 2 cents. " In order for me not to repeat my mistake---Explain what you found offensive. thank you very much."

I'd love to have a copy of their reply on DMV letterhead.

The letter reads as follows
To Hammer ,
The motor vehicle division (DMV) recently recieved a complaint that personalized license plate FTC has been deemed to carry connotations offensive to good taste and decency or which is misleading
Please provide our office with an explanation to the meaning of your personalized plate choice
The division may recall any combination of letters and/or numbers that may carry connotations
offensive to good taste and decency or which are misleading or are a duplication of another license plate
Sincerely
Title and registration bureau
Specialized Services

Holy crap that's alot of typing for one finger lol

Article on the subject: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/here-s-how-a-vanity-plate-gets-banned-in-montana/article_bf42dfb1-ed1b-5cfe-ad62-31054f7b5d63.html

Lists of banned plates. 4212 as of several years ago. http://helenair.com/license-plates/

Just a thought - might want to move this to the non-evidentiary & less public portions of the site.

TCCGRIZ said:
So , Some of you are aware Hammer is an old friend as well as an employee. Well Hammer recieved a certified letter deeming his lisence plates are offensive.
On the form when he put in for the personalized plates he told them the truth "For The Championship" FTC .
This certified letter came from the DOJ of all places and now my buddy Hammer is beside himself.
Any thoughts from you attorneys on what he should do. :cry:

Hilarious! But, would you really want those plates if you had to park your car in Bozeman?

The banned list is pretty funny.

1MUDSLT
GRNBLZ
HOTNUTZ
MUFNBUT
ARSON
BABYDCK

What's left if all those are band?

Back