• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HAMMER,SNOWLAKES AND THE LAW

Hammer, offer to change it to DOJ POS...let's see what connotation they come up with for that

IdaGriz01 said:
Glad to see the thread title changed to be "snowflakes" -- of course that's also considered "offensive."

"Free speech," as defined by the First Amendment, is pretty much on its way out in this country. (Hope I'm wrong, but the evidence goes the other way.) Today, "offensive" and (worse yet) "hate speech" are basically code words for "stuff I don't agree with."

My inclination and advice is to tell the DOJ to buzz off. And if they persist, we can start a GoFundMe campaign to pay his legal costs (seriously!).

"Free speech" isn't an unlimited open invitation to say whatever you want. It is a right (like any other right) subject to reasonable limits. Justice Holmes wrote almost 100 years ago that "you can't shout fire in a crowded theater", meaning the right to say what you want is limited by the responsibility to do so without causing unreasonable harm.

Hammer said:
Its totally legit. Came certified mail and my wife had to sign for it. I would post the letter on here if someone would tell me how to upload a photo from my phone and post on here.

I suspect the statute that allowed for personalized plates requires the state to not issue plates that are 'in bad taste', thus there is someone at the DMV responsible for enforcing this requirement. They probably have a list of words that can't be printed on license plates. Somebody complained to the DMV and the DMV is obligated to follow up. I'd say simply respond that FTC is 'Feed the Cows' or something and carry on. It would be really stylish to come up with something in Latin, but that would take some special skills.

CDAGRIZ said:
The banned list is pretty funny.

1MUDSLT
GRNBLZ
HOTNUTZ
MUFNBUT
ARSON
BABYDCK

What's left if all those are band?

man, even 007BOND is illegal. WTF? Wait...what about WTF?

AZDoc said:
CDAGRIZ said:

1MUDSLT
GRNBLZ
HOTNUTZ
MUFNBUT
ARSON
BABYDCK

man, even 007BOND is illegal. WTF? Wait...what about WTF?
What's offensive about Wednesday Thursday Friday??

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

:shock:
CDAGRIZ said:

1MUDSLT
GRNBLZ
HOTNUTZ
MUFNBUT
ARSON
BABYDCK

[/quote
My analyst/therapist recently got the same letter for "ANALRAPIST".
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe it's just time for a new start.

81tlSD2mQAL._SX355_.jpg

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

1MUDSLT
GRNBLZ
HOTNUTZ
MUFNBUT
ARSON
BABYDCK

The fact that you're a long-time patient now disturbs me.

PS...I. fixed your quote you illiterate hillbilly

The regulation of vehicle licensing is a state issue --- Has nothing to do with federal government. The whole thing smells of a hi-level prank.

A few phone calls to clarify the issue should, well, clarify the issue.

jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

1MUDSLT
GRNBLZ
HOTNUTZ
MUFNBUT
ARSON
BABYDCK

Thank you my friend! It's Friday and I'm trying to type on my phone with the DTs. At 5:00, Sweet liquor's gonna make it all go away! :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

1MUDSLT
GRNBLZ
HOTNUTZ
MUFNBUT
ARSON
BABYDCK

Thank you my friend! It's Friday and I'm trying to type on my phone with the DTs. At 5:00, Sweet liquor's gonna make it all go away! :thumb:

Your Russian mail order bride score some Imperia from the comrades back home again?

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:

Your Russian mail order bride score some Imperia from the comrades back home again?

Negra Modelo. Friday is fish taco night at the house. :thumb:

i saw a license plate on a corvette a few days ago that said 'pogue mahon' or some similar attempt at 'kiss my ass' in gaelic. the guy walked into a supermarket at the same time as i did, so i took the opportunity to tell him to go fuck himself and his small penis car. he didn't seem to like that, but hey, he told me to kiss his ass.

i'd deal with hammer in a similar way if i was offended by his plate, not complain to mommy.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
jodcon said:

Oh Yeah? Friday is pizza (and a beer or two) night at our place, has been since my kids were little.

Solid tradition.

argh! said:
i saw a license plate on a corvette a few days ago that said 'pogue mahon' or some similar attempt at 'kiss my ass' in gaelic. the guy walked into a supermarket at the same time as i did, so i took the opportunity to tell him to go fuck himself and his small penis car. he didn't seem to like that, but hey, he told me to kiss his ass.

i'd deal with hammer in a similar way if i was offended by his plate, not complain to mommy.

So brave.

argh! said:
i saw a license plate on a corvette a few days ago that said 'pogue mahon' or some similar attempt at 'kiss my ass' in gaelic. the guy walked into a supermarket at the same time as i did, so i took the opportunity to tell him to go f*** himself and his small penis car. he didn't seem to like that, but hey, he told me to kiss his ass.

The problem with this country anymore is there are too many people who follow the "if you're not offended, I'll be offended for you " mentality.

Agendacide should be a new word.

jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Oh Yeah? Friday is pizza (and a beer or two) night at our place, has been since my kids were little.

Solid tradition.

What kind of beer do your kids enjoy?

Back