• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Football Coaching Staff

Hot off the presses, garizzlies!

As the defensive coordinator at Arizona State in 1992, Baer's Sun Devil defense ranked No. 7 nationally in total defense, allowing less than 269 yards per game and four yards per play.

In 2002 at Notre Dame, the Fighting Irish ranked No. 9 nationally in scoring defense, No. 10 in pass efficiency defense and rush defense, and No. 13 in total defense, allowing just five rushing touchdowns all year. He was recognized that season as one of five Broyles Award finalists.

During San Jose State's improbable 11-2 season in 2012, the Spartans finished with the No. 24 best overall defense in the nation and the No. 19 rush defense, allowing less than 345 yards per game and finishing the year ranked in the top five in seven different categories en route to a Military Bowl victory over Bowling Green.

Based on this trend, his defense should be ripping the tits off of it in 2022. Appears his defenses are similar to cicada bugs...only appears once every 10 years. Hopefully we don't suck balls in '18, '19, '20 and '21. ;) I don't think Griz fans are that patient.

AND YES, I UNDERSTAND CICADAS APPEAR IN 13 & 17 YEAR CYCLES, THUS THE WORD "SIMILAR". ITS A JOKE, PEOPLE. LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP.

AllWeatherFan said:
Ringneck said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Semore pissed me off when he told defenders not to play physical. God I hate that.

Pardon my ignorance...is this for real? When did he say that?

Okay, he didn't. But you'd never know it by reading this thread. :)

It sounded too dumb to be true. But as you said, you never know around here.

I thought it was interesting that he was not named specifically to handle the linebacker group so there may be a possibility they get another coach there which I would be for that way Baer can think big picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
maroonandsilver said:
go96griz said:
Baer at DC is finally official:

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/1/23/football-baer-to-add-experience-as-grizzly-dc.aspx

How can you read Baer's Bio and not be impressed?
Well, because AZ says he's no good. Isn't that good enough for anyone?
Couldn't just let it rest, could you?

Godforfuckingbid someone have a different opinion than the all-knowing, all-seeing Kemajic.
Yes! Finally getting the acknowledgement I deserve.

Ringneck said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Ringneck said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Semore pissed me off when he told defenders not to play physical. God I hate that.

Blitzing on 3rd and 34 against a non-passing team is what's too dumb to be true. And when it doesn't work, keep trying.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
maroonandsilver said:
How can you read Baer's Bio and not be impressed?
Well, because AZ says he's no good. Isn't that good enough for anyone?
Couldn't just let it rest, could you?

Godforfuckingbid someone have a different opinion than the all-knowing, all-seeing Kemajic.
Yes! Finally getting the acknowledgement I deserve.

Well, it’s obvious to even the most casual observer.

kemajic said:
Ringneck said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Ringneck said:

Blitzing on 4th and 34 against a non-passing team is what's too dumb to be true. And when it doesn't work, keep trying.

Imagine the balls on that OC going for it on 4th and 34 when the other team is showing blitz! It might've even been 6th and 34. Dude was hanging brain for sure.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
Ringneck said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Blitzing on 3rd and 34 against a non-passing team is what's too dumb to be true. And when it doesn't work, keep trying.

Imagine the balls on that OC going for it on 4th and 34 when the other team is showing blitz! It might've even been 6th and 34. Dude was hanging brain for sure.
Fixed it. :laugh: :laugh:

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
Ringneck said:

Fixed it. :laugh: :laugh:

Whew. :)

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Ringneck said:
It sounded too dumb to be true.

That's my specialty!

Do you think Stitt's team played physical?

Or, as physical as the team will be next fall?

The joke wasn’t whether or not the teams played physical...it was whether or not Semore actually TOLD the defense not to play physical....

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Ringneck said:
It sounded too dumb to be true.

That's my specialty!

The joke wasn’t whether or not the teams played physical...it was whether or not Semore actually TOLD the defense not to play physical....

I understood the joke. I asked 2 questions of AWF. Let him answer.

Using your phrase, pay attention.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
That's my specialty!

I understood the joke. I asked 2 questions of AWF. Let him answer.

Using your phrase, pay attention.

My answer (I know you didn’t ask) is this: they played physical (for the most part), but not very smart, especially on D.

AllWeatherFan said:
1. Yes, but we got out-schemed a lot.

2. We'll see.

Okay. Thx.

Hauck's team will play more physical. I didn't find Stitt's teams to be physical teams.He didn't seem to emphasize that. I like physical teams, but don't think that's the only way to win.

I didn't think the Griz got out-schemed a lot.

Latest posts

Back