• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

...griz/cat game thread...

Great D all second half. Great job by Akoh not eating frustrated and playing within. Great job by all the starters. Shots were not falling tonight so they buckle down on D and dominate the second half to win by 15. Great TEAM effort

Griz hold Cats to only 19 points in the second half, improving to 7-0 in Big Sky play. The win ties the all time series at 148 each.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tonight is was Morehead, last week it was Akoh, another time Oguine, then Rorie....I've never seen a team with that many weapons and still have even more firepower in Kriscovic, Falls, Pridgett, and company..this is a team...and Montana is playing team ball...

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Lock down D wins the day. TV broadcast just said that the Bobcats only made 4 shots from the floor the whole second half. D held them to 19 second half points. Go Griz!
Dang! Had it muted and missed Barnum and Bailey back peddling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrizLA said:
Tonight is was Morehead, last week it was Akoh, another time Oguine, then Rorie....I've never seen a team with that many weapons and still have even more firepower in Kriscovic, Falls, Pridgett, and company..this is a team...and Montana is playing team ball...
Exactamundo!

And what is equally impressive is how the staff makes halftime adjustments ... and the players execute. Really, really impressive.

wbtfg said:
First Time I’ve seen UM play this year. Color me impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time I have for me as well. Guy that has taken crap the past couple years was my unsung hero. Bobby Moorehead! He was on Hall most of the second half. He has unmeasurables. His wing span is of a 7 footer. Hall was off his game in the secondo half.

Not really the way I expected us to play but we won by more than I thought. Sign of a good team. They can win in many ways.

cmtgrizzly said:
Not really the way I expected us to play but we won by more than I thought. Sign of a good team. They can win in many ways.
Yep. Beat Portland, basically at their own game (scoring), then won another "typical" low-scoring defensive struggle ... where different guys picked up the scoring load.

cmtgrizzly said:

Well said, ain't it the truth.

colter was tweeting during the game that Hall was still weak from the flu. that can account for some of tonight, but that was a D clinic tonight, esp being aware at all times where he was on the floor!

GrizLA said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Did Weber win?

yes

K, Thanks. In the end if we keep playing with the "desperation" TD speaks of it doesnt matter what everyone else does as we will be the best team in the conference and should win it. The tournament, as everyone knows, is another matter and though I think we have as good of a chance to win it as anyone, unfortunately, anyone can get hot and win it. We have beat this topic to death in other threads but kind of unfortunate that a team like UM, if they continue to dominate can be ousted In the BSC tourney and therefore be out of the NCAA as well. Yes I agree the solution is simple don't lose in the conference tournament. I still think the current system with everyone participating and no home court advantage for the team that has earned it, devalues the regular season and runs a relatively high risk not sending our best team to the NCAA.

Riley Corcoran just noted on the halftime show that Moorehead (defending Hall) and Rorie (defending Frey) held the two leading Bobcat scorers to zero field goals total in the second half.That's in addition to holding the entire Bobcat team to four total field goals in the second half, a total of 19 second-half points.

grizzlyjournal said:
Riley Corcoran just noted on the halftime show that Moorehead (defending Hall) and Rorie (defending Frey) held the two leading Bobcat scorers to zero field goals total in the second half.That's in addition to holding the entire Bobcat team to four total field goals in the second half, a total of 19 second-half points.

That is really impressive. Moorehead has always been a good defender as has Rorie. Anyone know how many rebounds Moorehead had?

Back