• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Five Beers to Try Before I Die

Silvertip said:
Haven't seen the world's oldest pilsner mentioned, Czech Republic's Pilsner Urquell, still the gold standard IMHO. Heading for South America Monday anxious to try Peru's renowned Chicha corn beer. Haven't tried Dogfish Head's version so I guess I'm behind the corn beer curve...will try a taste comparison when I get back home.

Yes, Pilsner Urquell is another fine lager.

Check out Cusqueña if you want to try a good Peruvian lager!

...pilsen and budvar...
...share the same fence line...
...hop growing region of old czechia...

... :beer2: ...

sierra nevada bigfoot ale/barley wine. i used to cut with pours from a 16 oz cans of schmidt beer in order to make heaven last longer. two bigfoot ales and three animal beers make for the best five.

Tried to drink a six pack of Bigfoot one...that was a mistake

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Don't drink any of the beers in Costa Rica or Belize. They are essentially a poor version of Bud Light .

'68griz said:
Don't drink any of the beers in Costa Rica or Belize. They are essentially a poor version of Bud Light .
Although my coup attempt in Costa Rica sadly failed last year, if successful, my first decree would have been to nationalize the Imperial Beer Company. It might not be the greatest beer around but those people know how to serve it at 32.5 degrees.

Viva Cerveza Imperial!
lovemark-imperial-beer-standard-600x600.jpg

Knocked off the Rochefort 10 and St Bernardus 12 off the list today. Picked those up, as well as Grant Teton's American Sour (good sour), and the 2016 Abyss yesterday. Abyss went into storage.

...seriously..google it...
...cenosillicaphobiaphobia...
...the fear of running out of beer...

... :beer: ...

Ursa Major said:
'68griz said:
Although my coup attempt in Costa Rica sadly failed last year, if successful, my first decree would have been to nationalize the Imperial Beer Company. It might not be the greatest beer around but those people know how to serve it at 32.5 degrees.

Viva Cerveza Imperial!
lovemark-imperial-beer-standard-600x600.jpg
I admit, Imperial is the best beer in Costa Rica, but it's still awful.

MrTitleist said:
Knocked off the Rochefort 10 and St Bernardus 12 off the list today. Picked those up, as well as Grant Teton's American Sour (good sour), and the 2016 Abyss yesterday. Abyss went into storage.
Did you see there is the regular abyss and 2 special editions this year different from the 2 special editions they did last year? I'm getting a case of each tomorrow and splitting them between 4 of us. I'll anxiously wait for next year when I pop open a bottle.

Allezchat said:
MrTitleist said:
Did you see there is the regular abyss and 2 special editions this year different from the 2 special editions they did last year? I'm getting a case of each tomorrow and splitting them between 4 of us. I'll anxiously wait for next year when I pop open a bottle.
How in the world did you manage to score a case of each?

Allezchat said:
MrTitleist said:

I saw at the store the other day they had: Scotch, Brandy, and Cognac Barrel Aged Abyss

grizcountry420 said:
Allezchat said:
MrTitleist said:

I saw at the store the other day they had: Scotch, Brandy, and Cognac Barrel Aged Abyss
Cognac and rye are last year's. Scotch and Brandy are this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Didn't buy either of last year's, thinking about this year. You guys who all have last year's are lucky

Allezchat said:
grizcountry420 said:
Allezchat said:
MrTitleist said:

Cognac and rye are last year's. Scotch and Brandy are this year.

Thanks for the info! I wanna come drink beer with you..

:cool:

grizband said:
Allezchat said:
MrTitleist said:
How in the world did you manage to score a case of each?

An out of state friend knows a store that he can get it at.

grizband said:
Didn't buy either of last year's, thinking about this year. You guys who all have last year's are lucky

I really have never had a bad barrel aged beer from Deschutes. I haven't opened a bottle of last year's yet so I can't say how it is but I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a bottle of this year's if you can.

Allezchat said:
MrTitleist said:

I did notice that.. only got the regular bourbon barrel one for now. May go back and get the brandy version. I have both of last years in hiding still.

Back