• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Five Beers to Try Before I Die

Ursa Major said:
632BEER said:
Only one fore me...San Miguel Pale Pilsen. From the Philippines. Great, great beer IMHO.
Do they still put formaldehyde in it? A couple of Navy guys told me that, not sure if it's true. AZGrizFan?
I have never heard that and I was in the P.I. numerous times. I did hear that there are no regulations on the stuff they brew to be sold only in country.

632BEER said:
Only one fore me...San Miguel Pale Pilsen. From the Philippines. Great, great beer IMHO.
Every time I have had a cold beer in a tropical area, the beer has tasted extra good. I was in Cuba in Sept and the Crystal tasted excellent especially with my Cohiba cigar while listening to excellent Cuban music at an outside bar in Old Havana, but I am betting it would be a pretty average beer up here. Not saying your San Miguel wasn't excellent beer, but sometimes the environment does enhance flavor.

NativeGriz said:
632BEER said:
Every time I have had a cold beer in a tropical area, the beer has tasted extra good. I was in Cuba in Sept and the Crystal tasted excellent especially with my Cohiba cigar while listening to excellent Cuban music at an outside bar in Old Havana, but I am betting it would be a pretty average beer up here. Not saying your San Miguel wasn't excellent beer, but sometimes the environment does enhance flavor.
San MGoo isn't anything great, just like 99% of Island beer. The only thing that makes it taste good is that the weather is usually about a billion degrees with the same for humidity.

No particular order here, had to go with 10

Hofbrau Original
Weihenstephan Hefe
Blackfoot Gose
Schell's Cypress Blanc
Hofbräu Münchner Sommer Naturtrüb
Grainbelt
Kona Big Wave Golden Ale
Taj Mahal (with spicy Indian food)
Flatland Raspberry Weiss
Labatt Blue

polsongrizz said:
Grizzoola said:
Griz!ron said:
Polish beer, really, it is very good. You won't be able to pronounce the name though.
Budweiser for me. Closest domestic beer to the Germans. When in Prague, discovered Staropramen. Delightful, but rare in U.S. The original Budweiser was brewed in the Czech Republic.
If you speak with Czechs they are completely embarrassed that this family ruined their name. BTW, it is nothing close at all to German beer, hell it doesn't even come close to passing the Reinheitsgebot.
Well, ok. Can't argue w/ that. So, what domestic mass-produced beer to you recommend, instead? No lite beers, please. Czech beer is great!

A little story how I discovered Staropramen beer. It was very late at night when I arrived in Prague and searched for the place I was to stay. I found the place, locked. Wandered the street a bit, dragging my bag behind me. Finally found a good place. Checked in, got settled, then went out to get something to eat.

Came across an underground Czech tavern & knew it served food. Went downstairs. Inside, the place was busy, smoked filled, and noisy. Immediately catching my eye was a topless barmaid, going about her business. I think Eastern European women have the best breasts; after all, Trump married one.

Of course, I gave my order and a beer, Staropramen, as it turned out. No, I was not in sight of the barmaid all the time. The waitress who served me was fully clothed. I insist it was not because of the topless barmaid that I liked Staropromen! No one knows good beer or fine breasts, unless they have been in Eastern Europe!

Grizzoola said:
polsongrizz said:
Grizzoola said:
Griz!ron said:
Polish beer, really, it is very good. You won't be able to pronounce the name though.
Budweiser for me. Closest domestic beer to the Germans. When in Prague, discovered Staropramen. Delightful, but rare in U.S. The original Budweiser was brewed in the Czech Republic.
If you speak with Czechs they are completely embarrassed that this family ruined their name. BTW, it is nothing close at all to German beer, hell it doesn't even come close to passing the Reinheitsgebot.
Well, ok. Can't argue w/ that. So, what domestic mass-produced beer to you recommend, instead? No lite beers, please. Czech beer is great!

A little story how I discovered Staropramen beer. It was very late at night when I arrived in Prague and searched for the place I was to stay. I found the place, locked. Wandered the street a bit, dragging my bag behind me. Finally found a good place. Checked in, got settled, then went out to get something to eat.

Came across an underground Czech tavern & knew it served food. Went downstairs. Inside, the place was busy, smoked filled, and noisy. Immediately catching my eye was a topless barmaid, going about her business. I think Eastern European women have the best breasts; after all, Trump married one.

Of course, I gave my order and a beer, Staropramen, as it turned out. No, I was not in sight of the barmaid all the time. The waitress who served me was fully clothed. I insist it was not because of the topless barmaid that I liked Staropromen! No one knows good beer or fine breasts, unless they have been in Eastern Europe!
None of them...?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

While in Osaka or Okinawa, there is nothing like shooting Saki and chasing it down with a Sapporo.

Sapporo Breweries Limited is a Japanese brewery founded in 1876. It is the oldest brand of beer in Japan. It was first brewed in Sapporo, Japan in 1876 by brewer Seibei Nakagawa.

Sapporo Draft (Premium in North America) is the #1 selling Asian beer in the US, since 1984.

The_Real_Chief said:
The only 5 beers I drink, don't care about trying any others.

1.) Keystone Light
2.) Busch Light
3.) Pabst Blue Ribbon
4.) Icehouse
5.) Natty Light

To each his own, but your own is most definitely the Mount Rushmore of nasty piss water.

I'm kind of on a Newcastle Brown Ale kick.

Newcastle Brown Ale is perceived in the UK as a working-man's beer, with a long association with heavy industry, the traditional economic staple of the North East of England. In export markets, it is seen as a trendy, premium import and is predominantly drunk by the young. It was one of the first beers to be distributed in a clear glass bottle and it is most readily associated with this form of dispense in the UK.

Per capita beer consumption 2012

Rank Country Litres
1 Czech Republic 148
2 Austria 107
3 Germany 106
4 Estonia 102
5 Republic of Ireland 98
5 Poland 98
14 USA 77
18 Belgium 74
22 UK 68

Htowngriz said:
The_Real_Chief said:

1.) Keystone Light
2.) Busch Light
3.) Pabst Blue Ribbon
4.) Icehouse
5.) Natty Light

To each his own, but your own is most definitely the Mount Rushmore of nasty piss water.

You took the words right off my keyboard.

daGrizJ said:
Htowngriz said:
The_Real_Chief said:

1.) Keystone Light
2.) Busch Light
3.) Pabst Blue Ribbon
4.) Icehouse
5.) Natty Light

You took the words right off my keyboard.
Mine too.

The_Real_Chief said:

1.) Keystone Light
2.) Busch Light
3.) Pabst Blue Ribbon
4.) Icehouse
5.) Natty Light

It's not that I agree, it's that I respect the shit out of this post if you're being serious. Drink what you like.

Could not have said it better myself..

I'd probably drink a pabst, if you handed me one..

I like good scotch though....names nick..

Is this place fun again? Hope so..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR_Si0zaRwY[/youtube]

CDAGRIZ said:
The_Real_Chief said:

1.) Keystone Light
2.) Busch Light
3.) Pabst Blue Ribbon
4.) Icehouse
5.) Natty Light

It's not that I agree, it's that I respect the shit out of this post if you're being serious. Drink what you like.

When i'm at a Griz game I like to drink what i drank when I was a student, just for old time sakes.

As much as I'd like to focus on D2's discussion of "fine breasts," there is more important subject matter to address.

The Germans have heavily influenced Mexican beer making:

"The industry truly began to develop in the latter half of the 19th century, due to an influx of German immigrants to Mexico and the short-lived Second Mexican Empire headed by emperor Maximilian I of Mexico of the House of Habsburg, an Austro-Germanic ruling family. The emperor had his own brewer, who produced Vienna-style dark beers. This influence can be seen in two popular brands of Negra Modelo and Dos Equis Amber."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_in_Mexico

Same with San Miguel and the Philippines:

"Under a royal grant from Spain, Don Enrique María Barretto de Ycaza y Esteban opened La Fabrica de Cerveza de San Miguel, Southeast Asia's first brewery, on September 29, 1890 at 6 Calzada de Malacañan in Manila, near the Malacañan Palace, the then-residence of the Governor-General of the Philippines. The trade-name San Miguel, originates from the local brewery of San Miguel, Barcelona, Spain. He named the company after the section of Manila in which he lived and worked. Besides the flagship brew, it also produced several brews that almost all disappeared, including Double Bock, Cerveza Negra, Foreign Stout, Gold Ribbon, Extra Stout, Imported Pilsner Type, and Super Bock.

Barretto was soon joined by Pedro Pablo Roxas, who brought with him a German brewmaster, Ludwig Kiene, as technical director. San Miguel's brew won its first major award at 1895's Philippines Regional Exposition. After six years of operation, the fledgling brewery was outselling imported brands five to one. At the outbreak of World War I, San Miguel was exporting its beer to Hong Kong, Shanghai and Guam. The company was incorporated in 1913."

They're damn good Pilsners (lagers).

AllWeatherFan said:
As much as I'd like to focus on D2's discussion of "fine breasts," there is more important subject matter to address.

I'm surprised there isn't a call for two domes placed very closely together.

Ursa Major said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I'm surprised there isn't a call for two domes placed very closely together.

The old San Onofre Stadium

carousel05.jpg

Latest posts

Back