• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Five Beers to Try Before I Die

Allezchat said:
I can't go to great falls without spending at least $50.

You've made history. I hereby submit that that has never been typed (or expressed via alternate media) in the history of the World.

grizfnz said:
df0d7e7e9062738eab027fa40e2450d3.jpg

I've had the Westy 12 so my 5
would be.

Pliny the Younger
3 Floyds Dark Lord
Cantillon
Carton Brewing - Regular Coffee
Anything from The Rare Barrel

Westy 12 is considered by many to be the best beer in the world, damn near impossible to get in the US, but absolutely astonishing. Rochefort 10 is also a darn good dark strong ale. St. Bernarus 12 is right up there. You can get both at Worden's. I haven't found an American beer that can touch Belgium beer ( although I am drinking an Alpenglow, which is a Belgium triple by Great Northern Brewing, as I type this. Close.) Yes, I am a beer snob.

daGrizJ said:
Westy 12 is considered by many to be the best beer in the world, damn near impossible to get in the US, but absolutely astonishing. Rochefort 10 is also a darn good dark strong ale. St. Bernarus 12 is right up there. You can get both at Worden's. I haven't found an American beer that can touch Belgium beer ( although I am drinking an Alpenglow, which is a Belgium triple by Great Northern Brewing, as I type this. Close.) Yes, I am a beer snob.

What type of beer is St Bernardus 12?

MrTitleist said:
daGrizJ said:

It's a quad or, what they call a strong dark ale. Very malty, with several subtle flavors. All three I mentioned are made by monks at Belgium monastaries.

What type of beer is St Bernardus 12?[/quote]

...st.bernardus is a beer named after a dog...
...st.amandus patron saint of beer/bartenders...
...creator of monasticism..fascinating dude...

... :beer2: ...

cc43fab34518b427848599f895cb66ca.jpg
The bottle on the left was Westy 12. That particular day was a very good day of drinking.

zengriz said:

...st.bernardus is a beer named after a dog...
...st.amandus patron saint of beer/bartenders...
...creator of monasticism..fascinating dude...

... :beer2: ...[/quote]

....The man of Zen speaks the truth...
....both were revered for their brew...
....but only one of them...
....could lick his own balls...

grizfnz said:
cc43fab34518b427848599f895cb66ca.jpg
The bottle on the left was Westy 12. That particular day was a very good day of drinking.
I have a couple bottles of the Nice chouffe. Haven't had the mc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

daGrizJ said:
MrTitleist said:
daGrizJ said:

It's a quad or, what they call a strong dark ale. Very malty, with several subtle flavors. All three I mentioned are made by monks at Belgium monastaries.

Looks like I'm going hunting!

Grizzoola said:
Griz!ron said:
Polish beer, really, it is very good. You won't be able to pronounce the name though.
Budweiser for me. Closest domestic beer to the Germans. When in Prague, discovered Staropramen. Delightful, but rare in U.S. The original Budweiser was brewed in the Czech Republic.
If you speak with Czechs they are completely embarrassed that this family ruined their name. BTW, it is nothing close at all to German beer, hell it doesn't even come close to passing the Reinheitsgebot.

polsongrizz said:
Grizzoola said:
Griz!ron said:
Polish beer, really, it is very good. You won't be able to pronounce the name though.
Budweiser for me. Closest domestic beer to the Germans. When in Prague, discovered Staropramen. Delightful, but rare in U.S. The original Budweiser was brewed in the Czech Republic.
If you speak with Czechs they are completely embarrassed that this family ruined their name. BTW, it is nothing close at all to German beer, hell it doesn't even come close to passing the Reinheitsgebot.
This

Also, I don't believe Budvar is considered one of their top beers

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MrTitleist said:
daGrizJ said:
MrTitleist said:
daGrizJ said:

If you are lucky I still have a bottle of Westy 12. My nephew gave me one, I have no idea if I drank it or not yet.

daGrizJ said:
grizfnz said:

would be.

Pliny the Younger
3 Floyds Dark Lord
Cantillon

I drank a five year old Dark Lord a few weeks ago with my nephew. It didn't live up to its billing, not even close.

polsongrizz said:
Grizzoola said:
Griz!ron said:
Fuck German beer. Every time I drink it I wake up angry with an overwhelming desire to invade Poland.

Alright, that's a lie. I love all beer.

Sorry.

Here's one for you, what's your favorite Asian beer? Gotta go Asahi Super Dry and then Singha.

polsongrizz said:
daGrizJ said:
grizfnz said:

would be.

Pliny the Younger
3 Floyds Dark Lord
Cantillon

I drank a five year old Dark Lord a few weeks ago with my nephew. It didn't live up to its billing, not even close.
bd11d50be849a22b9d2c6816b2d1f156.jpg

One of my current favorites, and one is about all a guy can drink in a session.

The only 5 beers I drink, don't care about trying any others.

1.) Keystone Light
2.) Busch Light
3.) Pabst Blue Ribbon
4.) Icehouse
5.) Natty Light

daGrizJ said:
grizfnz said:

would be.

Pliny the Younger
3 Floyds Dark Lord
Cantillon

I haven't found an American beer that can touch Belgium beer.

This.

632BEER said:
Only one fore me...San Miguel Pale Pilsen. From the Philippines. Great, great beer IMHO.
Do they still put formaldehyde in it? A couple of Navy guys told me that, not sure if it's true. AZGrizFan?

polsongrizz said:
MrTitleist said:
daGrizJ said:
MrTitleist said:

If you are lucky I still have a bottle of Westy 12. My nephew gave me one, I have no idea if I drank it or not yet.
You are in luck. I just went through my stash and I found one bottle of Westvertelen 12...

Back