• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fire him

Phat Cat said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Phat Cat said:
Miss Ty yet?
No.... I for one miss a complete coaching staff with qualified coaches at their respective positions. For example, semore imo is no more than a high school quality quadinator and ty Gregorak no more than a career linebackers coach who in tragic year of dipshittery at the highest levels of the um administration was thrust into a position he'd never proven himself adequate to coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm damn glad you guy's don't miss him. We sure in the hell love him and feel lucky to have him. Thank You.

he's not going to be pleased you're taking a break from blowing him. Im sure you're still working him over though. Im guessing your wrist strength is epic

Anyone blaming fans are jackasses. If the team needs fans to win, they're screwed on the road. Recently they've had a problem with relying on home games.

Maybe I'm just drunk but..."Champion's Center". That's a good one. The entire defensive coaching staff should donate their weeks pay to the Gateway Project. Son of a bitch.

snap said:
Maybe I'm just drunk but..."Champion's Center". That's a good one. The entire defensive coaching staff should donate their weeks pay to the Gateway Project. Son of a bitch.
Semore needs to go. The qb throws for 550, and they can't run. He's a shit coordinator.

All time worst defense. I'm still drinking.....trying to get some of that vitamin e deficiency dementia to forget what a worthless second half that piss poor team played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inland NW Griz said:
snap said:
Semore needs to go. The qb throws for 550, and they can't run. He's a shit coordinator.

I truly wanted to believe, but you're right. It's a bitter pill to swallow but Semore has to be relieved of his duties immediately.

Wow. Sorry I missed this game. I saw it was looking like it would be a blowout by you guys and didn't bother finding a bar to watch it in. If fact when my future girlfriend Amie tweeted there were still 300 tickets available I should've got a ticket to the game since I was up in the area.

The whole stitt/semore thing reminds me alot of ash/Marshall. Maybe next year Stitt hires an all-time griz great to "co-dc" with semore but it's only for pretend. (Btw, my phone wants to autocorrect semore to demote. Take of that what you want) And the whole recruit offensive players to the detriment of the defense....classic ash. You guys will be so screwed if Stitt gets fired. The new guy would come in with so many wide receivers they wouldn't know what to do with them.

I hope Stitt does just good enough to keep his job. I like seeing games like this. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

grizd said:
Stitt does his defense no favors. He runs as many plays as possible momentum and score be damned. No defense can consistently perform when they are on the field so much and no d coordinator worth a damn wants to try and prove otherwise. Mike Leach, Hal Mumme, and others have proved this over and over. If all you want us points you be got your man. If you want to win, keep looking.

Said this past few years - hurry up and get the ball back to the other team so they can score. Drives me f*** crazy! No ball control, because we don't run very well. Then there's the defense.

I love my Griz, will always be with them no matter what, but it's frustrating for sure.

As a concerned Cat fan, I want to weigh in and say that we think you have a great one in the rough. He is innovative, exciting, and has the ear of the NFL coaching colleagues who call him for new offensive plays. You need to let him develop into an FCS coach, because until he gets his guys in the program, and his staff together like he wants, you're only going to be chasing greener grass when right in your own staff room you have your answers!

Catsrback76 said:
As a concerned Cat fan, I want to weigh in and say that we think you have a great one in the rough. He is innovative, exciting, and has the ear of the NFL coaching colleagues who call him for new offensive plays. You need to let him develop into an FCS coach, because until he gets his guys in the program, and his staff together like he wants, you're only going to be chasing greener grass when right in your own staff room you have your answers!

There is nothing innovative about Stitt's Air Raid offense. His "innovation" was a one trick pony with his variation on the fly sweep. If you think Stitt and Semore have any talent then you are on drugs. Unless you are being sarcastic. In that case, F you.

Just started watching the presser from stitt. The way he starts out I think he's probably giving out participation medals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
timjayko said:
Honestly I think the biggest problem these last couple years have been our inability to win close games like this one turned out to be in the end. I feel that a major issue with our team over the years has been responding to adversity and making adjustments on the coaching side of things. EWU kept burning through our defense in the 2nd half and I don't feel like our D coordinator and ultimately defense adjusted our formation enough to respond to their play calling... do we ever use 3 linemen formation? If so I feel there were a few key plays tonight where adjusting our formation (drop a linemen or LB and add an extra DB) could have really helped us out. At the end of the day though it comes down to our players not making the plays they needed to and failure to execute on the football field. So yeah can't fully blame the coaches and I'm not meaning to here.. but hey Stitt and company did help recruit a lot of these guys right? I say if we fail to make the playoffs this year his a** is grass and back to the drawing board...XD

Agreed in principle (to the extra DB thing), but when the quality of player you're adding is at the Epperly/Cowans level, I'm not sure you're making the defense better. The thinness of our defensive backfield will be the Achilles heel of this team all year.

The pass rush disappearing in the second half didn't help them any.

That's what is called halftime adjustments on ewu's part

PDXGrizzly said:
Catsrback76 said:

There is nothing innovative about Stitt's Air Raid offense. His "innovation" was a one trick pony with his variation on the fly sweep. If you think Stitt and Semore have any talent then you are on drugs. Unless you are being sarcastic. In that case, F you.

Simply returning the favor PDX! During Ash's final 2 years we were fortunate to receive the very same advice from concerned Griz fans coming over frequently, and even now at times, to wish us well with our coaching dilemma. It was a comforting to hear then what you are hearing now! At any rate, you'll be fine, better days are coming...and it is not yet, the end of the world!

I came to the realization last night that I am just like am enabling spouse of an alcoholic. I was a huge fan of the Stitt hire because of his offensive reputation and the idea of spreading out the offense to throw the ball. A more modern offense would surely attract more recruits, namely the ones that are now going to Eastern instead of Montana. Well we have a spread offense that has shown flashes but in reality most of the production is between the 20s and for 2+ years the red zone has been a bit of a struggle. Recruiting had gone well and Stitt definitely has his players all over the field and the just are failing to progress. I have defended him and his decision making for 2 years now because I firmly believe Stitt was the coach to bring Montana back to relevance. Montana can make the playoffs with and 8-3 record and Stitt will probably save his job if they do so but who here really thinks this team can win 6 of their last 7? And by the way when was just making the playoffs good enough?

TCCGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
timjayko said:
Honestly I think the biggest problem these last couple years have been our inability to win close games like this one turned out to be in the end. I feel that a major issue with our team over the years has been responding to adversity and making adjustments on the coaching side of things. EWU kept burning through our defense in the 2nd half and I don't feel like our D coordinator and ultimately defense adjusted our formation enough to respond to their play calling... do we ever use 3 linemen formation? If so I feel there were a few key plays tonight where adjusting our formation (drop a linemen or LB and add an extra DB) could have really helped us out. At the end of the day though it comes down to our players not making the plays they needed to and failure to execute on the football field. So yeah can't fully blame the coaches and I'm not meaning to here.. but hey Stitt and company did help recruit a lot of these guys right? I say if we fail to make the playoffs this year his a** is grass and back to the drawing board...XD

Agreed in principle (to the extra DB thing), but when the quality of player you're adding is at the Epperly/Cowans level, I'm not sure you're making the defense better. The thinness of our defensive backfield will be the Achilles heel of this team all year.

The pass rush disappearing in the second half didn't help them any.

That's what is called halftime adjustments on ewu's part

And that our defense was on the field way too much in the 2nd half and they got gassed..

Sorry folks, ex-player here but this isn't going to get better. This is all coaching. Every championship level team the griz had a nasty defense. At no point did we as defensive players ever considered, think about the crowd as a factor. We wanted the fans to experience our passion, desire and grit. Standing on the field not being able to hear yourself yell was a reward for us. It is so offensive to hear players, coaches, athletic department blame the fans. At no point did we give a shit that the fans were getting tanked outside during the 3rd quarter.

That mic'd up segment should cement this guys career at Montana. Stitt hasnt recruited Montana. Letting ex griz kids suit up for the cats because they are to interested in "3 star recruits." Stittwouldnt recruit most of the griz greats.
He can't motivate and isn't bringing in a guy like Dave Doeren. Who Is the most underrated Montana coach.

onrasekt said:
I came to the realization last night that I am just like am enabling spouse of an alcoholic. I was a huge fan of the Stitt hire because of his offensive reputation and the idea of spreading out the offense to throw the ball. A more modern offense would surely attract more recruits, namely the ones that are now going to Eastern instead of Montana. Well we have a spread offense that has shown flashes but in reality most of the production is between the 20s and for 2+ years the red zone has been a bit of a struggle. Recruiting had gone well and Stitt definitely has his players all over the field and the just are failing to progress. I have defended him and his decision making for 2 years now because I firmly believe Stitt was the coach to bring Montana back to relevance. Montana can make the playoffs with and 8-3 record and Stitt will probably save his job if they do so but who here really thinks this team can win 6 of their last 7? And by the way when was just making the playoffs good enough?
Sorry but this team has scored on every trip it has taken into the RZ I believe. Offense isn't the problem

George Ferguson said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I wonder how much more leniency Stitt would get if he was from a strong Butte family with Montana ties . . .

BOOM. CDA, that's a legit and completely valid question. But alas, many will not answer it truthfully. And, I guess they don't have to since Stitt is from Nebraska. He's also a Joe Glenn disciple, and one of Glenn's closest friends. Glenn will NOT be happy if Stitt were to be fired. How do I know? Because I point blanked asked him that question at the MCA this summer. He's behind Stitt 150 percent. You know who else is? Another guy that always gets a lot of love on here. MVD. He and Stitt are very tight.

Or Big Timber.

Latest posts

Back