• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fire him

AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:
GoldenEagle said:
dayday said:
I think Stitt has the team in the right direction but yeah tough loss. Might taking making playoffs to save his job, which means we need to pick up our play. I'd say let's stay positive. Griz fans are fickle. I think us playing so flat in the the 3rd can be attributed to fans more worried about getting drunk than the team. Be a better fan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what i've been saying for a long time now. Your fans are too old, and/or too drunk.

No, they are not even in the stadium, and the team notices it. Its the one thing that former players will say bothers them the most.

I predicted 5-6 wins in conference. We still got 7 left. Weber and MSU are starting to look like the toughest. I do think that Stitt may get one more year regardless, but he's going to need to do 2 things, one is higher an OC, and two let Semore go - who is simply not ready to be a DC yet.

There has to be money for an OC...not sure that exists. And I doubt Semore gets canned...

If he wants to be loyal to Semore, that's great. It's a quality of a true friend. Then they can be loyal to each other in the unemployment line.

If Semore remains it shows Stitt can't make the tough decisions necessary to move on. Total failure on his part and there is no arguement Semore is not the defensively coordinator to move through the big sky. And yes this team misses Tye. Stitt is a homer when it comes to this discussion. Semore blew it Big!

This is another awesome thread. Stitt hiring an OC...funny. Stitt firing Semore...why, they are now tied to the hip. If one goes they both go.

PDXGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
ordigger said:
GoldenEagle said:
This is what i've been saying for a long time now. Your fans are too old, and/or too drunk.

No, they are not even in the stadium, and the team notices it. Its the one thing that former players will say bothers them the most.

I predicted 5-6 wins in conference. We still got 7 left. Weber and MSU are starting to look like the toughest. I do think that Stitt may get one more year regardless, but he's going to need to do 2 things, one is higher an OC, and two let Semore go - who is simply not ready to be a DC yet.

There has to be money for an OC...not sure that exists. And I doubt Semore gets canned...

If he wants to be loyal to Semore, that's great. It's a quality of a true friend. Then they can be loyal to each other in the unemployment line.

And if we go 6-5 this year it's highly likely that will be the case.

Am I sick to my stomach? You bet. Would I be averse to replacing Semore. No. But it does look to me like we could use some better players in the secondary, and maybe as we build depth after the scholarship sanction we'll get them.

And we were facing the FCS player of the year who owns the all-time FCS record for yardage in a season. So there is that...

We lost to a what ranked team by how many with a freshman first time starter QB wt the helm? Just left game, I knew once EWU figured out where our weaknesses we're on D we were screwed.

Gresch has big potential. Lots of drops. D needs some direction and depth at a couple spots. Not he end of the world. I would have been surprised with a win and disappointed with a blowout by EWU. It just stings a bit more since we actually could have won the darn thing.

That is all.

dayday said:
I think Stitt has the team in the right direction but yeah tough loss. Might taking making playoffs to save his job, which means we need to pick up our play. I'd say let's stay positive. Griz fans are fickle. I think us playing so flat in the the 3rd can be attributed to fans more worried about getting drunk than the team. Be a better fan...

Most delusional post ever. Go home superman your drunk!!

Stitt does his defense no favors. He runs as many plays as possible momentum and score be damned. No defense can consistently perform when they are on the field so much and no d coordinator worth a damn wants to try and prove otherwise. Mike Leach, Hal Mumme, and others have proved this over and over. If all you want us points you be got your man. If you want to win, keep looking.

I thought the offense looked pretty good. dropped passes and freshman decisions made the difference. This will improve. Unfortunately, Stitt will have to decide whether he wants to be a winner at this level and be at UM or let lose of a friend. I'm not envious of the tough decision he has to make, but he has to let Semore go at the end of the season. Firing Stitt is a mistake that we won't recover from for years and years. He has good players, a great foundation and is going in the right direction. Patience is really important here.

signedbewildered said:
We lost to a what ranked team by how many with a freshman first time starter QB wt the helm? Just left game, I knew once EWU figured out where our weaknesses we're on D we were screwed.

Gresch has big potential. Lots of drops. D needs some direction and depth at a couple spots. Not he end of the world. I would have been surprised with a win and disappointed with a blowout by EWU. It just stings a bit more since we actually could have won the darn thing.

That is all.

Perfect post

2-2 is where we're at. Period. If Stitt gets this team to the playoffs he should be extended but if not it's a tougher decision I'd still give him another year for the stability stake I can't take us losing recruits and turning over a roster again for a new staff

Honestly I think the biggest problem these last couple years have been our inability to win close games like this one turned out to be in the end. I feel that a major issue with our team over the years has been responding to adversity and making adjustments on the coaching side of things. EWU kept burning through our defense in the 2nd half and I don't feel like our D coordinator and ultimately defense adjusted our formation enough to respond to their play calling... do we ever use 3 linemen formation? If so I feel there were a few key plays tonight where adjusting our formation (drop a linemen or LB and add an extra DB) could have really helped us out. At the end of the day though it comes down to our players not making the plays they needed to and failure to execute on the football field. So yeah can't fully blame the coaches and I'm not meaning to here.. but hey Stitt and company did help recruit a lot of these guys right? I say if we fail to make the playoffs this year his a** is grass and back to the drawing board...XD

HelenaHandBasket said:
Inland NW Griz said:
grizd said:
Phat Cat said:
Miss Ty yet?

No, stitt was just as bad of a head coach with him.
So starting a freshman and scoring, and the shit show that is Jason Semore is bad? Semore is terrible. He should be a position coach on a division 3 team

But with Stitt, Ty was not the answer. Too much friction for it to work.
I agree, the Griz need to find the answer

timjayko said:
Honestly I think the biggest problem these last couple years have been our inability to win close games like this one turned out to be in the end. I feel that a major issue with our team over the years has been responding to adversity and making adjustments on the coaching side of things. EWU kept burning through our defense in the 2nd half and I don't feel like our D coordinator and ultimately defense adjusted our formation enough to respond to their play calling... do we ever use 3 linemen formation? If so I feel there were a few key plays tonight where adjusting our formation (drop a linemen or LB and add an extra DB) could have really helped us out. At the end of the day though it comes down to our players not making the plays they needed to and failure to execute on the football field. So yeah can't fully blame the coaches and I'm not meaning to here.. but hey Stitt and company did help recruit a lot of these guys right? I say if we fail to make the playoffs this year his a** is grass and back to the drawing board...XD

Agreed in principle (to the extra DB thing), but when the quality of player you're adding is at the Epperly/Cowans level, I'm not sure you're making the defense better. The thinness of our defensive backfield will be the Achilles heel of this team all year.

grizcycling said:
I thought the offense looked pretty good. dropped passes and freshman decisions made the difference. This will improve. Unfortunately, Stitt will have to decide whether he wants to be a winner at this level and be at UM or let lose of a friend. I'm not envious of the tough decision he has to make, but he has to let Semore go at the end of the season. Firing Stitt is a mistake that we won't recover from for years and years. He has good players, a great foundation and is going in the right direction. Patience is really important here.

Couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. He is Mike Leach. Won't be a winner, will be average just like he was at CSM.

AZGrizFan said:
timjayko said:

Agreed in principle (to the extra DB thing), but when the quality of player you're adding is at the Epperly/Cowans level, I'm not sure you're making the defense better. The thinness of our defensive backfield will be the Achilles heel of this team all year.

The pass rush disappearing in the second half didn't help them any.

Can't argue with the criticism. It's deserved. HOWEVER, we are 2-2 and with 5 more wins we can get some playoffs. Let's save the ax until we see what this young team does. Let's try to stay positive being a fan isn't always easy but through thick and thin you have to support these kids they need us and deserve it. They work hard.

AZGrizFan said:
The thinness of our defensive backfield will be the Achilles heel of this team all year.

Yep, I'm still advocating for our stud true freshman safety to be worked into the rotation. And is it just me, or could we use more players (besides JLM) who make the OTHER team's tacklers miss sometimes? Maybe Moses can lead us to the promised land...?

Every time I watch an FBS game I'm surprised at how many true freshmen are on the field...but I guess if the coaches know these guys aren't ready, I have to respect that...but it's their jobs on the line, so I hope they're sure!

Back