• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fire him

AZGrizFan said:
timjayko said:
Honestly I think the biggest problem these last couple years have been our inability to win close games like this one turned out to be in the end. I feel that a major issue with our team over the years has been responding to adversity and making adjustments on the coaching side of things. EWU kept burning through our defense in the 2nd half and I don't feel like our D coordinator and ultimately defense adjusted our formation enough to respond to their play calling... do we ever use 3 linemen formation? If so I feel there were a few key plays tonight where adjusting our formation (drop a linemen or LB and add an extra DB) could have really helped us out. At the end of the day though it comes down to our players not making the plays they needed to and failure to execute on the football field. So yeah can't fully blame the coaches and I'm not meaning to here.. but hey Stitt and company did help recruit a lot of these guys right? I say if we fail to make the playoffs this year his a** is grass and back to the drawing board...XD

Agreed in principle (to the extra DB thing), but when the quality of player you're adding is at the Epperly/Cowans level, I'm not sure you're making the defense better. The thinness of our defensive backfield will be the Achilles heel of this team all year.

Yeah that's what I figured. Since that's the case then MT really needs to work on our defensive recruiting!! Maybe try to reach out to other regions for some good DB's? Can we please recruit a couple young Trumaine Johnson caliber players? Pretty please Santa that's my wishlist this year...

timjayko said:
AZGrizFan said:
timjayko said:
Honestly I think the biggest problem these last couple years have been our inability to win close games like this one turned out to be in the end. I feel that a major issue with our team over the years has been responding to adversity and making adjustments on the coaching side of things. EWU kept burning through our defense in the 2nd half and I don't feel like our D coordinator and ultimately defense adjusted our formation enough to respond to their play calling... do we ever use 3 linemen formation? If so I feel there were a few key plays tonight where adjusting our formation (drop a linemen or LB and add an extra DB) could have really helped us out. At the end of the day though it comes down to our players not making the plays they needed to and failure to execute on the football field. So yeah can't fully blame the coaches and I'm not meaning to here.. but hey Stitt and company did help recruit a lot of these guys right? I say if we fail to make the playoffs this year his a** is grass and back to the drawing board...XD

Agreed in principle (to the extra DB thing), but when the quality of player you're adding is at the Epperly/Cowans level, I'm not sure you're making the defense better. The thinness of our defensive backfield will be the Achilles heel of this team all year.

Yeah that's what I figured. Since that's the case then MT really needs to work on our defensive recruiting!! Maybe try to reach out to other regions for some good DB's? Can we please recruit a couple young Trumaine Johnson caliber players? Pretty please Santa that's my wishlist this year...

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, if only we could have a couple Tru's out there every year! :D

In my view Stitt has not shown any evidence that he has improved from last years dismal performance; whatever was wrong with him then, is wrong with him now; to blame this on a shortage of fans in the 3rd quarter means we would never win a road game; I don't know what is wrong, but it lies on his head and he has not shown any capability of being able to learn from his mistakes. There is a reason he was given a three year contract: he would be expected to make a credible showing during that time that he is a capable FCS head coach; if not, then he should hit the road. I, for one, am not afraid to bring in some hungry young coach and give him a try. At the very least he should fire both the offensive and defensive coordinators; he could still wear his green cap; your friend, yogi

yogi said:
In my view Stitt has not shown any evidence that he has improved from last years dismal performance; whatever was wrong with him then, is wrong with him now; to blame this on a shortage of fans in the 3rd quarter means we would never win a road game; I don't know what is wrong, but it lies on his head and he has not shown any capability of being able to learn from his mistakes. There is a reason he was given a three year contract: he would be expected to make a credible showing during that time that he is a capable FCS head coach; if not, then he should hit the road. I, for one, am not afraid to bring in some hungry young coach and give him a try. At the very least he should fire both the offensive and defensive coordinators; he could still wear his green cap; your friend, yogi
yes there is a reason he was only given a three-year contract, that is the maximum length of contract allowed by the board of regents.

yogi said:

I don't know how much say Stitt has on the offensive schemes but if most of the offensive strategy comes from his mind, then I hate to say this: Stitt's offense seems a little too primitive to work at this division 1 level. It often seems like our offense is able to execute plays in the 1st half of football games, but teams are able to adjust their defenses on us and close up most of our down the field pass plays, thus resulting in a lot of check down passes that end up going little to nowhere...

Gametime said:
Fix it or I will no longer spend my $8,000 on season tickets. The end

How many f"in seats do you have? Our six seats in Bozo are from the 43 to the 50 in the gold section. With booster fee's $3500. I know the smart ass answer, it's the Cats. But for real. How many seats do you have? 8,000 bills is a lot of loot.

grizd said:
grizcycling said:
I thought the offense looked pretty good. dropped passes and freshman decisions made the difference. This will improve. Unfortunately, Stitt will have to decide whether he wants to be a winner at this level and be at UM or let lose of a friend. I'm not envious of the tough decision he has to make, but he has to let Semore go at the end of the season. Firing Stitt is a mistake that we won't recover from for years and years. He has good players, a great foundation and is going in the right direction. Patience is really important here.

Couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. He is Mike Leach. Won't be a winner, will be average just like he was at CSM.
I don't think so. He's recruiting good players although there certainly could be improvement in the secondary. He hasn't really had any serious off field situations. Academic performance is important to him. The team has great positive energy. UM has been universally down trodden for the last 5 years and I staring to see positive stuff happening. Stitt will be a contributor to this if we all get behind the effort instead of being non constructively critical. Finally I ask you, where are we going to find someone better than Bob Stitt? Do you have someone in mind?

Fahque said:
yogi said:
yes there is a reason he was only given a three-year contract, that is the maximum length of contract allowed by the board of regents.

Get the criticism but also only four games into the year with a freshman QB that wasn't supposed to start. I think this team has the heart to rally from this and least make the playoffs at least. And honestly don't think it was all on Stitt I'm sure he gave the kids the message at half but I mean Eastern's first score the stadium was silent and let them in the game and it was the turning point. Too bad half the fans weren't able to make noise in those crucial situations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phat Cat said:
Gametime said:
Fix it or I will no longer spend my $8,000 on season tickets. The end

How many f"in seats do you have? Our six seats in Bozo are from the 43 to the 50 in the gold section. With booster fee's $3500. I know the smart ass answer, it's the Cats. But for real. How many seats do you have? 8,000 bills is a lot of loot.

It sounds better than $800...

grizd said:
grizcycling said:
I thought the offense looked pretty good. dropped passes and freshman decisions made the difference. This will improve. Unfortunately, Stitt will have to decide whether he wants to be a winner at this level and be at UM or let lose of a friend. I'm not envious of the tough decision he has to make, but he has to let Semore go at the end of the season. Firing Stitt is a mistake that we won't recover from for years and years. He has good players, a great foundation and is going in the right direction. Patience is really important here.

Couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. He is Mike Leach. Won't be a winner, will be average just like he was at CSM.

He's not Mike Leech.. Leech is currently winning well with WSU and he also likes to talk about pirates! Stitt doesn't like to talk about pirates.. therefore he is not Mike Leech!

grizcycling said:
grizd said:
grizcycling said:

I don't think so. He's recruiting good players although there certainly could be improvement in the secondary. He hasn't really had any serious off field situations. Academic performance is important to him. The team has great positive energy. UM has been universally down trodden for the last 5 years and I staring to see positive stuff happening. Stitt will be a contributor to this if we all get behind the effort instead of being non constructively critical. Finally I ask you, where are we going to find someone better than Bob Stitt? Do you have someone in mind?

Bobby. Plus he's very kind when he buy's me a beer. Unlike his brother. Tim is very, very rude. That's why his free beer's, taste so much better.

dayday said:
GoldenEagle said:
dayday said:
I think Stitt has the team in the right direction but yeah tough loss. Might taking making playoffs to save his job, which means we need to pick up our play. I'd say let's stay positive. Griz fans are fickle. I think us playing so flat in the the 3rd can be attributed to fans more worried about getting drunk than the team. Be a better fan...

This is what i've been saying for a long time now. Your fans are too old, and/or too drunk.

I'd say when the stadium was half full at the beginning of the 3rd and they scored easy was a BIG turning point from making it a blow out to an actual game so yes fans energy and noise could have helped a lot....

Bullshit. What if we were in Cheney? Blame the crowd for that too?

Nobody should be disappointed, we are the sixth rank team in the BSC, and both of our coordinators, showed us why.

Fushiznitz said:
dayday said:
GoldenEagle said:
dayday said:
I think Stitt has the team in the right direction but yeah tough loss. Might taking making playoffs to save his job, which means we need to pick up our play. I'd say let's stay positive. Griz fans are fickle. I think us playing so flat in the the 3rd can be attributed to fans more worried about getting drunk than the team. Be a better fan...

This is what i've been saying for a long time now. Your fans are too old, and/or too drunk.

I'd say when the stadium was half full at the beginning of the 3rd and they scored easy was a BIG turning point from making it a blow out to an actual game so yes fans energy and noise could have helped a lot....

Nope they'ed blame the red field.. the inferno.. lol

Fahque said:
yogi said:

Thank god

Fushiznitz said:
dayday said:
GoldenEagle said:
dayday said:

Nope they would blame the red field.. INFERNO lol. Seriously though we've never won on that red turf... gotta break that.

timjayko said:
yogi said:

I don't know how much say Stitt has on the offensive schemes but if most of the offensive strategy comes from his mind, then I hate to say this: Stitt's offense seems a little too primitive to work at this division 1 level. It often seems like our offense is able to execute plays in the 1st half of football games, but teams are able to adjust their defenses on us and close up most of our down the field pass plays, thus resulting in a lot of check down passes that end up going little to nowhere...
Yeah because the drops by our wide receivers downfield help so much

Phat Cat said:
Miss Ty yet?
No.... I for one miss a complete coaching staff with qualified coaches at their respective positions. For example, semore imo is no more than a high school quality quadinator and ty Gregorak no more than a career linebackers coach who in tragic year of dipshittery at the highest levels of the um administration was thrust into a position he'd never proven himself adequate to coach.

Back