• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fire him

There has been a lot of finger pointing at the fans and the start of the 3rd. Couple of points from the NEZ. This was the pink game, its more of the social event for some folks who arent fans. They are at the game to see and be seen, think Farmers Market crowd. Every pink game I look behind me in the NEZ and I see people I've never seen before, and wont see again. One and done for the season. The pink game has been this way for years. It was actually worse a couple years ago when Community Hospital had that big ass tent with free chow and trinkets. I was actually impressed with how many fans were back in the stadium by the 13 minute mark compared to some pink games in the past. I know this, I wont be talking much at work on Monday.

I'm pissed about the loss, but I refuse to bail. If we go 7-4 and make the playoffs, Stitt deserves at least one more year and I think people will be very glad that he gets it. If we go 6-5 I know it's going to be controversial, but I'd still give him one more year for the sake of recruiting and continuity. Maybe I'm too patient, but a lot in the egriz community make Jerry Jones look patient, which at one time at least would have been saying something...

I support the players to the utmost degree!

Stitt and Seymour can get bent as far as I'm concerned! They are way over their heads and until they are gone, this team will continue to underperform!

I wonder how much more leniency Stitt would get if he was from a strong Butte family with Montana ties . . .

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Phat Cat said:
Miss Ty yet?
No.... I for one miss a complete coaching staff with qualified coaches at their respective positions. For example, semore imo is no more than a high school quality quadinator and ty Gregorak no more than a career linebackers coach who in tragic year of dipshittery at the highest levels of the um administration was thrust into a position he'd never proven himself adequate to coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm damn glad you guy's don't miss him. We sure in the hell love him and feel lucky to have him. Thank You.

ordigger said:
GoldenEagle said:
dayday said:
I think Stitt has the team in the right direction but yeah tough loss. Might taking making playoffs to save his job, which means we need to pick up our play. I'd say let's stay positive. Griz fans are fickle. I think us playing so flat in the the 3rd can be attributed to fans more worried about getting drunk than the team. Be a better fan...
This is what i've been saying for a long time now. Your fans are too old, and/or too drunk.
No, they are not even in the stadium, and the team notices it. Its the one thing that former players will say bothers them the most. ....
If what you say is true ("the team notices it") has to be utter BS. Look at EWU. Its home stadium holds only a fraction of WaGriz. The Eagles were down 14 points at the half. Their "crowd" at this game was less than 500, I'd say. Lack of fan attendance did not bother them, nor should it have bothered Griz players. Yet, I, too, am disgusted by emptiness of WaGriz when 3d qtr starts. It's really noticeable on TV. Maybe out of the vaunted 26K, only 8K are real fans, and I'm not so sure about the students.

GoldenEagle said:
dayday said:
I think Stitt has the team in the right direction but yeah tough loss. Might taking making playoffs to save his job, which means we need to pick up our play. I'd say let's stay positive. Griz fans are fickle. I think us playing so flat in the the 3rd can be attributed to fans more worried about getting drunk than the team. Be a better fan...

This is what i've been saying for a long time now. Your fans are too old, and/or too drunk.
Yeah...it's the fans fault.

:roll:

Fahque said:
timjayko said:
yogi said:
In my view Stitt has not shown any evidence that he has improved from last years dismal performance; whatever was wrong with him then, is wrong with him now; to blame this on a shortage of fans in the 3rd quarter means we would never win a road game; I don't know what is wrong, but it lies on his head and he has not shown any capability of being able to learn from his mistakes. There is a reason he was given a three year contract: he would be expected to make a credible showing during that time that he is a capable FCS head coach; if not, then he should hit the road. I, for one, am not afraid to bring in some hungry young coach and give him a try. At the very least he should fire both the offensive and defensive coordinators; he could still wear his green cap; your friend, yogi

I don't know how much say Stitt has on the offensive schemes but if most of the offensive strategy comes from his mind, then I hate to say this: Stitt's offense seems a little too primitive to work at this division 1 level. It often seems like our offense is able to execute plays in the 1st half of football games, but teams are able to adjust their defenses on us and close up most of our down the field pass plays, thus resulting in a lot of check down passes that end up going little to nowhere...
Yeah because the drops by our wide receivers downfield help so much

There were a few bad drops but honestly the second half it felt like there were a lot less down field pass plays going on than in the 1st half. Idk the exact stats but it just felt that way from what I remember seeing.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Phat Cat said:
Miss Ty yet?
No.... I for one miss a complete coaching staff with qualified coaches at their respective positions. For example, semore imo is no more than a high school quality quadinator and ty Gregorak no more than a career linebackers coach who in tragic year of dipshittery at the highest levels of the um administration was thrust into a position he'd never proven himself adequate to coach.

Quadinator? I like it!
ebb731c9739173adade7f087c1f9f65b.jpg

timjayko said:
Fahque said:
timjayko said:
yogi said:
In my view Stitt has not shown any evidence that he has improved from last years dismal performance; whatever was wrong with him then, is wrong with him now; to blame this on a shortage of fans in the 3rd quarter means we would never win a road game; I don't know what is wrong, but it lies on his head and he has not shown any capability of being able to learn from his mistakes. There is a reason he was given a three year contract: he would be expected to make a credible showing during that time that he is a capable FCS head coach; if not, then he should hit the road. I, for one, am not afraid to bring in some hungry young coach and give him a try. At the very least he should fire both the offensive and defensive coordinators; he could still wear his green cap; your friend, yogi

I don't know how much say Stitt has on the offensive schemes but if most of the offensive strategy comes from his mind, then I hate to say this: Stitt's offense seems a little too primitive to work at this division 1 level. It often seems like our offense is able to execute plays in the 1st half of football games, but teams are able to adjust their defenses on us and close up most of our down the field pass plays, thus resulting in a lot of check down passes that end up going little to nowhere...

There were a few bad drops but honestly the second half it felt like there were a lot less down field pass plays going on than in the 1st half. Idk the exact stats but it just felt that way from what I remember seeing.
I will agree that play calling wasn't as good in the second half as it was in the first half but a lot of that had to do with Eastern Washington's defensive adjustments. The deep passes that were there in the second half, however, should have been halted by the WR's… Many of them were very catchable

Fahque said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Phat Cat said:
Miss Ty yet?

Quadinator? I like it!
ebb731c9739173adade7f087c1f9f65b.jpg

timjayko said:
Fahque said:
timjayko said:

I will agree that play calling wasn't as good in the second half as it was in the first half but a lot of that had to do with Eastern Washington's defensive adjustments. The deep passes that were there in the second half, however, should have been halted by the WR's… Many of them were very catchable

Wow! That's fuc-ed up. Holyshit.

CDAGRIZ said:
I wonder how much more leniency Stitt would get if he was from a strong Butte family with Montana ties . . .

BOOM. CDA, that's a legit and completely valid question. But alas, many will not answer it truthfully. And, I guess they don't have to since Stitt is from Nebraska. He's also a Joe Glenn disciple, and one of Glenn's closest friends. Glenn will NOT be happy if Stitt were to be fired. How do I know? Because I point blanked asked him that question at the MCA this summer. He's behind Stitt 150 percent. You know who else is? Another guy that always gets a lot of love on here. MVD. He and Stitt are very tight.

Phat Cat said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Phat Cat said:
Miss Ty yet?

I'm damn glad you guy's don't miss him. We sure in the hell love him and feel lucky to have him. Thank You.

You're welcome, now kindly fuck off

George Ferguson said:
CDAGRIZ said:

BOOM. CDA, that's a legit and completely valid question. But alas, many will not answer it truthfully. And, I guess they don't have to since Stitt is from Nebraska. He's also a Joe Glenn disciple, and one of Glenn's closest friends. Glenn will NOT be happy if Stitt were to be fired. How do I know? Because I point blanked asked him that question at the MCA this summer. He's behind Stitt 150 percent. You know who else is? Another guy that always gets a lot of love on here. MVD. He and Stitt are very tight.

None. He'd get a swift kick in the nuts the same as any other respectable Irishman

George Ferguson said:
CDAGRIZ said:

What?

who gives a shit what Joe Glenn thinks? And MVD? No one cares.

Wouldn't make a bit of difference if Stitt were from montana. Zero. Keep digging though...

griz5700 said:
George Ferguson said:
CDAGRIZ said:

What?

who gives a shit what Joe Glenn thinks? And MVD? No one cares.

Wouldn't make a bit of difference if Stitt were from montana. Zero. Keep digging though...
+1
Might be the dumbest thing ever posted here. And that's saying something

A truly embarrassing loss. First half we looked like BSC champs and second half awful especially on defense. Stitt has done a great job recruiting but I think he and his staff have failed to develop their recruits to the level necessary to win the big games and maybe even the little games. Don't blame the fans and don't come up with a bunch of other excuses. We cannot continue to blow a big halftime lead or blow the last games of last season and not realize that there is something terribly wrong with coaching. At this point I hate to think of the Cat-Griz game. I also have a problem with fans saying "if we make the playoffs" he should be retained. There was a time not long ago when making the playoffs was not nearly good enough. By the way I was able to watch the entire game via Direct TV in beautiful HD in my home in the North Georgia Mountains.

Latest posts

Back