• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Feels good to be...

GE1963 said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GE1963 said:
Wow, you people really rally to the cause. ...

What do you mean..."You people..."

;-)

Are you not people?

And EverettGriz,
I guess it depends on how you sir define what a troll is. I would not consider my dialogue with Griz fans trolling. My agenda here is to force you to step back and objectively assess if you are a team that can win the BSC, let alone make the playoffs. Just being the Griz is not good enough. You simply can’t rely on your past performances. Beating “fairly good teams” is not going to cut it.

And the answer is HELL YES to both. This isn't a BSC title team. This is a national championship caliber team.

And if you're not a simple troll (which I highly suspect) ill ask you this: what makes you think this GRIZ team is not -- at a minimum -- a playoff team?

I too would like to hear this dude's explanation for any possible way the Griz aren't, at worst, a playoff time. At this point, at the very least, mONTANA NEEDS FOUR WINS AND THEIR in BASED ON THE expanded field.

EverettGriz said:
GE1963 said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
GE1963 said:
Wow, you people really rally to the cause. ...

;-)

Are you not people?

And EverettGriz,
I guess it depends on how you sir define what a troll is. I would not consider my dialogue with Griz fans trolling. My agenda here is to force you to step back and objectively assess if you are a team that can win the BSC, let alone make the playoffs. Just being the Griz is not good enough. You simply can’t rely on your past performances. Beating “fairly good teams” is not going to cut it.

And the answer is HELL YES to both. This isn't a BSC title team. This is a national championship caliber team.

And if you're not a simple troll (which I highly suspect) ill ask you this: what makes you think this GRIZ team is not -- at a minimum -- a playoff team?

Once again, I believe the Griz must prove they are a good team by beating good teams. Bottom line, you have not beat a good team yet. Now, let’s see what happens in the next month or so, and then we can discuss further.

As you know statistics are not important. W’s are, and you have 3 W’s now. We will see how many you end with.

This has been fun and I look forward to furthering our conversation as the season progresses. I think you have a very passionate fan base.

Guess I will pour a glass of Cold Smoke from the growler I grabbed in Missoula tonight.

Toodaloo Griz fans.

That was a very lengthy post when you could have simply replied: "I'm a troll with absolutely no reason at all to think the GRIZ are not a playoff team".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feels good to not be a PUSSYCAT.

Losers.

Gotta love the epic meltdowns.

"Oh we (MSU) are so AWESOME we are #2 in the nation... oh wait we suck never mind...."

Cant the pussycats save this shit for just a little later in the season? Man I love the predictable October/November MSU Meltdowns. Well maybe they will just get it started early this year and continue with the suck at UND. UND is going to beat the shit outta their pathetic D that's for sure.

I don't know that ND will beat the cats, necessarily. But I'm willing to bet that its close enough that the "ND sucks" rhetoric quiets down a bit from the cat clowns.

get'em_griz said:
This will be a great thread to bring back when we reach the playoffs! :thumb:

Yeah, who's got it bookmarked? GE obviously has either:

1.) never played the game
2.) if he has, then he actually hasn't watched the games, just checked box scores and dismissed the Griz victories due to opponents' records

Of course, one can see that UM has better speed, size, talent, and technique than their opponents so far (OL getting 5 yards of push usually before RB even has to make a move, WR getting behind the secondary at will, DL getting pressure and disrupting running plays before the line of scrimmage, etc.). Yet, as GE pointed out, that could all be due to inferior opponent play.

An example of how one can tell the Griz have actual talent compared to other teams with bloated rankings is that many times when Griz players have made big plays it is not necessarily as a result of the opponent failing to do their job or being out of position but instead a Griz player(s) being clutch and making a play (ie. JJ's first TD to Henderson in the App State game...JJ gets hit and his delivery almost looks like a hook shot. Yet, he still has the arm strength to zip it into a narrow window to a sliding Henderson with a defender on his back. watch highlight starting at 0:36 here: http://www.gogriz.com/allaccess/?media=402910).

In contrast, (and I'll just use the first play that comes to mind) Shawn Johnson's (MSU) 90 yard TD run against Monmouth was more of a result of a failed blitz and defenders being way out of position. I will admit the Cat OL did a good job creating the initial hole but there was no level 2 in the defense, the RB never had to make any moves (just make sure he didn't trip over his own feet), and what should have only been a 3-5 yard gain turned into an easy, long TD because of an inferior opponent.

IMO, the difference between making plays and having a poor opponent inflate the stats is why I'm confident in this team. Well, that and (although harder to explain/prove) I can just see the difference in talent, execution, and motivation in this team even compared to some of the past NC teams.

It is early but I really only see EWU as a challenge to the Griz going undefeated in the regular season. I like our chances with that matchup even, though. Surprisingly, PSU looks to be our next toughest challenge after EWU.

That being said, GE is right, in that the season is still young and injuries, letdowns, etc. can always throw a season way off course. Upsets always happen in athletics and I hope that the players don't get too big headed and keep things in perspective.

EverettGriz said:
I don't know that ND will beat the cats, necessarily. But I'm willing to bet that its close enough that the "ND sucks" rhetoric quiets down a bit from the cat clowns.

This. I do believe the rhetoric from Cat fans may be dead this week. They have many other things on their minds besides the Griz. I know one thing - I love the title of this thread and I remember this summer many of us (and many cat fans) thinking we would be in good shape if we were 2-1 at this point in the season. 3 and 0 baby. 3 and 0!!!!!

Question: Are the Griz really this good, or are our opponents really that bad?

App could end up winning the SoCon, and UND will be middle of the pack in the BSC. Monmouth won't win a game, and SFA lost to fucking WEBER....who the 'scats now have to worry about as well as UND...it's a crazy, mixed up world we live in.

GE1963: I'm certainly one of the largest critics of my "GRIZ". It's a DNA thing I guess. After briefly scanning your posts it's obvious "you've never played the game". Your comments are "after birthed" from a google/stats summary. You have below avg. insight and haven't demonstrated "experience". The 2013 Montana Grizzlies have DOMINATED every team that has stepped on the same playing field from start to finish. The quality of the competition at this point is meaningless and lame at best. It's history.. and all of the contests have ended with a "W"... for a d-bag like you that means win. The revenge tour is well on its way down the schedule and I'm quite sure the next in line is NOT looking forward to being the next victim...doubt me? Read the websites of their fans and see how they handicap their chances... I sincerely doubt you drink "dark beer"... :laugh: more like a tall stemmed glass filled with white wine and a fruity aroma scent. In summary you are a "POSER"... :roll: :roll: :egriz:

GE1963 said:
EverettGriz said:
GE1963 said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

;-)

Are you not people?

And EverettGriz,

Once again, I believe the Griz must prove they are a good team by beating good teams. Bottom line, you have not beat a good team yet. Now, let’s see what happens in the next month or so, and then we can discuss further.

As you know statistics are not important. W’s are, and you have 3 W’s now. We will see how many you end with.

This has been fun and I look forward to furthering our conversation as the season progresses. I think you have a very passionate fan base.

Guess I will pour a glass of Cold Smoke from the growler I grabbed in Missoula tonight.

Toodaloo Griz fans.

NOOO! :eek: now i have to switch beers......any suggestions? haha

AZGrizFan said:
Question: Are the Griz really this good, or are our opponents really that bad?

App could end up winning the SoCon, and UND will be middle of the pack in the BSC. Monmouth won't win a game, and SFA lost to f***[*] WEBER....who the 'scats now have to worry about as well as UND...it's a crazy, mixed up world we live in.

Minor point. Monmouth has already won a game (Holy Cross), and could win out. A week ago, Monmouth lost to Lehigh by 2 or 3 on the road. Lehigh is a top 20 team. Monmouth was bad against the Cats, but they are probably a decent team.

The team that beat App St, No Carolina AT, is undefeated, and probably better than some have given them credit for.

havgrizfan said:
I too would like to hear this dude's explanation for any possible way the Griz aren't, at worst, a playoff time. At this point, at the very least, mONTANA NEEDS FOUR WINS AND THEIR in BASED ON THE expanded field.

Agreed. No objective person who has been following UM closely this season wouldn't believe UM is a contender for conference champion and likely playoff participant. This has to be one of the best starts in UM history. It's not just the W's; it's the domination, multiple strengths, and apparent lack of glaring weaknesses (if the place-kicking game gets on track).

For this joke of a poster to insinuate that objective UM fans would conclude otherwise shows that he doesn't have a clue. He's either a troll or hasn't been paying attention. I wonder why he doesn't have the balls to post under his normal posting name, as he's shown that he's been following egriz for some time.

PlayerRep said:
havgrizfan said:

Agreed. No objective person who has been following UM closely this season wouldn't believe UM is a contender for conference champion and likely playoff participant. This has to be one of the best starts in UM history. It's not just the W's; it's the domination, multiple strengths, and apparent lack of glaring weaknesses (if the place-kicking game gets on track).

For this joke of a poster to insinuate that objective UM fans would conclude otherwise shows that he doesn't have a clue. He's either a troll or hasn't been paying attention. I wonder why he doesn't have the balls to post under his normal posting name, as he's shown that he's been following egriz for some time.

Simple solution, just have our team prove the bastard wrong, and not waste posting time on him. :thumb:

GE1963 said:
Wow, you people really rally to the cause. That is commendable. But, my main point is that the Griz have not played a quality team and until you do, you have no reason to thump your chests.

Well, shucks. I guess we'll never know. There is no quality team that the Griz will play this year in the BSC. The Griz ARE the quality team.

Yukon said:
GE1963 said:
Wow, you people really rally to the cause. That is commendable. But, my main point is that the Griz have not played a quality team and until you do, you have no reason to thump your chests.

Well, shucks. I guess we'll never know. There is no quality team that the Griz will play this year in the BSC. The Griz ARE the quality team.

Yes, clearly the Griz are the only quality team in the BSC this season. The rest of us might as well pack it in 'cause Montana has the NC in the bag already.

EWURanger29 said:
Yukon said:
GE1963 said:

Yes, clearly the Griz are the only quality team in the BSC this season. The rest of us might as well pack it in 'cause Montana has the NC in the bag already.
Finally Someone understands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

EWURanger29 said:
Yukon said:
GE1963 said:

Good post.

Latest posts

Back