• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classic Game Thread (Includes 95 Championship). Make sure you have at least 3 hours.

DoubleNicks said:
I didn't add anything new, just organized chronologically so it will be easier to find specific games. Sorry about so many embedded vids on one page.

Maybe this post could be copied or put on the first page to be updated as more games are submitted or better yet maybe the site could make a "Video Vault" page/tab like the "FAQ", "Schedules", "Info & Resources", etc. ones at the top so that these games would be easy to find.
This might be the coolest thing ever on Egriz!

Incase anyone can find them, here are games that I'm constantly hunting:

1994 - vs Idaho (Top 5 matchup with UM at #1)
1995 - vs BSU (the highlights exist in multiple places)
1999 - vs Weber (81-22)
2000 - @ Idaho (in Pullman, Farris' catch with 0:19 left)
2001 - vs EWU (2 OT thriller)
2001 - vs UNI semis (38-0)
2003 - @ NAU (huge conference game, underdog UM wins 59-27)
2004 - vs UNH (first game under the lights)
2004 - vs SHSU (payback in the semis, there's a Chalk Talk episode where Hauck + co break down this game)
2004 - vs MSU ('Back to Normal')
2004 - at EWU (blocked FG to seal it)
2006 - Playoffs vs UMass (a loss but a wild atmosphere in the cold)

Also, in the 2001 NCG they did an in-depth look at Joe Glenn. It ran at halftime. If anyone has that, please share!

OleGriz said:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=a91O7SHmxm0

Here's the 2013 home game against App State. I'll try to get that Cal Poly game up soon as well.

Man that 2013 team was good. Absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball. Now imagine THOSE weapons in Pflugrad’s offense.

uofmman1122 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
https://youtu.be/vHL3FbOKicg
We were living in Billings at the time, and this was one of the only games I saw in person that year.

I remember when Mike Murphy strip sacked the QB at the end, I jumped up in the South end zone so high and fast that all the blood rushed out of my head and I nearly passed out. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Picked this one because I couldn’t remember much about it. Credit Lex Hilliard (159 yards, 6.6 yards per carry) as the Griz offense, and the defense forcing 4 turnovers for the win. We also got a dose of what Kroy Biermann was going to be.

Trying to recall: The starting QB for that game was Jason Washington, but he was knocked out and Bergquist had to come in. Did Washington play again that season? (I don't recall that he did, but it's been awhile.)

PeauxRouge said:
They've also posted the 2002 game Vs PSU. Sorry, missed that earlier.

https://youtu.be/_cpMpRGJidg
Took me some time to recall this game ... and it's one we may have traveled to. Absolutely a classic with the late-game drive and defensive effort.

Something else I had forgotten was what a stud J. R. Waller was in this game, with 156 yards rushing. Whatever happened to Waller? Seems like he went into coaching, but I can't find anything about his career after Montana. (Suppose it would help if I could remember what the "J.R." stood for. ;) )

IdaGriz01 said:
PeauxRouge said:
They've also posted the 2002 game Vs PSU. Sorry, missed that earlier.

https://youtu.be/_cpMpRGJidg
Took me some time to recall this game ... and it's one we may have traveled to. Absolutely a classic with the late-game drive and defensive effort.

Something else I had forgotten was what a stud J. R. Waller was in this game, with 156 yards rushing. Whatever happened to Waller? Seems like he went into coaching, but I can't find anything about his career after Montana. (Suppose it would help if I could remember what the "J.R." stood for. ;) )

I think he was a Federal Probation Officer in Missoula, but not sure as he's no longer there and not sure if he retired/quit or transferred.

SaskGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I wish there was a recording of the central Arkansas game in 2011. Can’t find that one. Also wish I could find the app state game in Missoula (not 09’) the year we had travan van. He might be the most underrated Griz running back ever. Another game I wish I could find is the cal poly game that went to either overtime or double overtime and we won on a blocked PAT. I know it was during the Delaney years and we had Tripp, Coyle and kanongataa as LBs
It was October of 2013, (I was with my son's scout troop on a camping trip and trying to follow the game feed on my phone. LOL)

It was actually a field goal that Tripp blocked that would have put Poly up 10 with two minutes left. JJ marched us down the field mostly using Clay Pierson and Cam Warren, he hit Pierson on a 4th and goal with 12 seconds left. In the OT Ellis Henderson caught an early TD and then Coyle picked off a pass to seal it. GREAT GAME, not going to miss that Poly triple option in the future.

Here's that game against Cal Poly from 2013.

For other games I can post, I've got the entire regular seasons of 2013-2015, the first 9 games of 2016 and a few games from 2019. I also have the '08 Weber and '09 Stephen F Austin playoff games and some games from 2011 and 2012 (I don't think the 2011 game against the Cats is one of them, unfortunately). Any requests? (I'll definitely try to get the 2013-15 wins over MSU up if nothing else)

OleGriz said:

For other games I can post, I've got the entire regular seasons of 2013-2015, the first 9 games of 2016 and a few games from 2019. I also have the '08 Weber and '09 Stephen F Austin playoff games and some games from 2011 and 2012 (I don't think the 2011 game against the Cats is one of them, unfortunately). Any requests? (I'll definitely try to get the 2013-15 wins over MSU up if nothing else)

The 2008 Weber playoff revenge game would be dope.

Just spent an enjoyable two hours rewatching the brawl. I was there, so had never seen the TV broadcast. I’m not sure which was louder: Cam’s TD to Bergen on the 2nd play of the game, or Tripp’s blocked FG and Ford’s run back…..either way, it was total domination. An absolute pleasure to watch, all over again.

503Griz said:
Incase anyone can find them, here are games that I'm constantly hunting:

1994 - vs Idaho (Top 5 matchup with UM at #1)
1995 - vs BSU (the highlights exist in multiple places)
1999 - vs Weber (81-22)
2000 - @ Idaho (in Pullman, Farris' catch with 0:19 left)
2001 - vs EWU (2 OT thriller)
2001 - vs UNI semis (38-0)
2003 - @ NAU (huge conference game, underdog UM wins 59-27)
2004 - vs UNH (first game under the lights)
2004 - vs SHSU (payback in the semis, there's a Chalk Talk episode where Hauck + co break down this game)
2004 - vs MSU ('Back to Normal')
2004 - at EWU (blocked FG to seal it)
2006 - Playoffs vs UMass (a loss but a wild atmosphere in the cold)

Also, in the 2001 NCG they did an in-depth look at Joe Glenn. It ran at halftime. If anyone has that, please share!

I have VHS of the bolded ones. I can't vouch for the quality as I no longer have a player, but they have been stored in a box at room temperature so maybe they are still okay.

OleGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
It was October of 2013, (I was with my son's scout troop on a camping trip and trying to follow the game feed on my phone. LOL)

It was actually a field goal that Tripp blocked that would have put Poly up 10 with two minutes left. JJ marched us down the field mostly using Clay Pierson and Cam Warren, he hit Pierson on a 4th and goal with 12 seconds left. In the OT Ellis Henderson caught an early TD and then Coyle picked off a pass to seal it. GREAT GAME, not going to miss that Poly triple option in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkn5lb7NBrk

09 SFA please

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
OleGriz said:

The 2008 Weber playoff revenge game would be dope.

Here's that game. I'll try to get the SFA game from 09 up soon.

Back