• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classic Game Thread (Includes 95 Championship). Make sure you have at least 3 hours.

OleGriz said:
Here is the 2009 game against Stephen F Austin (the one with the 10 turnovers)

https://youtu.be/m38zB_tDCLo

Oh my god. I was shitfaced drunk before halftime of this game. Guy in front of me in the NEZ had a flask of homemade “Rootbeer schnapps” and passed it around after every score. I think it was something like 38-0 at halftime and we were all schnockered. I asked him how he made it, as I could hold my liquor and was LIT. He said “well, i start with Everclear….” And then everything went black. :lol: :lol:

1993 South Dakota State at Montana - Dave Dickenson's surprise party (WA Griz with grass surface, grassed-in end zones, old school color uniforms)

Proud Griz Man said:
1993 South Dakota State at Montana - Dave Dickenson's surprise party (WA Griz with grass surface, grassed-in end zones, old school color uniforms)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXg7NhrIs94

This is why I never leave a game until the end!

Not to be too greedy but a couple of random thoughts/wishes:

-Has anybody used or is familiar with AI video upscaling software? https://neilchasefilm.com/ai-video-upscaling/ This is a great thread but would be even nicer to have some of the older vids cleaned up some and sharper.

-Don't know if Kyle Hansen reads eGriz frequently and will see this but KPAX really has something with their "Grizzly Gridiron Classics". Being the broadcaster/producer/rights owner/whatever of most of the early 2000's (and before) games they probably have even more they could upload. Unfortunately, there isn't a specific playlist or sub-channel on the KPAX-TV Youtube channel so finding the videos are more difficult than they should be (when checking for anything more, I found the easiest way for me was to search "vs" from their channel since the titles weren't always consistent with having "Montana", "Griz/Grizzlies", "football", etc.) If they made their classics easy to find and accessible, they would probably see a jump in their subscribers and views which could both lead to more sponsorships and more money for them off of Youtube. I could be wrong but I thought even embedded views (like on eGriz) helped the Youtube stats.

-It would be cool to have something similar for basketball (video-wise, I've only seen highlights like of '92? season review and LG over Wisconsin but would be cool to relive or experience full games like the tourney win over Nevada, MRR/Heathcote era, the 6 LG tourney wins, or even controversial or close losses like LG vs Stanford or La Tech. Outside March Madness, there probably wasn't a whole lot televised, though. Maybe full replays of more recent P5 wins like over Pitt and Washington might be easier to come by.)

DoubleNicks said:
Not to be too greedy but a couple of random thoughts/wishes:

-Has anybody used or is familiar with AI video upscaling software? https://neilchasefilm.com/ai-video-upscaling/ This is a great thread but would be even nicer to have some of the older vids cleaned up some and sharper.

-Don't know if Kyle Hansen reads eGriz frequently and will see this but KPAX really has something with their "Grizzly Gridiron Classics". Being the broadcaster/producer/rights owner/whatever of most of the early 2000's (and before) games they probably have even more they could upload. Unfortunately, there isn't a specific playlist or sub-channel on the KPAX-TV Youtube channel so finding the videos are more difficult than they should be (when checking for anything more, I found the easiest way for me was to search "vs" from their channel since the titles weren't always consistent with having "Montana", "Griz/Grizzlies", "football", etc.) If they made their classics easy to find and accessible, they would probably see a jump in their subscribers and views which could both lead to more sponsorships and more money for them off of Youtube. I could be wrong but I thought even embedded views (like on eGriz) helped the Youtube stats.

-It would be cool to have something similar for basketball (video-wise, I've only seen highlights like of '92? season review and LG over Wisconsin but would be cool to relive or experience full games like the tourney win over Nevada, MRR/Heathcote era, the 6 LG tourney wins, or even controversial or close losses like LG vs Stanford or La Tech. Outside March Madness, there probably wasn't a whole lot televised, though. Maybe full replays of more recent P5 wins like over Pitt and Washington might be easier to come by.)

+1

The KPAX feature was really great, and at one point they had promised to upload 2001 vs EWU. They titled the video that way but I think it's 2012 vs NAU.

KPAX is sitting on a trove and I am sure it requires some resources to pull together, especially now that football season has started. But in the near future if anyone reads this forum or knows any of those folks, please put a bug in their ear.

2008 Nat'l Champ. Game

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+montana+grizzlies+football+2001&qpvt=youtube+montana+grizzlies+football+2001&view=detail&mid=09F7A7AC5F7FAB26209C09F7A7AC5F7FAB26209C&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dyoutube%2Bmontana%2Bgrizzlies%2Bfootball%2B2001%26qpvt%3Dyoutube%2Bmontana%2Bgrizzlies%2Bfootball%2B2001%26FORM%3DVDRE

2013 Griz overtime win over Cal Poly in Missoula.
Brock Coyle intercepts a Cal Poly overtime pass to preserve comeback win for Griz.

Back