• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classic Game Thread (Includes 95 Championship). Make sure you have at least 3 hours.

Thank you all for adding to this thread and keeping it near the top. When i get time, I will make a new thread that puts all the current posted games into one post.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
A better question is what would have been had Pflugrad not been forced out.

Well that one goes without saying.

As a follow up: fudge was Tonga Takai a beast in the middle. We haven't had a NT presence like that since. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Huh? You've missed all of Gub's work.?

* note * i think that AZ wrote that in july 2019 - prior to much of Gub's excellence.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well that one goes without saying.

As a follow up: fudge was Tonga Takai a beast in the middle. We haven't had a NT presence like that since. :clap: :clap: :clap:

PeauxRouge said:
kemajic said:

Truth.

Tonga and Gub were are the two best d tackles we’ve had since I’ve been following the Griz, followed closely by Jesse simms. They were just such game changers (gub still has a few games left hopefully). For a while there we had a series of game changing defensive ends. Zach Waggenman and Tyrone Holmes were the two best defensive ends in my memory not named Kory biermann.

My requests and I think they will be popular ones. I can’t find them som maybe someone else will have better luck.

93’ Griz at the Kibbie dome. Yeah, the SDSU game was Dickenson’s coming out party, but that game in the Kibbie Dome solidified his spot as a Griz great because they captured the big sky conference title. Plus it was against Nussmeier. Fans traveled great for that game and it was an ass kicking. Last, I believe both teams were highly ranked at the time as well.

Second: 96’ Griz at Oregon State. Why, because it was awesome.

"I think this is one of the toughest places to play in the country...I don't care what level. You put them in this stadium, first week in December, with this crowd, in this environment...there's going to be some problems, buddy."

That is from a guy who won a national title while playing for Michigan in the Big House.

Back