• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Candidates emerge for Montana's head coaching opening

G-BEARS said:
grzz said:
G-BEARS said:
cmtgrizzly said:
I dont really mind the marketing and dont blame them for trying to market their product as Egriz is probably as concentrated of a target audience as they will find but it does feel a bit contrived and manipulative which makes me not want to subscribe. I just dont like the manipulation. Fortunately I can choose not to subscribe. I would have a problem with it being on the site and in principle if Haslam specifically gave the info to them and basically is not going to release the information in any other form. He works for the University which is a public institution and if he releases info it should be free to the public and not given for personal gain by a sports news company. If Skyline's list is just their opinion of who the candidates are or they did the work to call all of the possible candidates they could think of to see if they threw their hat in the ring then great work by them and they should market their work. Each person should then decide whether or not to buy it.

Their list is no more extensive than what you've read on here. Pain in the ass to try to pay them and sign up, then the article was garbage. Not worth it. Some of their other articles are worth while, if you have the time to waste to try and give them your money. But that one was basically click-bait.

Read on here because they reported it and have mentioned most of these guys on Twitter, and then someone posted it on here. There is one guy on the list no one would have even thought to link to UM if their original article that broke the Stitt story didn't mention them, and an interesting tidbit about a long shot that was not posted by anyone here.

Jesus. If you guys don't want to pay, fine but they are actually trying to follow sources and do real journalistic coverage of the Griz and the cats rather than waiting to regurgitate the press release like most of the local media does.

Hahaha, no one could have thought of those guys names without the guidance of skyline sports!

Yeah, someone on here was going to list the Northern Illinois D Coordinator as a candidate, ok.

And for many of the other guys, sure, but would the posters just be throwing names out or would they actually verify with sources the interest?

Don't read it if you don't want to, but at least they are out there trying to put out good content. If you want to be a dick about it, that is your problem.

grzz said:
G-BEARS said:
grzz said:
G-BEARS said:
Their list is no more extensive than what you've read on here. Pain in the ass to try to pay them and sign up, then the article was garbage. Not worth it. Some of their other articles are worth while, if you have the time to waste to try and give them your money. But that one was basically click-bait.

Read on here because they reported it and have mentioned most of these guys on Twitter, and then someone posted it on here. There is one guy on the list no one would have even thought to link to UM if their original article that broke the Stitt story didn't mention them, and an interesting tidbit about a long shot that was not posted by anyone here.

Jesus. If you guys don't want to pay, fine but they are actually trying to follow sources and do real journalistic coverage of the Griz and the cats rather than waiting to regurgitate the press release like most of the local media does.

Hahaha, no one could have thought of those guys names without the guidance of skyline sports!

Yeah, someone on here was going to list the Northern Illinois D Coordinator as a candidate, ok.

And for many of the other guys, sure, but would the posters just be throwing names out or would they actually verify with sources the interest?

Don't read it if you don't want to, but at least they are out there trying to put out good content. If you want to be a dick about it, that is your problem.

The northern illinois d coordinator was listed by Payton long before this article. Again if their list was all on their own then great try to get people to buy it and no problem having them market here

grzz said:
G-BEARS said:
grzz said:
G-BEARS said:

Rude of you to post info from Skyline Sports paid subscription site on a public forum. I spent my hard earned money to access that info even if it took 2 hours to do so!

cmtgrizzly said:
grzz said:
G-BEARS said:
grzz said:

The northern illinois d coordinator was listed by Payton long before this article. Again if their list was all on their own then great try to get people to buy it and no problem having them market here

Payton mentioned it before Stitt got fired? Or after they reported him as a candidate the moment they reported Stitt got fired?

I am talking about todays article. Not what was previously put on the site. Again if this is their list great. If this is Kents list not great.

eGriz: We want more good content

/content shows up

eGriz: Your site is garbage, why are you charging us, I'm too dumb to sign up for the site, you're a thief for advertising on here!

MrTitleist said:

/content shows up

eGriz: Your site is garbage, why are you charging us, I'm too dumb to sign up for the site, you're a thief for advertising on here!

MrTitleist: If we don't get an indoor practice facility with the new football coach, the AD didn't do his job. Talk about a whiner

MrTitleist said:

/content shows up

FWIW I don't think it's people being too dumb to sign up for the site. Selecting a subscription level returned: "Missing Stripe token, please try again or contact support if the issue persists" the first couple times I tried it in Firefox. Seemed OK after that though the next couple times.

Had some intermittent difficulties in Chrome too even getting to the CC entry section.

In Opera it worked OK the first couple times (got to a point where it asked for a CC at least). 3rd try hung on "Please Wait." After that it was fine though.

I didn't try entering a CC though, since I don't need to know info the minute it comes out :p Plus apparently I have two "Pending" subscriptions due to my tries in Firefox so I'm worried if I entered a CC I'd get nailed for 3 subscriptions all at once.

Maybe the CC processing site being used (stripe.com) is having a bit of an issue at the moment?

G-BEARS said:
MrTitleist said:

/content shows up

MrTitleist: If we don't get an indoor practice facility with the new football coach, the AD didn't do his job. Talk about a whiner
God you must be pleasant to be around in person GB...

Titleist's point was IF boosters forced Haslem to fire Stitt with threats of withholding future donations, one would hope he in turn made them commit to said donations if he did what they asked... but yeah, what you said.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

grzz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
grzz said:
G-BEARS said:

Payton mentioned it before Stitt got fired? Or after they reported him as a candidate the moment they reported Stitt got fired?

He was mentioned in a report less then 6 hours after Stitt got let go...
He, Pease and Hauck were in that report.
Like with recruiting I try to make sure things are in print before posting anyone on a list.

Eriul said:
What other "work" would people try to bring here and make money off of?

If anyone wants to buy some extremely fast C++ code that does gene sequence alignment hit me up...

If I owned a bar close by I could advertise on here leading up to every game.
If I was selling t-shirts under a tent I could advertise on here leading up to every game.
If I owned a liquor/grocery store close by I would have a 30pk special price and could advertise on here leading up to every game.
If I owned a hotel close by I could advertise on here leading up to every game.
If I owned a restaurant I could advertise on here leading up to every game.

So basically any type of "work" at all fits.

Igotgoodsources said:
Eriul said:

If anyone wants to buy some extremely fast C++ code that does gene sequence alignment hit me up...

If I was selling t-shirts under a tent I could advertise on here leading up to every game.
If I owned a liquor/grocery store close by I would have a 30pk special price and could advertise on here leading up to every game.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupuyer griz said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Eriul said:

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And probably your sister also.

MrTitleist said:

/Partial content shows up

FIFY

If all you want is a list, it’s not for you.

If you’re interested in knowing details about the candidates, it may be for you.

I admire their entrepreneurial spirit in a tough tough business.