• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Preseason BSC Poll - Your Version

Zirg said:
Richard Cranium said:
Ummm.... I don’t think Idaho is eligible for the Playoffs.

"Idaho must shed 22 scholarships — dropping from 85 to 63 — during the move to the FCS. Should Idaho remain above the limit come 2018, the school would be ineligible for postseason play.
Petrino, Idaho’s fourth-year coach, said the Vandals’ are committed to reaching eligibility for the FCS playoffs right away."
Thought I read somewhere that Idaho wasn't playing with the full 85 scholarships their last years in FBS.

grizband said:
Zirg said:
Richard Cranium said:
Ummm.... I don’t think Idaho is eligible for the Playoffs.

"Idaho must shed 22 scholarships — dropping from 85 to 63 — during the move to the FCS. Should Idaho remain above the limit come 2018, the school would be ineligible for postseason play.
Petrino, Idaho’s fourth-year coach, said the Vandals’ are committed to reaching eligibility for the FCS playoffs right away."
Thought I read somewhere that Idaho wasn't playing with the full 85 scholarships their last years in FBS.

They were only in the 70's last year and have had some attrition. And FBS is an all or nothing scholarship where an FCS scholarship can be split between multiple players. Petrino already said he was going to be at 63 scholarships for 2018.

4theluvofgriz said:
Too many holes for the Griz to be top 3 this season. Everyone is missing on NAU. The have best offense in the Sky and a very easy schedule. My top three are Idaho, EWU, and NAU, not necessarily in that order.

People have been saying NAU for 15 years. They always seem to step on the banana peel and screw it up. I’m in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” crowd on the jacks.

Paytonlives said:
4theluvofgriz said:
Too many holes for the Griz to be top 3 this season. Everyone is missing on NAU. The have best offense in the Sky and a very easy schedule. My top three are Idaho, EWU, and NAU, not necessarily in that order.

People have been saying NAU for 15 years. They always seem to step on the banana peel and screw it up. I’m in the “I’ll believe it when I see it” crowd on the jacks.

Oh and this year the kittens are right there with NAU.

Gesh, lots of predictions for UNC to finish last. I doubt that will happen. Not with a senior QB (when healthy he is probably the best in conference). The Bears had 4 true freshman last season on the offensive line that will one season more mature. On defense, they've got a new (old) coordinator and a more mature defensive backfield.

BigSkyBears said:
Gesh, lots of predictions for UNC to finish last. I doubt that will happen. Not with a senior QB (when healthy he is probably the best in conference). The Bears had 4 true freshman last season on the offensive line that will one season more mature. On defense, they've got a new (old) coordinator and a more mature defensive backfield.

It is nothing against UNC it is just folks looking at history.
1. Nau seems to underachieve every year!
2. Msu is preseason champs every year ( then finish between 1-8)
3. weber: If they have a great season it usually is unexpected!
4.Suu never gets a ton of respect ( it is like people still don't consider them in the Big Sky)
5. EWU everyone predicts this is the year they will suck! (finish season in top 3 always)
6.Isu always picked near the bottom
7. UNC always picked near bottom ( hell they could win a NC return whole roster and Griz fans would pick them near the bottom the following year!)
8. Griz always picked top three! call it homerism or maybe because for 20yrs they were on top but most always pick them top 3!
9. Poly gets alot of respect ( mostly when they started owning us in recent years)
10.UND who cares?
11. Sac st. very up and down usually picked near bottom ( that is were they always end up)

That is your e-griz preseason poll history lesson for today!!!!! :lol:

Mavman said:
BigSkyBears said:

4.Suu never gets a ton of respect ( it is like people still don't consider them in the Big Sky)
5. EWU everyone predicts this is the year they will suck! (finish season in top 3 always)
7. UNC always picked near bottom ( hell they could win a NC return whole roster and Griz fans would pick them near the bottom the following year!)
8. Griz always picked top three! call it homerism or maybe because for 20yrs they were on top but most always pick them top 3!
9. Poly gets alot of respect ( mostly when they started owning us in recent years)
10.UND who cares?
11. Sac st. very up and down usually picked near bottom ( that is were they always end up)

When NCU is a consistent bottom feeder, people will pick them near the bottom.

CDAGRIZ said:
Mavman said:
BigSkyBears said:

10.UND who cares?

When NCU is a consistent bottom feeder, people will pick them near the bottom.
;)

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Northern Arizona returns QB Case Cookus, WR Emmanuel Butler and one of league's most talented safety combos in Wes Sutton and Kam'Ron Johnson. But the most important factor to why NAU will be competitive in the league: The 'Jacks don't play Montana, Montana State or Idaho and they play Eastern Washington in the non-conference. Since the league expanded in 2012, one of if not THE key factor to winning the league is the schedule you play and, more importantly most years, the four teams you do not play.

...which SUCKS A$$, and is a good reason to boot the bottom couple of cellar dwellers, imho.

GrizGuy said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Northern Arizona returns QB Case Cookus, WR Emmanuel Butler and one of league's most talented safety combos in Wes Sutton and Kam'Ron Johnson. But the most important factor to why NAU will be competitive in the league: The 'Jacks don't play Montana, Montana State or Idaho and they play Eastern Washington in the non-conference. Since the league expanded in 2012, one of if not THE key factor to winning the league is the schedule you play and, more importantly most years, the four teams you do not play.

...which SUCKS A$$, and is a good reason to boot the bottom couple of cellar dwellers, imho.

I can see NAU finishing at the top of the conference. Cookus is a heck of a QB and Butler is probably the best wr in the conference. He seems like he has been playing in Flagstaff for five years.

Back