• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Preseason BSC Poll - Your Version

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Northern Arizona returns QB Case Cookus, WR Emmanuel Butler and one of league's most talented safety combos in Wes Sutton and Kam'Ron Johnson. But the most important factor to why NAU will be competitive in the league: The 'Jacks don't play Montana, Montana State or Idaho and they play Eastern Washington in the non-conference. Since the league expanded in 2012, one of if not THE key factor to winning the league is the schedule you play and, more importantly, most years, the four teams you do not play.

I hadn't looked up NAU schedule. you are right it is barren. They easily could be in the running. However, I have yet to see an NAU team not fall apart at some point. With the talent, they had last year and they still couldn't pull it together, I just have my doubts.

RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Northern Arizona returns QB Case Cookus, WR Emmanuel Butler and one of league's most talented safety combos in Wes Sutton and Kam'Ron Johnson. But the most important factor to why NAU will be competitive in the league: The 'Jacks don't play Montana, Montana State or Idaho and they play Eastern Washington in the non-conference. Since the league expanded in 2012, one of if not THE key factor to winning the league is the schedule you play and, more importantly, most years, the four teams you do not play.

I hadn't looked up NAU schedule. you are right it is barren. They easily could be in the running. However, I have yet to see an NAU team not fall apart at some point. With the talent, they had last year and they still couldn't pull it together, I just have my doubts.

It will be telling for Jerome. You could see 7-4 or 8-3 assuming tough games against SUU, Weebs, EWU & ND. A late season collapse with this schedule would get him shown the door.

1. Weber*
2. UM*
3. Idaho*
4. EWU
5. NAU*
6. UCD*
7. SUU*
8. MSU
9. CP*
10. SAC*
11. PSU*
12. ISU**
13. UNC*

*Teams that don't have obvious troll fans posting in prediction threads on eGriz.com
**Maybe

Doesn't matter. I have it from good sources that a Creole traiteur and Canadian shaman have teamed up, after the Jensen fiasco, to place a curse on Hauck coached teams for an undetermined but significant amount of time. Not as significant as the Red Sox or Cubs curse but as I understand it no BSC championships or National championships for 10 years or until being relieved of duty. Possibly a couple playoff appearances that result in drubbings. Karma is the meanest MoFo on the block emphasizing the consequences of treating good talented people like shit. Sorry.

bgbigdog said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

It will be telling for Jerome. You could see 7-4 or 8-3 assuming tough games against SUU, Weebs, EWU & ND. A late season collapse with this schedule would get him shown the door.

Again*

Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Weber
MSU
EWU
Idaho
SUU
UND
UM
Sac
PSU
CP
UCD
UNC
ISU
Oh my god that’s laughable on a new level :lol:

So multiple Griz fans are putting the Cats at 3, 4, or 5 and no comment, but a Cat fan has them at 2 and that's the funniest thing on here, huh?

Idaho
Weber
EWU
U of M
MSU
NAU
SUU
UND
SAC
PSU
CalP
UCD
UNC

Does anyone have any information from the locker room or the staff on what the reaction the team has had over Jensen leaving. Anyone know what the Jensen’s take on it is. I’m interested to know what the mood in the locker room is and if it’s divided what needs to be done. Thanks

Catsrgrood said:
Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Weber
MSU
EWU
Idaho
SUU
UND
UM
Sac
PSU
CP
UCD
UNC
ISU

So multiple Griz fans are putting the Cats at 3, 4, or 5 and no comment, but a Cat fan has them at 2 and that's the funniest thing on here, huh?

Ya, we'll see. Personally I haven't picked MSU to win the league since 2013. Not picking them to win it in 2018 necessarily but I think they'll be right there, along with Weber, Idaho, and EWU. We get two of those 3 at home. I think we'll be favored on all our other league games.

Catsrgrood said:
Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Weber
MSU
EWU
Idaho
SUU
UND
UM
Sac
PSU
CP
UCD
UNC
ISU

[/

Thinking 2nd is great and that 3rd, 4th or 5th isn’t much different than 2nd - that is not laughable. That is Cat logic = 2nd is pretty darn good. 3rd, 4th or 5th - hey we will take it because that is in the top half of the conference - right? Who the hell cares. Big Sky Conference Champs with a huge #1 is all that will do. Especially if Bobby is going on his third year, but Choate is doing great things. You guys were almost preseason champs in the eyes of PoorGriz. Bummer. Expectations must be falling east of the Divide. What gives?

Catsrgrood said:
Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Weber
MSU
EWU
Idaho
SUU
UND
UM
Sac
PSU
CP
UCD
UNC
ISU

It might have more to do with NAU apparently not playing football in 2018 in Red's ranking. Just a thought.

Just wanted to put bot EWU's and Idaho scrimmages into my perspectively biased opinion. Watched both, Idaho played the entire schrimmage 1 D against 2 O with a lot of freshman scout players mixed in with the 2's. They played the 1 O against 2 D. IMO they were slow at LOS , and when a freshman safety hit their starting RB on a pass to the flat with a hard tackle the coaching staff came unglued at the hit. Easterns scrimmage , captins were picked and they drafted their teams with alternating picks. Fresheman squad players weremixed as were 1's and 2's. Theirs no one I want to Anihilate more than Idaho!!! And when montana smashes the Vandals that will be iceing on the cake!!! Protect the Red!!!

Copper Griz said:
Thinking 2nd is great and that 3rd, 4th or 5th isn’t much different than 2nd - that is not laughable. That is Cat logic = 2nd is pretty darn good. 3rd, 4th or 5th - hey we will take it because that is in the top half of the conference - right? Who the hell cares. Big Sky Conference Champs with a huge #1 is all that will do. Especially if Bobby is going on his third year, but Choate is doing great things. You guys were almost preseason champs in the eyes of PoorGriz. Bummer. Expectations must be falling east of the Divide. What gives?

What the hell did I just read? There was not 2 consecutive coherent sentences in what you just wrote...

If you're trying to say that there is a big difference between 2nd and 3rd then I'd disagree, but I truly don't know if that's what you're trying to say. Of course 1st place is what truly matters and what teams strive for, but this was a simple discussion on where people thought the whole conference stacked up, then you throw out the Bobby on his 3rd year and a Choate doing great things comment...

Not sure where you were attempting to go there.

CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Weber
MSU
EWU
Idaho
SUU
UND
UM
Sac
PSU
CP
UCD
UNC
ISU

It might have more to do with NAU apparently not playing football in 2018 in Red's ranking. Just a thought.

Good call, didn't catch that. Yea I'd say that's a bit of an over sight. I'm sure they'll be near the top with a talented team and favorable schedule.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Northern Arizona returns QB Case Cookus, WR Emmanuel Butler and one of league's most talented safety combos in Wes Sutton and Kam'Ron Johnson. But the most important factor to why NAU will be competitive in the league: The 'Jacks don't play Montana, Montana State or Idaho and they play Eastern Washington in the non-conference. Since the league expanded in 2012, one of if not THE key factor to winning the league is the schedule you play and, more importantly most years, the four teams you do not play.

Do you know where you are, Colter? Facts ruin all of the fun here. ;)

MT Jack said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Northern Arizona returns QB Case Cookus, WR Emmanuel Butler and one of league's most talented safety combos in Wes Sutton and Kam'Ron Johnson. But the most important factor to why NAU will be competitive in the league: The 'Jacks don't play Montana, Montana State or Idaho and they play Eastern Washington in the non-conference. Since the league expanded in 2012, one of if not THE key factor to winning the league is the schedule you play and, more importantly most years, the four teams you do not play.

Do you know where you are, Colter? Facts ruin all of the fun here. ;)

Whatever, MT Jack. Poorgriz (Red) told me you guys aren't even playing this year. The UND T-Buffs took your spot.

bgbigdog said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I can't wait to see what bitch-baby does this year. I understand they moved him to pull-ups during spring ball in Flagstaff.
TantrumPic.jpg

Back