• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Preseason BSC Poll - Your Version

Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:
Catsrgrood said:
What the hell did I just read? There was not 2 consecutive coherent sentences in what you just wrote...

If you're trying to say that there is a big difference between 2nd and 3rd then I'd disagree, but I truly don't know if that's what you're trying to say. Of course 1st place is what truly matters and what teams strive for, but this was a simple discussion on where people thought the whole conference stacked up, then you throw out the Bobby on his 3rd year and a Choate doing great things comment...

Not sure where you were attempting to go there.

Simplifying for you. Cats always preseason champs. Expectations for winning are low by mid season and not winning the conference, running deep into the playoffs or becoming a perennial powerhouse has become acceptable. 2nd, 3rd or any other number below #1 sucks for the Griz. Expectations always run high. Hauck = new system, new players coming in, new attitude and same old expectation. Win or move on. Choate has been in Bozeman long enough that the prediction from every Cat fan should be #1. This board will be on fire in three years if Hauck has the program in a similar position to where Choate has Bozeman. That is saying a lot given the U of M shot themselves in the foot 3 different damn times in the past decade. No excuses, no low expectations. Just win.

I trust that the UM Athletic Department wouldn't fire a coach with the most wins in program history with conference championships and playoff appearances of which they've only dreamed for decades, hire a guy who has never been a HC, let him lead the team to two losing seasons, and then extend his contract because "he's really turning it around". Catshit crazy.

So.... you don’t agree with the extension?

You'll never, with rational thought, convince yourself that it wasn't a completely bananaland decision to do it a year early. No risk of him being lured away, no guarantee that he doesn't suck balls for a third year in a row. Give that man an extension. MSU is the guy who loses big at a table, goes upstairs to watch HBO with his girlfriend, and then goes back to the same table expecting it to be "hot".

CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:
Simplifying for you. Cats always preseason champs. Expectations for winning are low by mid season and not winning the conference, running deep into the playoffs or becoming a perennial powerhouse has become acceptable. 2nd, 3rd or any other number below #1 sucks for the Griz. Expectations always run high. Hauck = new system, new players coming in, new attitude and same old expectation. Win or move on. Choate has been in Bozeman long enough that the prediction from every Cat fan should be #1. This board will be on fire in three years if Hauck has the program in a similar position to where Choate has Bozeman. That is saying a lot given the U of M shot themselves in the foot 3 different damn times in the past decade. No excuses, no low expectations. Just win.

I trust that the UM Athletic Department wouldn't fire a coach with the most wins in program history with conference championships and playoff appearances of which they've only dreamed for decades, hire a guy who has never been a HC, let him lead the team to two losing seasons, and then extend his contract because "he's really turning it around". Catshit crazy.

You'll never, with rational thought, convince yourself that it wasn't a completely bananaland decision to do it a year early. No risk of him being lured away, no guarantee that he doesn't suck balls for a third year in a row. Give that man an extension. MSU is the guy who loses big at a table, goes upstairs to watch HBO with his girlfriend, and then goes back to the same table expecting it to be "hot".
While his girlfriend is upstairs getting banged like a screen door in a hurricane by the hotel concierge.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:

While his girlfriend is upstairs getting banged like a screen door in a hurricane by the hotel concierge.

This sounds very much like a passage from your recent “Almost Halfway There” autobiography. I’d have included the room service part as well, but perhaps another time.

CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:

Settle...
I’m well aware of your feelings on the extension, I’ve read it in what seems like 30 different threads. I have no intention on going down that road...
Although, I’ve never come across a fan of any team, in any sport, at any level, that has obsessed as much about another teams decsion to extend a coach, as I have read from you concerning Choate.

sdk.catfish said:
Dutch Lane wrote: ↑Wed May 02, 2018 8:11 pm
Idaho

Does anyone have any information from the locker room or the staff on what the reaction the team has had over Jensen leaving. Anyone know what the Jensen’s take on it is. I’m interested to know what the mood in the locker room is and if it’s divided what needs to be done. Thanks

Why don't you try to do your own research? You might start with the timing of distribution of playbooks to the quarterbacks but that is just one thing. Thanks

are we to assume to worst here.....??? were the books distributed in a delayed manner? if so, how much of a delay. morning vs afternoon or ?

sdk.catfish said:
Idaho

Does anyone have any information from the locker room or the staff on what the reaction the team has had over Jensen leaving. Anyone know what the Jensen’s take on it is. I’m interested to know what the mood in the locker room is and if it’s divided what needs to be done. Thanks

Why don't you try to do your own research? You might start with the timing of distribution of playbooks to the quarterbacks but that is just one thing. Thanks

are we to assume the worst here.....??? were the books distributed in a delayed manner? if so, how much of a delay. morning vs afternoon or ?

zirge said:
sdk.catfish said:
Idaho

are we to assume to worst here.....??? were the books distributed in a delayed manner? if so, how much of a delay. morning vs afternoon or ?

If you two know the facts, why don't you just tell us?

I recall, from a Buss tweet, that Sneed wasn't on campus in later January, when football activities were starting. Are we to believe that the coaches sent him the playbook before the on-campus qb's got it?

Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Settle...
I’m well aware of your feelings on the extension, I’ve read it in what seems like 30 different threads. I have no intention on going down that road...
Although, I’ve never come across a fan of any team, in any sport, at any level, that has obsessed as much about another teams decsion to extend a coach, as I have read from you concerning Choate.

I've already admitted that I'm obsessed with it. It's just so dumb, and I believe rational thinking Bobcat fans tend to agree. It's a lot easier to justify it with an admission that only one game really matters to the decision makers in Bozeman. That's all.

Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Settle...

Dude - you've actually read 30 different threads on eGriz following CDA?

Listen to yourself.

CDA - might be time for a restraining order...

SoldierGriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrgrood said:

Settle...

Listen to yourself.

Hey! That was almost funny...

As a Cat fan, I read a lot of the egriz posts about the Cats (you guys have a lot of them). There is one dedicated to Choate's extension. CDA has posted many many times in these threads about his thoughts on that extension. Not hard to know where he stands on that.

PlayerRep said:
zirge said:
sdk.catfish said:
Idaho

If you two know the facts, why don't you just tell us?

I recall, from a Buss tweet, that Sneed wasn't on campus in later January, when football activities were starting. Are we to believe that the coaches sent him the playbook before the on-campus qb's got it?

The facts I know is that there was no “unequal” distribution of the playbook. Yes, very early in the spring Buss and Sneed set some “boundaries”, so to speak. All is good now between them and more than the majority of the locker is on board with as QB and Huack leading the way. IMO that’s all any coach can ask for.

As far as the team consensus on Jensen, if he doesn’t want to be here and go fight with the team in the fall.....bye. That goes for any player that doesn’t want to be here, not just Jensen. That’s the way it should be, only go on the field with the ones that want to go on the field with you. Jensen was gone when Stitt was, so it was in his and the teams best interest he leave. I wish him the best, but he is no longer here......#RTD, GoGriz

Catsrgrood said:
SoldierGriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Settle...

Listen to yourself.

As a Cat fan, I read a lot of the egriz posts about the Cats (you guys have a lot of them). There is one dedicated to Choate's extension. CDA has posted many many times in these threads about his thoughts on that extension. Not hard to know where he stands on that.

And it's not too hard to figure out WHY some of these guys are so obsessed with the timing of the extension. It has to make them nervous BECAUSE of the fact that the administration probably could have waited a year and then offered, but choose not to. It's almost like they know something.

Wow. You guys really aren't paying attention to Idaho if this many of think they'll make the playoffs.

If they win 6 games next year it will be over achieving.

poorgriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
SoldierGriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
Settle...

Listen to yourself.

And it's not too hard to figure out WHY some of these guys are so obsessed with the timing of the extension. It has to make them nervous BECAUSE of the fact that the administration probably could have waited a year and then offered, but choose not to. It's almost like they know something.

Yep. We know your administration is fine with accepting mediocrity. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
SoldierGriz said:
Catsrgrood said:
Settle...

Listen to yourself.

It would definitely make me nervous about the 2018 results if I was the one who offered the early extension. Virtually no upside, tons of potential downside. In other words, I agree 100% with your post.

Griz will be a lot better then most think.

Stitt had a hard time being the head coach... but the dude could recruit. Hauck will take the talent and give it an ass kicking mentality that will be hard to beat...

EWU, Idaho and UM will be the top 3.

Rage on.

Paytonlives said:
Griz will be a lot better then most think.

Stitt had a hard time being the head coach... but the dude could recruit. Hauck will take the talent and give it an ass kicking mentality that will be hard to beat...

EWU, Idaho and UM will be the top 3.

Rage on.

+1

Too many holes for the Griz to be top 3 this season. Everyone is missing on NAU. The have best offense in the Sky and a very easy schedule. My top three are Idaho, EWU, and NAU, not necessarily in that order.

Richard Cranium said:
Ummm.... I don’t think Idaho is eligible for the Playoffs.

"Idaho must shed 22 scholarships — dropping from 85 to 63 — during the move to the FCS. Should Idaho remain above the limit come 2018, the school would be ineligible for postseason play.
Petrino, Idaho’s fourth-year coach, said the Vandals’ are committed to reaching eligibility for the FCS playoffs right away."

Back