• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Preseason BSC Poll - Your Version

Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:
RayWill said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Northern Arizona returns QB Case Cookus, WR Emmanuel Butler and one of league's most talented safety combos in Wes Sutton and Kam'Ron Johnson. But the most important factor to why NAU will be competitive in the league: The 'Jacks don't play Montana, Montana State or Idaho and they play Eastern Washington in the non-conference. Since the league expanded in 2012, one of if not THE key factor to winning the league is the schedule you play and, more importantly, most years, the four teams you do not play.

I hadn't looked up NAU schedule. you are right it is barren. They easily could be in the running. However, I have yet to see an NAU team not fall apart at some point. With the talent, they had last year and they still couldn't pull it together, I just have my doubts.

It will be telling for Jerome. You could see 7-4 or 8-3 assuming tough games against SUU, Weebs, EWU & ND. A late season collapse with this schedule would get him shown the door.

I can't wait to see what bitch-baby does this year. I understand they moved him to pull-ups during spring ball in Flagstaff.
TantrumPic.jpg

My sources say that is indeed the case, and he is not taking to them well. If they can keep him from testing positive for crayons and Elmer's by season's start, it will be a victory. There is a lot of work left to doo.

IMeanGrizness said:
Cookus did not quit like Gresch Jensen, so who is the real bitch baby?

Thanks, Steve. It's early May in Arizona, have you had the memorial services for your grass yet?

Ursa Major said:
IMeanGrizness said:
Cookus did not quit like Gresch Jensen, so who is the real bitch baby?

Thanks, Steve. It's early May in Arizona, have you had the memorial services for your grass yet?

Hey, now, those lava rock lawn dreams lead to endless options of Chevy's, Chili's, and Chevy's. Who wouldn't want to get a half-priced appy and some margs? Dill is living his best life.

Until proven otherwise the Griz win every game.
Win the BSC.
Win all playoff games.
Win the National Championship.
That's my story and I am sticking to it, until proven otherwise....... ;)

Catsrgrood said:
Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Weber
MSU
EWU
Idaho
SUU
UND
UM
Sac
PSU
CP
UCD
UNC
ISU
Oh my god that’s laughable on a new level :lol:

So multiple Griz fans are putting the Cats at 3, 4, or 5 and no comment, but a Cat fan has them at 2 and that's the funniest thing on here, huh?
Here’s the thing though, he had the Griz at 7th, I haven’t seen one poster yet have the cats that high and the Griz that low.

Griz til I die said:
Catsrgrood said:
Griz til I die said:
poorgriz said:
Weber
MSU
EWU
Idaho
SUU
UND
UM
Sac
PSU
CP
UCD
UNC
ISU

So multiple Griz fans are putting the Cats at 3, 4, or 5 and no comment, but a Cat fan has them at 2 and that's the funniest thing on here, huh?
Here’s the thing though, he had the Griz at 7th, I haven’t seen one poster yet have the cats that high and the Griz that low.

I'm sticking with my prediction because I think it's fairly realistic. I think a lot of you guys are putting waaaaaaaaay too much faith in Hauck to come in and instantly work a miracle. I've stated it several times. I do think Hauck will get the griz back to competing for the Big Sky title but it's going to take some time. You'll probably see when the coaches and media do the voting, I bet they have the griz closer to 7th than what many of you are predicting. They also may have the Cats way lower than where I put them at 2nd but that's OK because I'm biased, and I'm going to be right. :thumb:

UM
EWU (they have great team speed, or meth)
Idaho (can you imagine if they go undefeated and still have to live in Moscow? That is why sport can be so cruel)
Weber State (which in English is WEB-ER, I didn't grill two CUBANO steaks last night on a WEEB-ER)
SUU (which for political correct reasons should be changed to Fighting Hawks University)
UND (the Cal-State Fullerton of this years BSC)
Sac (they need to get some)
PSU ( which my kids tell me means "Please Shut Up")
CP (In a surprise move they hire Coach Stitt and go full Air Raid)
UCD (whatever)
UNC (Always surprised they didn't get hit with sanctions from the Tarheel cheating scandal, that would have been about par for the NCAA
ISU (they are five years away from being five years away)

That's how I see the conference finishing.

SaskGriz said:
UM
Idaho (can you imagine if they go undefeated and still have to live in Moscow? That is why sport can be so cruel)
Weber State (which in English is WEB-ER, I didn't grill two CUBANO steaks last night on a WEEB-ER)
SUU (which for political correct reasons should be changed to Fighting Hawks University)
UCD (whatever)
UNC (Always surprised they didn't get hit with sanctions from the Tarheel cheating scandal, that would have been about par for the NCAA

:lol: Well played Sask - well played!

poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:
Catsrgrood said:
Griz til I die said:

I'm sticking with my prediction because I think it's fairly realistic. I think a lot of you guys are putting waaaaaaaaay too much faith in Hauck to come in and instantly work a miracle. I've stated it several times. I do think Hauck will get the griz back to competing for the Big Sky title but it's going to take some time. You'll probably see when the coaches and media do the voting, I bet they have the griz closer to 7th than what many of you are predicting. They also may have the Cats way lower than where I put them at 2nd but that's OK because I'm biased, and I'm going to be right. :thumb:
I think you guys are putting too much faith in Choate because he’s a very average coach.

poorgriz said:
I think a lot of you guys are putting waaaaaaaaay too much faith in Hauck to come in and instantly work a miracle.
How long have you had that signature thingy at the bottom of each of your posts? It’s pushing two decades now, ain’t it? And still ye of little faith?

Dutch Lane said:
Idaho
Weber
EWU
MSU
NAU
SUU
UND
U of M
SAC
PSU
CalP
UCD
UNC

Does anyone have any information from the locker room or the staff on what the reaction the team has had over Jensen leaving. Anyone know what the Jensen’s take on it is. I’m interested to know what the mood in the locker room is and if it’s divided what needs to be done. Thanks

Dutch Lane wrote: ↑Wed May 02, 2018 8:11 pm
Idaho

Does anyone have any information from the locker room or the staff on what the reaction the team has had over Jensen leaving. Anyone know what the Jensen’s take on it is. I’m interested to know what the mood in the locker room is and if it’s divided what needs to be done. Thanks

Why don't you try to do your own research? You might start with the timing of distribution of playbooks to the quarterbacks but that is just one thing. Thanks

Lol. I still believe that Sneed got the play book a few days before Jensen but that wasn’t what did it. Go back and review the thread where I was predicting Sneed would come out on top because of his life experience having to grind and fight every season at three different programs for playing time, which I said translated into his “maturity” remember that? Unfortunately my contact with anyone inside the program is third or fourth hand and things are quite and no new rumors to report.

Catsrgrood said:
Copper Griz said:
Thinking 2nd is great and that 3rd, 4th or 5th isn’t much different than 2nd - that is not laughable. That is Cat logic = 2nd is pretty darn good. 3rd, 4th or 5th - hey we will take it because that is in the top half of the conference - right? Who the hell cares. Big Sky Conference Champs with a huge #1 is all that will do. Especially if Bobby is going on his third year, but Choate is doing great things. You guys were almost preseason champs in the eyes of PoorGriz. Bummer. Expectations must be falling east of the Divide. What gives?

What the hell did I just read? There was not 2 consecutive coherent sentences in what you just wrote...

If you're trying to say that there is a big difference between 2nd and 3rd then I'd disagree, but I truly don't know if that's what you're trying to say. Of course 1st place is what truly matters and what teams strive for, but this was a simple discussion on where people thought the whole conference stacked up, then you throw out the Bobby on his 3rd year and a Choate doing great things comment...

Not sure where you were attempting to go there.

Simplifying for you. Cats always preseason champs. Expectations for winning are low by mid season and not winning the conference, running deep into the playoffs or becoming a perennial powerhouse has become acceptable. 2nd, 3rd or any other number below #1 sucks for the Griz. Expectations always run high. Hauck = new system, new players coming in, new attitude and same old expectation. Win or move on. Choate has been in Bozeman long enough that the prediction from every Cat fan should be #1. This board will be on fire in three years if Hauck has the program in a similar position to where Choate has Bozeman. That is saying a lot given the U of M shot themselves in the foot 3 different damn times in the past decade. No excuses, no low expectations. Just win.

SaskGriz said:
UM
UCD (whatever)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Copper Griz said:
Catsrgrood said:
Copper Griz said:
Thinking 2nd is great and that 3rd, 4th or 5th isn’t much different than 2nd - that is not laughable. That is Cat logic = 2nd is pretty darn good. 3rd, 4th or 5th - hey we will take it because that is in the top half of the conference - right? Who the hell cares. Big Sky Conference Champs with a huge #1 is all that will do. Especially if Bobby is going on his third year, but Choate is doing great things. You guys were almost preseason champs in the eyes of PoorGriz. Bummer. Expectations must be falling east of the Divide. What gives?

What the hell did I just read? There was not 2 consecutive coherent sentences in what you just wrote...

If you're trying to say that there is a big difference between 2nd and 3rd then I'd disagree, but I truly don't know if that's what you're trying to say. Of course 1st place is what truly matters and what teams strive for, but this was a simple discussion on where people thought the whole conference stacked up, then you throw out the Bobby on his 3rd year and a Choate doing great things comment...

Simplifying for you. Cats always preseason champs. Expectations for winning are low by mid season and not winning the conference, running deep into the playoffs or becoming a perennial powerhouse has become acceptable. 2nd, 3rd or any other number below #1 sucks for the Griz. Expectations always run high. Hauck = new system, new players coming in, new attitude and same old expectation. Win or move on. Choate has been in Bozeman long enough that the prediction from every Cat fan should be #1. This board will be on fire in three years if Hauck has the program in a similar position to where Choate has Bozeman. That is saying a lot given the U of M shot themselves in the foot 3 different damn times in the past decade. No excuses, no low expectations. Just win.

I trust that the UM Athletic Department wouldn't fire a coach with the most wins in program history with conference championships and playoff appearances of which they've only dreamed for decades, hire a guy who has never been a HC, let him lead the team to two losing seasons, and then extend his contract because "he's really turning it around". Catshit crazy.

Copper Griz said:
Catsrgrood said:
Copper Griz said:

Thanks. Although I don’t agree with everything, that is more clear. You call it simplifying, I just call it not completely butchering the English language.

CDAGRIZ said:
Copper Griz said:
Catsrgrood said:
Copper Griz said:

I trust that the UM Athletic Department wouldn't fire a coach with the most wins in program history with conference championships and playoff appearances of which they've only dreamed for decades, hire a guy who has never been a HC, let him lead the team to two losing seasons, and then extend his contract because "he's really turning it around". Catshit crazy.

So.... you don’t agree with the extension?

Catsrfuckingstupid—
Can you give me your top 3 reasons for the extension a year early?
Mine would be:
1) I love his name;
2) He rides for the brand; and
3) Bobcats suck.

Back