• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Your Sports Credentials?

I read quite a few of the posts on here, Skipped the last 3 or so pages. Can someone tell me which page shows who has the longest Johnson so I don't have to read the last 3 pages?

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
Hell yea, damn near poetic.

I’ve also heard classic car guys with big motors say “it’s about smiles per gallon”
In about '70 I was headed from Tempe to Sun Valley. After heading north from Vegas on 93 at about 2AM, came the sign "Next Service 145 miles." I just about had to change underwear, because I wasn't sure my MoPar and its 3.91 gears had that kind of range. I just turned up Wolfman Jack and went into denial. Made it on fumes.

In ‘71, driving in a yellow 442 convertible through AZ late
at night (like 3am) on I-10 on our our way from Snyder TX to CA, my buddy gets pulled over. I wake to hear the patrolman at the window. My friend says, “Was I speeding? The cop says no. You were driving 35 mph. We probably were “speeding”. We had a great summer in the Bay Area. Lots of CA girls and hippie girls.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
‘69 Lemans here with a 3-speed on the floor. My brother drove a ‘69 Charger, stroked and bored and blueprinted by my brother in law before he later sold it to my brother. Black, with black/green tuck and roll velour interior. Bad ASS vehicle. I was tooling down 93 headed to Florence in my Lemans, maxed out at 120 and my brother in law pulls up behind me in the Charger, pulls out to pass, THEN shifts to 4th gear and takes off like a rocket. Fastest I’ve ever been in a vehicle in my life was 155 in that Charger. Both me and the driver (my brother) drunk as a skunk. It’s a freaking miracle we’re all still here.

Now I have a ‘69 convertible GTO in Griz colors. Mid-life crisis and all…
My best buddy had a maroon '66 GTO ragtop, 4 spd. Pretty car, one of the first to view my MoPar taillights. We took on a few sunburns in that car.

GTO’s have always been my favorite car.

Had a 1970 Dodge Challenger, 383 V8, slapstick transmission, red-orange color with the laser stripe down the side.

MTOutsider said:
I read quite a few of the posts on here, Skipped the last 3 or so pages. Can someone tell me which page shows who has the longest Johnson so I don't have to read the last 3 pages?

You missed the best and friendliest part of the thread then.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:
My best buddy had a maroon '66 GTO ragtop, 4 spd. Pretty car, one of the first to view my MoPar taillights. We took on a few sunburns in that car.

GTO’s have always been my favorite car.

well now. You're smarter than I gave you credit for. :D :D

cclarkblues said:
Had a 1970 Dodge Challenger, 383 V8, slapstick transmission, red-orange color with the laser stripe down the side.

Sweet! I’m a ford guy but I always loved the Mopars. There was just something about the sound of this big blocks. They always sounded like the rods were coming out. Of course god forbid if the engine didn’t fire when you turned the key, you either wait 5 minutes for the starter to stop spinning or bite the bullet and lose a gear on the starter. I replaced a few starters in my day.

I never had a really cool car in high school, but what could have been. I had a chance at a 70 cuda with a 340 and 4 speed, a 69 chevelle ss with a 396 and 4 speed, and a 70 gs1 400. Dad said no to all. He did let my brother have a70 chevelle ss and 71 GTX with a 440 and 4 speed. Not that I’m bitter.

Grizbeer said:
cclarkblues said:

Sweet! I’m a ford guy but I always loved the Mopars. There was just something about the sound of this big blocks. They always sounded like the rods were coming out. Of course god forbid if the engine didn’t fire when you turned the key, you either wait 5 minutes for the starter to stop spinning or bite the bullet and lose a gear on the starter. I replaced a few starters in my day.

I never had a really cool car in high school, but what could have been. I had a chance at a 70 cuda with a 340 and 4 speed, a 69 chevelle ss with a 396 and 4 speed, and a 70 gs1 400. Dad said no to all. He did let my brother have a70 chevelle ss and 71 GTX with a 440 and 4 speed. Not that I’m bitter.

I’d be bitter as fuck, bro.

My big brother had a ‘67 Camaro 327
I had a ‘69 Lemans with a 400/3sp on the floor
Little brother had the aforementioned ‘69 Charger

My dad was MUCH more understanding… :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Grizbeer said:

I’d be bitter as fudge, bro.

My big brother had a ‘67 Camaro 327
I had a ‘69 Lemans with a 400/3sp on the floor
Little brother had the aforementioned ‘69 Charger

My dad was MUCH more understanding… :lol:

My dad was poor. I had an ‘86 Chevy citation and an ‘88 Chevy celebrity. The citation was broken down and given to me by my uncle which I could never afford to fix. It needed a whole new front end. The celebrity was $500 and forest service green but topped out at 45 mph cus the auto transmission would not shift into 3rd gear. Oh the glory days😁.

If I could figure out how to post a pic on here I would show you my 56 Chevy w/350 short block, can figure out how to do on Facebook but too hard to do on here!

Dillon said:
If I could figure out how to post a pic on here I would show you my 56 Chevy w/350 short block, can figure out how to do on Facebook but too hard to do on here!

56 is cool - hard top or post? Funny the 55 and 57 were so popular but the 56 less so. The 55 was clean with the straight line and 57 the edge of gaudy with the mini fin. I always thought the 56 was a good in between.

Must have been the down sloping chrome trim.

Grizbeer said:
Dillon said:

56 is cool - hard top or post? Funny the 55 and 57 were so popular but the 56 less so. The 55 was clean with the straight line and 57 the edge of gaudy with the mini fin. I always thought the 56 was a good in between.

I prefer them in reverse order. 57, 56, 55.

Grizbeer said:
Dillon said:

Post & yes down sloping trim! Orangish red and white on top!

AZGrizFan said:
Grizbeer said:

I prefer them in reverse order. 57, 56, 55.

My cousin has a '55 which used to belong to my Grandad. Brings back good memories.

Grizbeer said:
Dillon said:

I had a ‘56 4-door hardtop….drove it with windows down most of the time. 4-barrel on a 265 and a slush with glass-pak duals. Want one again.

For me, pound for pound the single greatest car ever in production in the 1991 Geo Metro. Not sure there are very many comparatives and it is widely held as the greatest American Car ever made. The sleek lines and durable construction made it an immediate classic the moment it left the production floor. More importantly it was the sweet combination of the powerful 3 cylinder engine and performance suspension that made for an unrivaled driving experience. The connection between you, the car and the road was an assault on your senses and left you wanting more.

Every other car is just fighting for second place to be honest. If you haven't driven a 1991 Geo Metro, you truly haven't lived until you do so.

Grizfan-24 said:
For me, pound for pound the single greatest car ever in production in the 1991 Geo Metro. Not sure there are very many comparatives and it is widely held as the greatest American Car ever made. The sleek lines and durable construction made it an immediate classic the moment it left the production floor. More importantly it was the sweet combination of the powerful 3 cylinder engine and performance suspension that made for an unrivaled driving experience. The connection between you, the car and the road was an assault on your senses and left you wanting more.

Every other car is just fighting for second place to be honest. If you haven't driven a 1991 Geo Metro, you truly haven't lived until you do so.

I had a friend who had one, nicknaming it “Mach 5” paying homage to the classic song by the Presidents of the United States of America…or maybe it Speed Racer. I was never sure.

Grizfan-24 said:

:lol: Hard not to be "connected to the road" when your rear end is only about 6 inches away from it. If a bobsled or normal sled were a car, it'd be a GEO Metro! :lol: :ugeek:

Grizfan-24 said:

Spoken like a man who never drove a 1992 Ford Probe. As a proud former Probe Owner (or "Pro-Boner" as we called it in the biz), I take this personally.

Back