• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Your Sports Credentials?

Grizfan-24 said:
For me, pound for pound the single greatest car ever in production in the 1991 Geo Metro. Not sure there are very many comparatives and it is widely held as the greatest American Car ever made. The sleek lines and durable construction made it an immediate classic the moment it left the production floor. More importantly it was the sweet combination of the powerful 3 cylinder engine and performance suspension that made for an unrivaled driving experience. The connection between you, the car and the road was an assault on your senses and left you wanting more.

Every other car is just fighting for second place to be honest. If you haven't driven a 1991 Geo Metro, you truly haven't lived until you do so.

Agreed, I had one of these as well. A close second for me was the 1987 Toyota Tercel. Certainly not as widely appreciated as the Geo Sprint Metro but had a unique horsepower boosting system (warm weather only); a button on the dashboard marked A/C. If I was facing a strong headwind or the car was struggling for some odd reason, you simply pushed that button and the reaction was instantaneous. A surge of power that snapped the head and pushed you back into your seat. It was quite something.

I've owned a number of cars and suvs since then but none with this feature...

YITB

tgreseth said:
Grizfan-24 said:
For me, pound for pound the single greatest car ever in production in the 1991 Geo Metro. Not sure there are very many comparatives and it is widely held as the greatest American Car ever made. The sleek lines and durable construction made it an immediate classic the moment it left the production floor. More importantly it was the sweet combination of the powerful 3 cylinder engine and performance suspension that made for an unrivaled driving experience. The connection between you, the car and the road was an assault on your senses and left you wanting more.

Every other car is just fighting for second place to be honest. If you haven't driven a 1991 Geo Metro, you truly haven't lived until you do so.

Agreed, I had one of these as well. A close second for me was the 1987 Toyota Tercel. Certainly not as widely appreciated as the Geo Sprint Metro but had a unique horsepower boosting system (warm weather only); a button on the dashboard marked A/C. If I was facing a strong headwind or the car was struggling for some odd reason, you simply pushed that button and the reaction was instantaneous. A surge of power that snapped the head and pushed you back into your seat. It was quite something.

I've owned a number of cars and suvs since then but none with this feature...

YITB

Didn’t have a Tercel, but I DID drive a Chevy Chevette for about a year and a half. Beast mode!

Muscle cars, muscle cars -

When I went to UM in mid '60s I drove an MG sports car - 2 seater convertable. Took it to LA along the Pacific coastline during winter break one year. 40 mpg. Treated me well for several years till I went off to the military portion of my life.

Until you’ve relied on a ‘70 Nova (read: won’t go) over Boulder hill to butte and MT Tech from Hel in January, you dont know what you’re missing. The cold air-only heater (except for warmer months) was a marvel. Combine that w a 3-speed Saginaw manual, bald ass Mickeys on the back and turquoise fun fur glued all over, and you had the makings of a pretty interesting night. Throw in just couple blasts of boones farm vomit from your girlfriends long since dropped on daddy’s lawn, and there was literally no rival

I dare you to try

Then it was on to the M&M for a ground round cheese D.

Good times!

Latest posts

Back