• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Your most coveted Griz Item(s)

Picture of my son and Ellis Henderson playing catch and the game gloves he gave to the future Griz receiver.

glovedad said:
Dmontanagrizzlies
Thank you for starting this thread. It has been fun. It does not matter if you have a bottle opener or a wonderful GTO; what matters is that we care enough to drag something Grizzly home with us. There will always be cooler and more expensive pieces of memorabilia than we have, it should never minimize our pride in being a Grizzly fan. The point is that we care enough to put some Grizzly on walls, and in our Grizzly place. We are Griz fans 24/7/365.
I applaud the beautiful GTO. How cool is that? Definitely a solid Griz fan and able to take it to a special level.

Agreed. I've got lots of "smalls" that I absolutely LOVE...wasn't able to take it to the GTO level until this year. It's the car I"ve always dreamed of, but never thought I'd actually own.

I've got the front page of the Missoulian the day after winning the championship in '95...some day I'll get that framed and added to my wall. Wish I had the 2001 Missoulian as well....they'd make a nice pair, framed and on the wall.

coachkenelty said:
Picture of my son and Ellis Henderson playing catch and the game gloves he gave to the future Griz receiver.

See, that's awesome right there. :clap: :clap:

grizfan95 said:
glovedad said:
I downloaded the images of the copper 1933 Griz-Cat Program. I also have a few pictures of a Camellia Bowl Grizzly helmet and souvenir-sized football. Fun Items. I verified the helmet with a friend who was a Griz player in this game. It shows lots of game use. It has a MacGregor 100MH
stamp on it that I forgot to take a photo of.
Remember to left click on the images and you will get a supersized view.

That helmet is awesome!

That is some keeper stuff right there. Amazing you've had it for 40+ years! Awesome stuff...

I've read this thread a dozen times now and there are some pretty cool things here. I've spent a lot of time thinking about my own pile of Griz stuff that's accumulated over the decades. The house, the man cave, my offices, the family cabin are all filled with this and that. But I have to say, the two things that I prize the most from the U of M are the two degrees hanging on the office wall.

Go Griz and ftc!

AZGrizFan said:
glovedad said:
Dmontanagrizzlies
Thank you for starting this thread. It has been fun. It does not matter if you have a bottle opener or a wonderful GTO; what matters is that we care enough to drag something Grizzly home with us. There will always be cooler and more expensive pieces of memorabilia than we have, it should never minimize our pride in being a Grizzly fan. The point is that we care enough to put some Grizzly on walls, and in our Grizzly place. We are Griz fans 24/7/365.
I applaud the beautiful GTO. How cool is that? Definitely a solid Griz fan and able to take it to a special level.

Agreed. I've got lots of "smalls" that I absolutely LOVE...wasn't able to take it to the GTO level until this year. It's the car I"ve always dreamed of, but never thought I'd actually own.

I've got the front page of the Missoulian the day after winning the championship in '95...some day I'll get that framed and added to my wall. Wish I had the 2001 Missoulian as well....they'd make a nice pair, framed and on the wall.
I have both of them, and treasure them. But what I really treasure are the memories, the endless conversations with my spouse that start with, "Remember when the Griz...."

My most prized Griz possession is my hat that I purchased in 1992. The hat and I have shared many adventures. It now only comes out for special occasions.

It survived an attack by a doberman pincer in 1994 that put a hole in the front. In 1995 while working for the Forest Service a piss licking camp deer snatched it out of my backpack and chewed the crap out of it. I chased the deer for about 20 minutes to get the hat back. A well thrown rock finally got it to drop the hat. I had to do a backcountry repair job with a pair of blue jeans and cinnamon flavored dental floss. Then in 1999 I walked into the Rockin' R' Bar wearing the hat. It just so happened that the Bobcats just finished Spring ball that day and the entire team was in the bar. I was cornered and told it was either my ass or the hat. Needless to say the hat lost. The team signed it and wrote FTG all over it in sharpie and it was hung behind the bar. Luckily a friend of mine worked for Ralph and was able to retrieve it for me later. A couple of washes with some infomercial magical cleaner removed most of the marker.
IMG_1256_zpsc9810c70.jpg

IMG_1257_zps4ebfb474.jpg

My Vernon Adams dartboard, autographed by AlphaGriz1

Actually my entire life is in storage so not sure. But if I recall correctly I have some autographed Griz cards.....I think they were for football, basketball and Lady Griz.....been a few years so those came out.

BearIt said:
My most prized Griz possession is my hat that I purchased in 1992. The hat and I have shared many adventures. It now only comes out for special occasions.

It survived an attack by a doberman pincer in 1994 that put a hole in the front. In 1995 while working for the Forest Service a piss licking camp deer snatched it out of my backpack and chewed the crap out of it. I chased the deer for about 20 minutes to get the hat back. A well thrown rock finally got it to drop the hat. I had to do a backcountry repair job with a pair of blue jeans and cinnamon flavored dental floss. Then in 1999 I walked into the Rockin' R' Bar wearing the hat. It just so happened that the Bobcats just finished Spring ball that day and the entire team was in the bar. I was cornered and told it was either my ass or the hat. Needless to say the hat lost. The team signed it and wrote FTG all over it in sharpie and it was hung behind the bar. Luckily a friend of mine worked for Ralph and was able to retrieve it for me later. A couple of washes with some infomercial magical cleaner removed most of the marker.
IMG_1256_zpsc9810c70.jpg

IMG_1257_zps4ebfb474.jpg

Well, that just confirms it. The Bobcats are a bunch of douches. :| :| :|

BearIt said:

IMG_1256_zpsc9810c70.jpg

IMG_1257_zps4ebfb474.jpg
Frankenhat

Fun thread, great items, and wonderful stories about what they have been through. The Griz Frankenhat is a classic story! The right guy bought that hat. Way to go. A father and son moment with a Griz great captured on film. It does not get any better than that. The educational degrees from the U of M are indeed beloved Griz items.
I appreciate the compliments about the helmet and program I posted. Thank you. I will post a couple other items that are older and fun to look at. They are also reminders that Griz fever has been around for quite some time. It was passed on to many of us and I am glad we are keeping it alive and passing it on to the next generations.

These images are of an early souvenir Grizzy megaphone that The Wilma Theatre provided to fans attending the game. I am not sure how early it is. It is the only one I have come across. It is well made, but made from paper and so many paper based items did not survive the years. It is 5" tall. Remember to "Left click" to supersize the photo.

Here is another item. It is a 1927 Grizzly season schedule, provided by the Missoula Mercantile.

]

As you can see, the Griz played quite the schedule. I believe the opening game against Mount St. Charles is against what is now Helena's Carroll College.

Here is a nice old Griz-Cat program from 1925. As you can tell by the photo with running scores of the games up till this year, the Grizzlies got off to an early lead and have hung onto it.

There are some great names on this program, including Wild Bill Kelly and Russell Sweet. Would love to have watched them play....and thank you "biga75."

glovedad said:
Here is a nice old Griz-Cat program from 1925. As you can tell by the photo with running scores of the games up till this year, the Grizzlies got off to an early lead and have hung onto it.

There are some great names on this program, including Wild Bill Kelly and Russell Sweet. Would love to have watched them play....and thank you "biga75."

Nice collection GloveDaddy. Obviously years of serious picking; good job.

I have 2 that come to mind

1- An old copper and gold football signed by Scott Gragg. My Grandpa, through a mutual friend, arranged for us to go to his house and meet him. I musta been about 8 or 9. I remember getting to put on his helmet. Pretty neat.

2- An unopened Kessler beer bottle my Dad gave me. Its a 1985 Washington Grizzly Stadium stadium beer. We plan on drinking it after the Griz win their next National Championship, hope we don't get too sick, haha.

My framed photo of WaGriz from our seats that my wife gave me

My collection of DVDs featuring our most exciting playoff/championships games

Came across this old post tonight and thought it deserved a bump, given the off season. Hopefully, a few more will add and share.
Best to all those Griz Fans out there!

1995 and 2001 team autographed footballs. My brother in law was a student trainer and had a football signed by the 1995 team and gave it to me for my birthday, They went on to win the National Championship. I bought the 2001 at an alumni auction.

Back