• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Your most coveted Griz Item(s)

The cars are awesome! Mine would be the limited edition print of the '95 win, with DD in it, but it's print #39, 39 seconds left on the board, and one of my football kids had #39 jersey in high school and college. It's odd...I see that mile marker randomly all the time on the road.

I have the same number silver coins from the 1995 and 2001 national championship teams, but probably my 2001 grizzly football signed by Joe Glenn and John Edwards.

grizatwork said:
I have the same number silver coins from the 1995 and 2001 national championship teams, but probably my 2001 grizzly football signed by Joe Glenn and John Edwards.

Any idea how many of those silver coins were made? I bought both mine off eBay, but haven't seen either one on eBay since...

Received a Griz branded bottle opener this Christmas from my Daughter. When the opener comes in contact with the metal of a cap it plays the UM fight song

Bertram said:
Received a Griz branded bottle opener this Christmas from my Daughter. When the opener comes in contact with the metal of a cap it plays the UM fight song
hide it, my wife took mine away. I'm just sayin, in the interest of matrimonial harmony, put it in the man cave and not on the fridge.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Bertram said:
hide it, my wife took mine away. I'm just sayin, in the interest of matrimonial harmony, put it in the man cave and not on the fridge.

My ass. I have one of those and it's the FIRST bottle opener that comes out at EVERY party. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Bertram said:

My ass. I have one of those and it's the FIRST bottle opener that comes out at EVERY party. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
for some odd reason she get a little upset about hearing it a couple dozen times at 3 in the morning? :lol:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
AZGrizFan said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Bertram said:

for some odd reason she get a little upset about hearing it a couple dozen times at 3 in the morning? :lol:

Yep, those hing bring nothing but heartache, ass chewings and long nights of sleeping on the couch!

AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

Any idea how many of those silver coins were made? I bought both mine off eBay, but haven't seen either one on eBay since...

I don't know. I bought the first one at Missoula Gold and Silver and then that gave me first rights to that number after 2001. You could call them, or I could go home tonight and look and see if it states how many were made. I will probably go home and forget, so you are probably better off calling Missoula gold and silver. I will try to remember, but my memory sucks anymore unless it involves food, booze, and my wife.

Coveted? Not sure but I've got a few framed items that I love, one from the 2004 night game against UNH, one from the 2009 night game against App. A Tim Joyner print from last year's beer and wine festival that's awesome, and an old "Griz skin cats" print in the old colors. Love those.

I'm getting a kick out of reading all the posts on this thread. Thanks everyone and I encourage others to post their beloved collections. Everything from great autos (by the way, I assume you have a CAI on that Pontiac? #lovePontiacs Az...what year is your goat '67?

Great items like an old program (would love to see pics)

Even reminding me why I keep my Griz bottle opener downstairs...Thanks Dan, glad I'm not the only one that likes to crack em at 3am :thumb:

#edit...ahh crap...since Brint posted, that reminded me of something so I had to update from 5 items to 6. Thanks Brint... :oops:

I downloaded the images of the copper 1933 Griz-Cat Program. I also have a few pictures of a Camellia Bowl Grizzly helmet and souvenir-sized football. Fun Items. I verified the helmet with a friend who was a Griz player in this game. It shows lots of game use. It has a MacGregor 100MH
stamp on it that I forgot to take a photo of.
Remember to left click on the images and you will get a supersized view.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
I'm getting a kick out of reading all the posts on this thread. Thanks everyone and I encourage others to post their beloved collections. Everything from great autos (by the way, I assume you have a CAI on that Pontiac? #lovePontiacs Az...what year is your goat '67?

Even reminding me why I keep my Griz bottle opener downstairs...Thanks Dan, glad I'm not the only one that likes to crack em at 3am :thumb:

#edit...ahh crap...since Brint posted, that reminded me of something so I had to update from 5 items to 6. Thanks Brint... :oops:

The Goat is a '69. I have no idea what a CAI is.

AZGrizFan said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

The Goat is a '69. I have no idea what a CAI is.
Thanks...my gut was really asking to call it a '68 but when modded it tends to throw me off...auto or 4 speed on that? Just the engine modded....# match?

The CAI comment was to Preotic...Cold Air Intake since I couldn't see the box, I assumed there is one one there to help it along being a fw.
I'll take this off topic just a second to only go back to the great photo glovedad just posted but I love cars....here are my 2 (my wife is separate, she's a pony)
1969 barn find 442 matching, 4 speed, engine blueprinted. Currently restoring interior which is all it needs. Great color combo black ext, crimson int. No tic-tock or air...but the only option on her was the 4 on the floor....I was able to find every single owner and not only get photos from their day, but have memo titles, photos and letters of their time spent with her.
My other love is my 2002 Ponti Bonnie SSEI built in supercharger family car...I'd love to race Perotic's Grand with my stock Bonnie just to see if I could hang,I'd be giving up about 60.

Glove-
I've never seen a Griz helmet that old...the light hurts with glare on the photo but is that a Griz bear on the side of well worn helmet? ;) Awesome photo btw...please also post your program..many would love to see that :thumb:

glovedad said:
I downloaded the images of the copper 1933 Griz-Cat Program. I also have a few pictures of a Camellia Bowl Grizzly helmet and souvenir-sized football. Fun Items. I verified the helmet with a friend who was a Griz player in this game. It shows lots of game use. It has a MacGregor 100MH
stamp on it that I forgot to take a photo of.
Remember to left click on the images and you will get a supersized view.

That helmet is awesome!

Dmontanagrizzlies
Thank you for starting this thread. It has been fun. It does not matter if you have a bottle opener or a wonderful GTO; what matters is that we care enough to drag something Grizzly home with us. There will always be cooler and more expensive pieces of memorabilia than we have, it should never minimize our pride in being a Grizzly fan. The point is that we care enough to put some Grizzly on walls, and in our Grizzly place. We are Griz fans 24/7/365.
I applaud the beautiful GTO. How cool is that? Definitely a solid Griz fan and able to take it to a special level.
Dmontanagrizzlies, sorry about the glare. Yes, the difficult to see portion of the helmet used to be a Grizzly Bear image on both side of the helmet. That particular portion of the helmet was made with a clear background rather than the Copper base paint, which meant that as that portion of the helmet absorbed hits, the Grizzly image faded away. The 69-70 Griz team was loaded with hitters and this Grizzly helmet certainly bears witness to that.
In regards to the Copper Program, I posted those images alongside my orignal post about them. They are on page 1.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:

I actually have a FWI Fenderwell intake, there is a 8 inch K&N cone filter in the fenderwell, it draws colder air out of the fenderwell rather than the engine bay.

Back