• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Yes The Griz Do …

mthoopsfan said:
zirge said:
Yes!
Davis did have a good team this year (well coached, i might add), with 1 win in the first 5 games 1 to FBS, barely losing to SDSU 2pts, barely losing to Weber 5pts, then their blow out
loss to MSU then they win out with the exception of SS losing by 6.

Davis didn't have 7-I wins and is rated below the Griz in every rating system, like Sagarin, Massey and SRS, and in the Stats poll. I know some of you have a narrative, but, jeez, trying looking at the reality.
we all have a narrative and geez we are looking at reality......bhumble and myself were answering your question. he answered Davis and I elaborated (as you requested) based on facts. not sure what reality has to do with this other than it happen, that much is real.

zirge said:
mthoopsfan said:
Davis didn't have 7-I wins and is rated below the Griz in every rating system, like Sagarin, Massey and SRS, and in the Stats poll. I know some of you have a narrative, but, jeez, trying looking at the reality.
we all have a narrative and geez we are looking at reality......bhumble and myself were answering your question. he answered Davis and I elaborated (as you requested) based on facts. not sure what reality has to do with this other than it happen, that much is real.

Ya'll are taking inconsequential hypotheticals way to the extreme!

Belligerent people choose their professions for a reason. Now those of you who will be at the convention in Baltimore July 5-7 won't have to enter into discussions with some folks. Lighten up, Frank...

http://www.iciclesoftware.com/LawJokes/IcicleLawJokes.html

yes, i agree........i guess it was me making an inconsequential hypothetical case that I liked Davis and thought they should be in field, especaily over Gardner-Webb.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Fahque said:
Gardner-Webb is the oral qualifier from whatever conference they are in

So, technically they did not???? Their school colors are not blue, so there's not any proof whatsoever! They will probably be in...

Ha, fixed the error

Fahque said:
zirge said:
neither does Gardner-Webb

Gardner-Webb is the auto qualifier from whatever conference they are in

Got it. Thanks. Big South Conference Gardner 6-5 No Carolina 7-4, however Gardner
was 5-0 in conference and NCAT 4-1. Gardner beat NCAT in final game.

Fahque said:
zirge said:
neither does Gardner-Webb
Gardner-Webb is the auto qualifier from whatever conference they are in
Gardner-Webb is in the Big South. FYI: The Big South has the bare minimum members (6) to qualify for an auto-bid, and G-W is one of only two teams in the conference with a winning record.

I personally hope the fcs doesn't wind up losing the HBCU schools to more bowls.

https://www-wctv-tv.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.wctv.tv/2022/11/21/willie-simmons-speaks-famus-fcs-playoff-snub/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&outputType=amp&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16691354975234&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wctv.tv%2F2022%2F11%2F21%2Fwillie-simmons-speaks-famus-fcs-playoff-snub%2F

mthoopsfan said:
Butte5518 said:
In EVERY respect, this game is an absolute gift!! Thank the teams of 20 years ago that provided the legacy for the Griz to still be relevant.

It wasn't a gift at all. Earned. Which other 7-4 team lost only to 4 playoff teams, 2 seeds, 3 top. 10, and 1 top 20? You can say crap all you want, but you will still be dead wrong.
This.
All these haters wish the griz were much worse. The fact is, is UM would beat most teams in the fcs. There's really only like 10-15 good teams in all of the fcs. Shit is ridiculous.

mthoopsfan said:
Butte5518 said:
In EVERY respect, this game is an absolute gift!! Thank the teams of 20 years ago that provided the legacy for the Griz to still be relevant.

It wasn't a gift at all. Earned. Which other 7-4 team lost only to 4 playoff teams, 2 seeds, 3 top. 10, and 1 top 20? You can say crap all you want, but you will still be dead wrong.
This.
All these haters wish the griz were much worse. The fact is, is UM would beat most teams in the fcs. There's really only like 10-15 good teams in all of the fcs. Shit is ridiculous.

Griz Addict said:
mthoopsfan said:
This.

...and minus App St., JMU, SHSU, GA St. And the list goes on...this isn't the same FCS.

Griz Addict said:
mthoopsfan said:
This.

Idaho wasn’t ranked when they beat us like a drum.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz Addict said:
True fact about Idaho at that time. More attributable to the pollsters, who were slow to recognize how good the Spuds were.

Worked out, of course, since Idaho did (also) get a bid with their (7-4) record. Luckily, it seems the committee did not consider the drubbing (44-26) they took from UC-Davis to be a "kiss of death." Probably related to the fact that the pollsters kept UCD in the top-25. But the committee just could not see putting a 6-win team in when there were so many (7-4) candidates.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz Addict said:
This.

I never understood this reasoning, and argued with people on AGS forever about it.

To me, it absolutely does not matter if you were ranked when you played someone if you ended up not ranked. Weber should not be getting more props for beating EWU early in the season when they were ranked before everyone knew they were dogshit. The reverse is true for Idaho. If you lose to an unranked team that then goes on to become ranked (and makes the playoffs), it's absolutely not the same as, say, Chattanooga losing to unranked Western Carolina in the last week. I don't consider Idaho a very good loss, but they're absolutely a top 15-20 team, IMO.

uofmman1122 said:
... The reverse is true for Idaho. If you lose to an unranked team that then goes on to become ranked (and makes the playoffs), it's absolutely not the same as, say, Chattanooga losing to unranked Western Carolina in the last week. I don't consider Idaho a very good loss, but they're absolutely a top 15-20 team, IMO.
Totally agree.

And, yep, that was a ball-crusher, beyond just a "kiss of death." Losing to Samford in the next-to-last game was not really a bad lose because the Bulldogs were highly ranked ... although it did cost the Mocs four spots in the STATS poll, At the time, I projected them to win against Western Carolina and be in at (8-3). Instead, they laid an egg and were never really in my projections after that.

Griz barely squeak in, despite SHSU, JMU and Kennesaw State (three consistent playoff teams) all departing the division. As watered down as this division has become payoffs should be a given and instead we’re now on the edge of our seat at the end of each season. Great times.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I never understood this reasoning, and argued with people on AGS forever about it.

To me, it absolutely does not matter if you were ranked when you played someone if you ended up not ranked. Weber should not be getting more props for beating EWU early in the season when they were ranked before everyone knew they were dogshit. The reverse is true for Idaho. If you lose to an unranked team that then goes on to become ranked (and makes the playoffs), it's absolutely not the same as, say, Chattanooga losing to unranked Western Carolina in the last week. I don't consider Idaho a very good loss, but they're absolutely a top 15-20 team, IMO.

I’m not arguing that. But it doesn’t change the fact we didn’t lose to a top 20 team. We lost to an UN ranked team that, by virtue of its victory over us, kickstarted its climb into the top 20.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz barely squeak in, despite SHSU, JMU and Kennesaw State (three consistent playoff teams) all departing the division. As watered down as this division has become payoffs should be a given and instead we’re now on the edge of our seat at the end of each season. Great times.

There's only 3 good conferences in the FCS and the big sky is one of them. Besides in the MFVC and CAA, if the griz were in any other conference, they would probably go undefeated every year.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

I’m not arguing that. But it doesn’t change the fact we didn’t lose to a top 20 team. We lost to an UN ranked team that, by virtue of its victory over us, kickstarted its climb into the top 20.

The fact is that UM lost to 4 playoff teams, 2 of which are seeded. Idaho was good before UM played them, and everyone paying attention knew they were good.

Back