• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Xavier Game Thread

UncleRico said:
mtgrizrule said:
Who's being negative? Griz looking great. Xavier just looking better.

I wouldn't say you but look at thread.

Down 12 at half on pace to lose by 24 without ever really sniffing a shot at having a chance to win the game. I think that were people get frustrated is the way this team has played in recent years there is not even a flash of having a punchers chance at a upset and the goal is to make the NCAAs with a chance to put the teams name on the map by pulling a upset or at least make things exciting...not wow we lost by a respectable 18pts and at no point was the game ever in doubt.

UncleRico said:
mtgrizrule said:
That's mild for egriz. The only negativity I see is about DeCuire's offensive philosophy. To be honest, that is accurate.

This is a solid effort by the Griz. And I think Travis's resume speaks for itself.

Terrific effort. Unfortunately, offensive consistency has kept most his teams from hitting the next level.

AZGrizFan said:
If this is Griz “looking great” I’d hate to see how we fare against Gonzaga. Could lose that one by 50.

No one in the Big Sky is within 30 of Gonzaga on a good night. Griz, Cats, Hornets, Bengals, Vandals, Vikings, Bears, jacks, eagles, wildcats all won't look good against Gonzaga or a team like Xavier. We throw in a few upsets over the last 20 years and somehow that should be the norm. The Griz are playing way better tonight. Get better for the conference schedule. That is what these games are for.

UncleRico said:
AZGrizFan said:
If this is Griz “looking great” I’d hate to see how we fare against Gonzaga. Could lose that one by 50.

No one in the Big Sky is within 30 of Gonzaga on a good night. Griz, Cats, Hornets, Bengals, Vandals, Vikings, Bears, jacks, eagles, wildcats all won't look good against Gonzaga or a team like Xavier. We throw in a few upsets over the last 20 years and somehow that should be the norm. The Griz are playing way better tonight. Get better for the conference schedule. That is what these games are for.

Apparently we’re not within 30 of Duquesne or Xavier either. So there’s that.

AZGrizFan said:
UncleRico said:

Have a drink buddy. the other night was bad, This is much better. This team will be ok.

UncleRico said:
AZGrizFan said:

Have a drink buddy. the other night was bad, This is much better. This team will be ok.

Meh. I found a better alternative. I shut it off… :lol:

I’m not so much disappointed in the final score as I’m worried about the lack of a true point guard. Beasley just doesn’t seem to have the vision to anticipate where his teammates will be and by the time he recognizes he’s lost the advantage. Hopefully by conference time he will be better prepared, if not it could be a long season.
One has to wonder if the approach Travis is taking with playing teams from the Big East and ACC which are arguably better but can have negative impact on the team’s confidence level which is a big factor in performance. Conversely it could make them more battle tested. Tough call to make, I think it depends on each individual’s makeup.

Back