• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Xavier Game Thread

mtgrizrule said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griz ultimately went over SIX minutes without a point. Seemed to do that in almost every game last year. Long dry spells aren’t going to lead to a whole lot of success…

We're bigger than last season, but still not setting as many contact screens as we need to. That alone would help the offense.

We set very few screens. Ever. It’s a bunch of dribbling around letting the shot clock run down, then making a move with 3 seconds left. Different players. Same game as last year.

Vazquez with a real deep contested 3. Solid 1st half for the Griz. Difference is, Xavier hit a high percentage of contested shots.

Bannan is playing aggressive and actually causing matchup issues for Xavier.

Astounding that we could score 37 in a half where we went 6 1/2 minutes without scoring, which means we scored 37 points in about 13 1/2 minutes of basketball.

AZGrizFan said:
Astounding that we could score 37 in a half where we went 6 1/2 minutes without scoring, which means we scored 37 points in about 13 1/2 minutes of basketball.

I was about to post that. Does Bannan look a lot more agile, quicker, and more athletic than last year? He does to me.

Down 12 at half against the team picked to be second in the Big East on the road. How can that be 100% negative on here? This is so much better than just a couple nights ago. Good job Travis and Griz regrouping and getting after it. Let's give em hell the 2nd half!

UncleRico said:
Down 12 at half against the team picked to be second in the Big East on the road. How can that be 100% negative on here? This is so much better than just a couple nights ago. Good job Travis and Griz regrouping and getting after it. Let's give em hell the 2nd half!

Who's being negative? Griz looking great. Xavier just looking better.

griznative24 said:
mtgrizrule said:
Why is it, most every out of conference game, opponents hit everything from the perimeter? Doesn't matter how contested shots are, opponents go off.

It's happening again.

I'm starting to believe its a curse and the evidence is piling higher

Other teams can hit shots our guys would shoot 30% in a empty gym...also our D is overrated, we dont actually slow down good players...fundamentally sound yeah, but good players get theirs against us ez

I think Travis is an excellent coach and an even better person. BUT WHY THE F _ _ K DO HIS TEAMS CONTINUE TO DRIBBLE, DRIBBLE, DRIBBLE and take desperation shots? Different year, different players but same old shit. I get so frustrated by his sets. And Whitney is no point guard. All he does is DRIBBLE the dame ball

mtgrizrule said:
UncleRico said:

I wouldn't say you but look at thread.

UncleRico said:
mtgrizrule said:

That's mild for egriz. The only negativity I see is about DeCuire's offensive philosophy. To be honest, that is accurate.

mtgrizrule said:
UncleRico said:

That's mild for egriz. The only negativity I see is about DeCuire's offensive philosophy. To be honest, that is accurate.

This is a solid effort by the Griz. And I think Travis's resume speaks for itself.

If this is Griz “looking great” I’d hate to see how we fare against Gonzaga. Could lose that one by 50.

Back