• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winter Conditioning Starts on Tuesday

uptopgriz said:
Griz2k said:
I’ve heard that winter conditioning is brutal. Like to the point of kids puking brutal. I’m not a college football coach, obviously, but I can’t imagine that’s good for anybody right now.

My kid went through winter conditioning—only puking happened after late nights at stocks.

Why the hell was your kid at the stockyard late at night!? He’s not a cow f u c k e r, is he?

uptopgriz said:
Griz2k said:
I’ve heard that winter conditioning is brutal. Like to the point of kids puking brutal. I’m not a college football coach, obviously, but I can’t imagine that’s good for anybody right now.

My kid went through winter conditioning—only puking happened after late nights at stocks.

Thank you. I was scratching my head wondering how a player could get so far out of shape when the season really just ended. Even if they did nothing, it was probably good to heal injuries and simply recover.

I understand these are all big kids who can move a LOT of weight, like with squats or power moves, so you do have the issue of building up lactic acid and making you queasy, but always assumed these kids kept some level of fitness.

I think winter conditioning has a reputation on this board as being much tougher on the kids than it really is for them.

PhxGriz said:
uptopgriz said:

Thank you. I was scratching my head wondering how a player could get so far out of shape when the season really just ended. Even if they did nothing, it was probably good to heal injuries and simply recover.

I understand these are all big kids who can move a LOT of weight, like with squats or power moves, so you do have the issue of building up lactic acid and making you queasy, but always assumed these kids kept some level of fitness.

I think winter conditioning has a reputation on this board as being much tougher on the kids than it really is for them.
The puking bit is more of a figure of speech here, there's little of that goes on. Throwing some oil, yes, puking, not so much. They've had about 6 weeks to rest, heal and catch up academically, time now to get the body football ready again.

uptopgriz said:
Griz2k said:

Wait a tick. Now one of your kids is on the team? I thought he was in the “athletic department”? ….or is it one of each now? Sorry, I don’t check e-griz often enough to keep your lies straight.

Raider said:
uptopgriz said:

Wait a tick. Now one of your kids is on the team? I thought he was in the “athletic department”? ….or is it one of each now? Sorry, I don’t check e-griz often enough to keep your lies straight.

I do have a son in the athletic department. Also had a son walk-on. Two different boys. Winter conditioning wasn't difficult.

uptopgriz said:
Raider said:

I do have a son in the athletic department. Also had a son walk-on. Two different boys. Winter conditioning wasn't difficult.

I call BS on your post. You are a liar.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
I call BS on your post. You are a liar.

Way more connected than you are.

Not even close. You didn't even know that winter conditioning hadn't started when you posted several days ago that people should walk over to observe winter conditioning. It starts next week. You appear to have zero connections. And if you did have a kid in the athletic department, he won't be there long after the athletic department focuses on your posts.

uptopgriz said:
Griz2k said:

195d66ca-6e80-4229-b013-eccc8b1adf86_text.gif

uptopgriz said:
Raider said:

Yeah, ok man. You know, the athletic department here is not very big. I know most of them quite well. Prety easy to eliminate BS like this.

Like always, your lies are slipping away from you. Might be time for another new screen name.

Raider said:
uptopgriz said:

Yeah, ok man. You know, the athletic department here is not very big. I know most of them quite well. Prety easy to eliminate BS like this.

Like always, your lies are slipping away from you. Might be time for another new screen name.

I’ve had three sons win the Cy Young Award and another win the triple crown…as a horse.

Raider said:
uptopgriz said:

It’s getting complicated. He has said he was 3 sons. These 2 “different” ones just mentioned, one who works in the Utah athletic dept., and one who 16 and being recruited by Griz and could set the State discuss record. Can someone help with the math.

Whenever he needs help with a losing argument, a new son appears, who happens to work there.

The George Santos of egriz.

CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:

I’ve had three sons win the Cy Young Award and another win the triple crown…as a horse.

No way did you have threes sons win a Cy Young.

mthoopsfan said:
Raider said:

It’s getting complicated. He has said he was 3 sons. These 2 “different” ones just mentioned, one who works in the Utah athletic dept., and one who 16 and being recruited by Griz and could set the State discuss record. Can someone help with the math.

Whenever he needs help with a losing argument, a new son appears, who happens to work there.

Actually, I have three sons. Two attended UM, one works in the athletic department the other the Utah athletic department.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Actually, I have three sons. Two attended UM, one works in the athletic department the other the Utah athletic department.

Then where does the 16 year discus phenom being recruited by the Griz fit in? Good grief, it's not that complex. You flubbed this character, time to move on to another.

Try to at least be original with the next one.

Raider said:
uptopgriz said:

Then where does the 16 year discus phenom being recruited by the Griz fit in? Good grief, it's not the complex. You flubbed this character, time to move on to another.

1+1+1=3. Basic math.

uptopgriz said:
Raider said:
Then where does the 16 year discus phenom being recruited by the Griz fit in? Good grief, it's not the complex. You flubbed this character, time to move on to another.

1+1+1=3. Basic math.

...so you have a 16 year, back in high school, that already attended the University of Montana?! Wow, that is some straight up Doogie Howser sh-t. Impressive man. Must be good genes.

Raider said:
uptopgriz said:
1+1+1=3. Basic math.

...so you have a 16 year, back in high school, that already attended the University of Montana?! Wow, that is some straight up Doogie Howser sh-t. Impressive man. Must be good genes.
Not that I believe anything I read on egriz but....

Isn't it possible a guy could have two older sons that attended UM, and upon graduation 1 son stayed and worked at UM while the other UM grad went to work in Utah?

That would still leave a possible younger son in high school.

But like I said, you can't believe everything over here. But it is at least feasible.

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:

No way did you have threes sons win a Cy Young.

I don't think my fifth son, the inventor of Facebook, the lightbulb, and the Toaster Strudel, would appreciate this.

Latest posts

Back