• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Stitt give inside track to Jensen and run off last year's qb's?

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
Possible, but we know that Stitt was a 7-4 type of guy, despite all the advantages.

I see Hauck as more as the winningest coach in UM history, and a guy who went 51-6 over his last 4 years at UM, only losing 1 conference game in that period. I also see him as the guy who coached for 7 years in a decade in which UM was the winningest football program in D-1. Will take a bit of time to rebuild towards that high level.

Who wants to bet me a $100 that UM will be better than 6-5 in year 3? AZ? Argh?

Well we sure as f*** better be.

Or what?
Or this whole upheaval will have been for naught.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I see Hauck as more as the winningest coach in UM history, and a guy who went 51-6 over his last 4 years at UM, only losing 1 conference game in that period. I also see him as the guy who coached for 7 years in a decade in which UM was the winningest football program in D-1. Will take a bit of time to rebuild towards that high level.

Who wants to bet me a $100 that UM will be better than 6-5 in year 3? AZ? Argh?

Well we sure as f*** better be.

Or what?

So you are assuming that things would have gotten better without this whole upheaval? Did some guarantee things would automatically be better?

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
PhxGriz said:
As stated. A professional, so the kid won't get the bush league shit.

Tell us how you really feel?

he feels like bobby is a bush league coach. you know, a 6-5 type of guy, despite all the advantages.

What kind of advantage do you see in inheriting a team that was 7-4, not in playoffs, and losing to the Cats, in the last 2 years?

What kind of advantage in inheriting a team with 1 returning starter on the o-line (who then got hurt) and no senior o-lineman? Sorry, but I don't see the advantage in that. Seems like a significant disadvantage to me.

How about a team that was pretty short on starting level safeties and corners?

advantages like the new facilities, etc, which stitt never got a chance to actually show recruits who signed (just the plans). advantages like the weakest schedule in years.

i thought epperly was just as good as junior, maybe better. sandry started the previous year. do you even watch the games, greenie?

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:

he feels like bobby is a bush league coach. you know, a 6-5 type of guy, despite all the advantages.

What kind of advantage do you see in inheriting a team that was 7-4, not in playoffs, and losing to the Cats, in the last 2 years?

What kind of advantage in inheriting a team with 1 returning starter on the o-line (who then got hurt) and no senior o-lineman? Sorry, but I don't see the advantage in that. Seems like a significant disadvantage to me.

advantages like the new facilities, etc, which stitt never got a chance to actually show recruits who signed (just the plans). advantages like the weakest schedule in years.

i thought epperly was just as good as junior, maybe better. sandry started the previous year. do you even watch the games, greenie?

You said Hauck had ALL of the advantages. He didn't. In fact, you hardly named any.

Yes, the Performance Center. Helpful. Hauck's first class is yet to play, except for one, I believe. No one except the coaches knows how good that class is yet.

I don't agree that it was the weakest schedule in years. The out of conference schedule was tougher this year, than last year. 2 MV teams. One a playoff team that UM beat. A good Drake team, that took Iowa St to the wire a few weeks ago. Last year, Oregon and 2 total cream puffs. UM played 3 playoff teams this year. Certainly not that many last year.

Don't understand your safety comment. UM brought in 3 new safeties this year, and all of them started, or started some games. The safety group was way better under Hauck than it would have been under Stitt. I watch the games, closely, especially the secondary, and I talk to the safety and cornerbacks coach. How about you?

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

You said Hauck had ALL of the advantages. He didn't. In fact, you hardly named any.

Yes, the Performance Center. Helpful. Hauck's first class is yet to play, except for one, I believe. No one except the coaches knows how good that class is yet.

I don't agree that it was the weakest schedule in years. The out of conference schedule was tougher this year, than last year. 2 MV teams. One a playoff team that UM beat. A good Drake team, that took Iowa St to the wire a few weeks ago. Last year, Oregon and 2 total cream puffs. UM played 3 playoff teams this year. Certainly not that many last year.

Don't understand your safety comment. UM brought in 3 new safeties this year, and all of them started, or started some games. The safety group was way better under Hauck than it would have been under Stitt. I watch the games, closely, especially the secondary, and I talk to the safety and cornerbacks coach. How about you?

i wrote "a 6-5 guy, despite all the advantages", which any reader with a brain would read as stating bobby had several advantages, not "all" of them, whatever that would mean. have you forgotten how to read, greenie?

i watch the games too, greenie, except often from about 7,000 miles away, so i gotta rely on cda to parse out what really happened off the screen. oh, but i do see when the safeties get burned, so i guess i saw a lot of safety play this year.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

i wrote "a 6-5 guy, despite all the advantages", which any reader with a brain would read as stating bobby had several advantages, not "all" of them, whatever that would mean. have you forgotten how to read, greenie?

i watch the games too, greenie, except often from about 7,000 miles away, so i gotta rely on cda to parse out what really happened off the screen. oh, but i do see when the safeties get burned, so i guess i saw a lot of safety play this year.

No, in your post you said this" "despite all the advantages."

What did you mean by the word "all"? Just one? Just a few?

So, without the 3 new safeties, do you think other safeties on the team, whoever they were, would have been burned less?

Not understanding what you are saying.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

So you are assuming that things would have gotten better without this whole upheaval? Did some guarantee things would automatically be better?

And you're assuming they wouldn't. ;)

And based on 3 years in Missoula and his past in Colorado, I feel pretty good about saying Stitt is a career 7 win coach.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

And based on 3 years in Missoula and his past in Colorado, I feel pretty good about saying Stitt is a career 7 win coach.

Well after his stint at UNLV and if he has three years of 6-7 wins here, what would that make BH? How long does he get to rest on his laurels from his first stint here? Or are you in the "7-9 years to rebuild is ok" camp?

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

Well after his stint at UNLV and if he has three years of 6-7 wins here, what would that make BH? How long does he get to rest on his laurels from his first stint here? Or are you in the "7-9 years to rebuild is ok" camp?

TBH, I was never sold that BH would walk right in and have success and am only lukewarm to his hire, but I don't think Stitt was the answer and his time had run it course.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

No, in your post you said this" "despite all the advantages."

What did you mean by the word "all"? Just one? Just a few?

So, without the 3 new safeties, do you think other safeties on the team, whoever they were, would have been burned less?

Not understanding what you are saying.
Not sure it's possible to understand.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

TBH, I was never sold that BH would walk right in and have success and am only lukewarm to his hire, but I don't think Stitt was the answer and his time had run it course.

Fair enough. But if we're still having 6-5 seasons three years from now we'd better be making a change again. That shit may be good enough 200 miles to the east, but it ain't good enough for Griz nation.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

He isn't going to rest on his laurels. Get back to us in a year or two. It's a free country, but how often are you going to say the same thing. Consider just putting it in your avatar, so we can ignore it more easily.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

He isn't going to rest on his laurels. Get back to us in a year or two. It's a free country, but how often are you going to say the same thing. Consider just putting it in your avatar, so we can ignore it more easily.

Listen, I'm just going off your post several back about betting on whether he's 6-5 three years from now. Remember, you've established already that OTHER people don't get to decide what we talk about here. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

Fair enough. But if we're still having 6-5 seasons three years from now we'd better be making a change again. That shit may be good enough 200 miles to the east, but it ain't good enough for Griz nation.

So you are saying after year 4?

PlayerRep said:
RayWill said:
Who cares. Man can we have something else to talk about. The same old argument over and over again. Every thread turns into either about GJ or Stitt vs Hauck. Let us move on everyone. What's done is done and can't be undone.

I care, and alot of people are interested. Can you shut up? If you don't want to discuss or read something, then don't. But stop with you crap posts trying to stop other people's conversation. It's the off season. How's that?

AGREED.

Some people have such a shallow intellect and pool of knowledge in general, they can't recognize that there are numerous different reasons that past players and coaches will come up in relevent discussions over time.

Responding to a discussion by interjecting your viewpoint that the discussion isn't interesting to you is rude and boring. Click on topics you find interesting, scroll past the ones you don't. Otherwise, you're just a douchebag interrupting a conversation to remind everyone that you're a jerk. We already knew.

grizindabox said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
PhxGriz said:
As stated. A professional, so the kid won't get the bush league shit.

Possible, but we know that Stitt was a 7-4 type of guy, despite all the advantages.

Which advantages are you referring to? The reduced number of scholarships, Engstrom, or the champions center under construction until halfway through his last season?

Fahque said:
grizindabox said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:

Which advantages are you referring to? The reduced number of scholarships, Engstrom, or the champions center under construction until halfway through his last season?

What would Enstrom have done to hold Stitt back? Just curious. Having championship center on the drawing board and being built was a way bigger advantage that Hauck, Pflu and Delaney had. Yes, down some scholarships.

What about program history, winningest D1 program in the 2000s, best attendance in FCS, nicest stadium in FCS, great stadium and game day atmosphere, great town, number of players in NFL, great alumni and former player support, I assume the biggest football budget in the conference, etc.?

What other Big Sky schools have more advantages than UM?

Back