• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Stitt give inside track to Jensen and run off last year's qb's?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yet another Stitt thread not started by me...yet somehow I’M the one obsessed with him.

He’s still living rent free in some posters’ heads here...

Does it make you uncomfortable when hypocrisy is exposed?

Is it crowded having him inside your head with you?

As I said, it's the hypocrisy of you and others that motivated my post. Plus, I wonder what will happen at TS. See Digger's post above.

:lol: :lol: :lol: MY hypocrisy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kemajic said:
RayWill said:
Who cares. Man can we have something else to talk about. The same old argument over and over again. Every thread turns into either about GJ or Stitt vs Hauck. Let us move on everyone. What's done is done and can't be undone.
What interesting topics have you introduced? Looking....

Fine fine fine. I just figured this would turn into another thread with PR AZ and CDA and one or two others going over the same argument that has been done all year. I agree it is the offseason and it sucks and there is nothing of relevance happening. I 'll stay out of this one. Frankly, hope Stitt does well, hope Gresch does well. Hope Bobby Huack and the Griz and Sneed do well as well.

RayWill said:
kemajic said:
RayWill said:
Who cares. Man can we have something else to talk about. The same old argument over and over again. Every thread turns into either about GJ or Stitt vs Hauck. Let us move on everyone. What's done is done and can't be undone.

Fine fine fine. I just figured this would turn into another thread with PR AZ and CDA and one or two others going over the same argument that has been done all year. I agree it is the offseason and it sucks and there is nothing of relevance happening. I 'll stay out of this one. Frankly, hope Stitt does well, hope Gresch does well. Hope Bobby Huack and the Griz and Sneed do well as well.

Actually, until I started this thread, not one poster on egriz had discussed the question I posed. Texas St, Stitt, Jensen does not equal UM, Hauck, Jensen. Different school, different coach, different year. Potentially a similar issue.

PlayerRep said:
RayWill said:
kemajic said:
RayWill said:

Actually, until I started this thread, not one poster on egriz had discussed the question I posed. Texas St, Stitt, Jensen does not equal UM, Hauck, Jensen. Different school, different coach, different year. Potentially a similar issue.

I concur PR.

I saw Idaho Griz brought this up: So it might seem the answer to the thread question is YES.

Here’s an interesting “take” on the Jensen addition from a site that seems to specialize in Texas Football … called “Dave Campbell’s Texas Football.”
https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2 ... eview_img

Some key excerpts:
Shehan Jeyarajah wrote:
Texas State adds prolific JUCO quarterback with ties to offensive coordinator Bob Stitt
Texas State made an underrated addition to its quarterback room ... Gresch Jensen …
Jensen will have two years of eligibility remaining at Texas State.

However, none of the three players managed to pull away consistently. Even Jones completed just 55.7 percent of his passes in 2018. Texas State hired Spavital – and by extension, Stitt – to completely revamp what was a disappointing offense in 2018.

Jensen is a talented player who succeeded right away at Montana. That could give him a leg up on other players on the roster who might need more time to transition to an air raid, spread style of offense.
Texas State only has eight commits in the class of 2019 after firing head coach Everett Withers after three seasons. [My emphasis.]

Coaching can be brutal. I can't remember the ages of Stitt's kids but hopefully they are headed to college at this point in their lives. Colorado and a consistent place to live for years, then Montana for three, then Oklahoma and now Texas. Resilient is a word that comes to mind. I wish him and his family success.

grizindabox said:
I don't know...will the former starter pout if things get tough and decide to leave?

As stated. A professional, so the kid won't get the bush league shit.

Copper Griz said:
Coaching can be brutal. I can't remember the ages of Stitt's kids but hopefully they are headed to college at this point in their lives. Colorado and a consistent place to live for years, then Montana for three, then Oklahoma and now Texas. Resilient is a word that comes to mind. I wish him and his family success.

Think one is about a junior. One of the reasons Stitt said he stayed at Mines so long, was because of his kids and family.

grizindabox said:
PhxGriz said:
grizindabox said:
I don't know...will the former starter pout if things get tough and decide to leave?

Tell us how you really feel?

he feels like bobby is a bush league coach. you know, a 6-5 type of guy, despite all the advantages.

argh! said:
grizindabox said:
PhxGriz said:
grizindabox said:

he feels like bobby is a bush league coach. you know, a 6-5 type of guy, despite all the advantages.

Possible, but we know that Stitt was a 7-4 type of guy, despite all the advantages.

grizindabox said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
PhxGriz said:

Possible, but we know that Stitt was a 7-4 type of guy, despite all the advantages.

I see Hauck as more as the winningest coach in UM history, and a guy who went 51-6 over his last 4 years at UM, only losing 1 conference game in that period. I also see him as the guy who coached for 7 years in a decade in which UM was the winningest football program in D-1. Will take a bit of time to rebuild towards that high level.

Who wants to bet me a $100 that UM will be better than 6-5 in year 3? AZ? Argh?

Com’on guys , enough is enough. Stitt’s gone, Jensen’s gone, what’s with this obsession? Bobby’s our coach and Sneeds our QB for 2019 unless someone beats him out. Wish them both well and move on.

argh! said:
grizindabox said:
PhxGriz said:
grizindabox said:

What kind of advantage do you see in inheriting a team that was 7-4, not in playoffs, and losing to the Cats, in the last 2 years?

What kind of advantage in inheriting a team with 1 returning starter on the o-line (who then got hurt) and no senior o-lineman? Sorry, but I don't see the advantage in that. Seems like a significant disadvantage to me.

How about a team that was pretty short on starting level safeties and corners?

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:

I see Hauck as more as the winningest coach in UM history, and a guy who went 51-6 over his last 4 years at UM, only losing 1 conference game in that period. I also see him as the guy who coached for 7 years in a decade in which UM was the winningest football program in D-1. Will take a bit of time to rebuild towards that high level.

Well we sure as fuck better be.

Sport said:
Com’on guys , enough is enough. Stitt’s gone, Jensen’s gone, what’s with this obsession? Bobby’s our coach and Sneeds our QB for 2019 unless someone beats him out. Wish them both well and move on.

It's not an obsession to discuss former coaches and players, particularly a coach who just got hired, and a player who just visited the Cats and now has committed to Texas St, whee his old coach now is.

Don't open the thread if you don't like the topic.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
argh! said:

Well we sure as f*** better be.

Or what?

Back