• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who's with me?

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
The Mercy was sent to New York first and then LA to serve as an overflow hospital for “non covid patients” It was never intended to be a covid hospital. There was no overflow because people were staying home afraid of getting sick at the hospital. Very lame gaslighting. Smdh

Not even remotely true. First of all, the Comfort was sent to NY. The Mercy was sent to LA. Two different ships. But it was typical government bureaucratic red tape that prevented them from taking on patients. They required a convoluted process of “proving” the patient DIDN’T have COVID prior to allowing them onboard....ambulances couldn’t take patients directly to the ships...they had to go to a regular hospital first, get checked for COVID, THEN be brought by separate ambulance to the USNS ships....(and that wasn’t “Trump” orders...that was/is military protocol to prevent COVID from getting into the ship). At the end of the day, NYC ended up using a concert hall as overflow and it worked just fine.

Thanks I screwed up the names and cities. So what was Trumps point of even sending them if the military wasn’t to going allow covid patients on board? What did you mean “and that wasn’t “Tump” orders....that was/is military protocol to prevent COVID from getting into ship.” Isn’t he the guy at the top of the chain of command? so doesn’t that make it his protocol Mr. Hand. Lol ( reference to Jeff Spicoli j.

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Not even remotely true. First of all, the Comfort was sent to NY. The Mercy was sent to LA. Two different ships. But it was typical government bureaucratic red tape that prevented them from taking on patients. They required a convoluted process of “proving” the patient DIDN’T have COVID prior to allowing them onboard....ambulances couldn’t take patients directly to the ships...they had to go to a regular hospital first, get checked for COVID, THEN be brought by separate ambulance to the USNS ships....(and that wasn’t “Trump” orders...that was/is military protocol to prevent COVID from getting into the ship). At the end of the day, NYC ended up using a concert hall as overflow and it worked just fine.

Thanks I screwed up the names and cities. So what was Trumps point of even sending them if the military wasn’t to going allow covid patients on board? What did you mean “and that wasn’t “Tump” orders....that was/is military protocol to prevent COVID from getting into ship.” Isn’t he the guy at the top of the chain of command? so doesn’t that make it his protocol Mr. Hand. Lol ( reference to Jeff Spicoli j.

Lol. Yeah, the CinC makes every call, every order, at every level. That’s EXACTLY how it works. :lol: :lol:

Stick to what you know (which is a pretty small universe)....

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

Dutchie, please do yourself a favor and go down to the Sitting Duck or the Raven for a while. BUT! Get a damn room in either Bigfork or Woods Bay and don't get behind the wheel because, well, just because. While there, research this:
The EPA
OSHA
FAPE
Title IX
End of the Viet Nam War
Voting age lowered to 18
Drinking age lowered to 18 (and when raised to 21)
End of conscription
Removal from the Gold Standard
Wilderness Act
Wild Rivers Act
55 mile an hour speed limit (don't care who signed into law)
BIA Colleges established
Opened doors to China

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

That is not how the National Tesponse Framework is executed. Federal resources are not committed until requested by a Governor.

SoldierGriz said:
Dutch Lane said:

That is not how the National Tesponse Framework is executed. Federal resources are not committed until requested by a Governor.

The state must first declare an emergency? I believe that is correct, but it's been a very, very, very long time since I was involved in any planning per se.

https://www.fema.gov/disaster-declaration-process

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

Lol. Yeah, the CinC makes every call, every order, at every level. That’s EXACTLY how it works. :lol: :lol:

Yes, we as a country are so fortunate that since Trump became commander and chief he’s been a completely a hands off guy who leaves all the minor military decision to “his generals”. :roll: :roll: :roll: Do you remember the war heroes he didn’t pardon and how he stayed completely out of the Crozier lynching. Thanks for educating we civilian types
on how the military was supposed designed to work but doesn’t under Trump. (Please no response is necessary my post is rhetorical, and unlike PR I’m sure you know what the means, right there chiefarooni?) :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes, we as a country are so fortunate that since Trump became commander and chief he’s been a completely a hands off guy who leaves all the minor military decision to “his generals”. :roll: :roll: :roll: Do you remember the war heroes he didn’t pardon and how he stayed completely out of the Crozier lynching. Thanks for educating we civilian types
on how the military was designed to work but doesn’t under Trump. (Please no response is necessary my post is rhetorical, and unlike PR I’m sure you know what the means, right there chiefarooni?) :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

on how the military was supposed designed to work but doesn’t under Trump. (Please no response is necessary my post is rhetorical, and unlike PR I’m sure you know what the means, right there chiefarooni?) :thumb:

Let's start with Stanley McChrystal...do some relevant research.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Dutch Lane said:

Ah hell, facts and data will not deter you from a good argument. Me thinks the haircut needs to get going to even come close to his community organizer.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/197-military-officers-purged-by-obama/

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Ah hell, facts and data will not deter you from a good argument. Me thinks the haircut needs to get going to even come close to his community organizer.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/197-military-officers-purged-by-obama/

Now you choose to, for whatever reason, to state the prior administration was highly thought of by the military. Really? Stick to what you know.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2017/01/08/the-obama-era-is-over-here-s-how-the-military-rates-his-legacy/

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

Still waiting for that Crozier reinstatement, are ya, Einstein? :lol: :lol:

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
SoldierGriz said:

The state must first declare an emergency? I believe that is correct, but it's been a very, very, very long time since I was involved in any planning per se.

https://www.fema.gov/disaster-declaration-process

Yes. Typically, the State Governor declares an emergency and asks the President to declare a National Emergency. Then, the Governor deploys their National Guard Forces, and requests EMAC forces from other states. These are pre-arranged exchanges of Guard forces. If there are still gaps in capacity or capability a request is sent through the lead federal agency - usually FEMA. They work the interagency process to determine if federal forces are required and appropriate. The request then goes to the Joint Staff for sourcing of the right unit or units. Federal forces do not assist states without the Governor requesting them. The President does have some Authorities to deploy forces through the Insurrection Act and ART II of the Constitution, but these are rarely used and would require very extreme challenges...not applicable in this case.

WaGriz4life said:
EverettGriz said:
The only time I “watch” news is when I travel internationally.

No where are the numbers even close to a 90% decrease. Even on those “news” sources people watch.

Yesterday 254 people died of COVID vs 2,749 on April 21. That’s a 92.4% decrease for those that can do math. Tough day for the “nowhere near 90%” crowd. I can do this everyday for you if you would like.

Could you do the math for me since July 7th? My adding machine is on the brink.

July 7th 993 deaths
July 8th 890 deaths
July 9th 960 deaths
July 10th 849 deaths
July 11th 731 deaths

Ursa Major said:
WaGriz4life said:
Yesterday 254 people died of COVID vs 2,749 on April 21. That’s a 92.4% decrease for those that can do math. Tough day for the “nowhere near 90%” crowd. I can do this everyday for you if you would like.

Could you do the math for me since July 7th? My adding machine is on the brink.

July 7th 993 deaths
July 8th 890 deaths
July 9th 960 deaths
July 10th 849 deaths
July 11th 731 deaths

Trending downward. 29 total in MT.

Back